“Nice hotel”

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
uk
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We enjoyed our stay with the riveria resort and spa hotel, the room we stayed in was clean and i was impressed at the daily cleaning from the housekeeping staff. The lift made a strange noise but we got used to it.I was concerned about the cats as I am allergic to them,but they were no problem at all as they did not come into the hotel. The food was nice, although unfortunately there was limited choice for vegetarians, It would be nice to of had some meat alternatives besides fish in the main meal section. If you are vege I would suggest informing the staff of this before your visit. Some of the food was quite salty for me but this may be due to personal taste. The dinning hall staff were very helpful and always able to help. The deserts were very tasty. This hotel is in a very quiet location with no shops nearby but there is a good bus service which was very helpful.

Room Tip: I would suggest a pool view or sea view, I think the back of the hotel is too noisy as the road is t...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dean M, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 December 2012
Dear Claire,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments you have left above.
It is extremely satisfying to hear that yet another guest has left The Riviera Resort & Spa happy with the level of service we offer.

With regards to the vegetarian option, we kindly ask our future guests to advise us of this prior to arrival so that our team of chefs will be able to prepare something special for them.

Whilst I thank you again, I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of seeing you here with us in the near future.

Regards,

Accomodation Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kent, UK
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Just back from a week at the Riviera, not a 4 star but 3 star for sure...do not let that put you off, its a lovely relaxing place to stay. Not the most exciting meals but plenty of choice and even the fussiest would not starve....does not serve up chicken nuggets and chips so if this is what you are looking for you will be disappointed but great salad choices at both lunch and dinner and always a fish course and meat, pasta and potato and veg options. The desserts were quite often delicious and the cause of my weight gain! The spa treatments we had were fabulous and reasonably priced. The staff everywhere in the hotel were friendly and helpful. The bus stop just outside the hotel was great and a 7 day unlimited bus travel ticket at 12 euros (available from the hotel lobby shop) took us all over the beautiful island...do visit the Blue Grotto, worth the 3 buses to get there and the main city of Valetta for shopping. Warning the hotel is remote and there are no shops nearby but the buses are so regular and get you everywhere it is no problem. We had a great stay and people we spoke to all felt the same way. Room was cleaned daily and fresh towels if you wanted them. And as for the cats they did not come in to the hotel at all and were no problem whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Candice M
Dean M, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Candice,

I would like to start off by thanking you for the time taken to write the above post.
It is very nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here with us. This for us is very important since our main aim is to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

I would like to ensure everyone that the hotel is a 4 STAR all inclusive Resort and with plans to achieve greater things in the near future.

I am glad you enjoyed the location of the hotel and also the variety of dishes offered on a daily basis by our team of chefs.
Our Spa is one of the many services the hotel offers that we can boast about. Everyone who visits our Spa, goes over and over again to try the vast selection of massages and treatments available.

I would like to also thank you for the nice comments you have left on our staff. They work very hard on a daily basis in order to offer our esteemed guests the best possible service.

Whilst I thank you once again, we hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you here with us in the near future.

Accomodations Operations Manager
Wales
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I am pleased to say that this hotel is worth the money that I paid £250 all inclusive.
The staff went out of there way to help you and were there for your every need.
For me it was just what I wanted. Away from the maddening crowed. Its so quiet and restful you can forget about the world and its troubles. If it loud music, lager louts, and babs in wet tee shirts you are after then dont go there. I can say that if you want to chill and not listen o the worlds problems go to this hotel. Be it 1 hour from the cities Capital you can get to anywhere on the island by bus witin an hour or so. An all day bus pass is 2 euro 60. Plenty of places to visit and the churches are fab. Where ever i traveled I felt safe, and the people of Malta are very happy to converse in English. Temps while I was there was around 21 degrees, and I had to sleep with the patio door open as it was still very warm in the evenings.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor room 161 overlooking the pool. It was quiet given the time of year. Our ro...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Dean M, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 December 2012
Dear Izzy,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments you have left above.
We strive on a daily basis to make sure that our guests leave the hotel with a sense of satisfaction and with every intention of returning back. It is very nice to hear that we are managing in doing so.
With this being said we always try to improve our product and this, I promise, will never stop.

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed the peace and tranquility the Riviera Resort & Spa has to offer. The hotel is surrounded with country side and the meditterranean sea.
Our spa also makes you feel that you are in another world and after a massage or two one feels completely relaxed and stress free.

Our staff are our main asset. They always go out of their way to ensure that our guests get the best experience possible.

Whilst I thank you once again, I do hope that you we will visit the Maltese Islands once again, and stay here with us one more time.

Kind Regards,

Accomodations Operations Manager
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We arrived on Saturday 24th November for an 8 night stay. We originally had a country view room but as we were celebrating we decided to upgrade. This was excellent value at 175 Euros. Brilliant Terrace with super sea view.

Reception staff extremely helpful especially Doreen who was a super star. The food was very good and different every day. Being able to have a full English was spot on! The scrambled eggs were a delight. The bistro food was delicious and Peter a very attentive Maître D.

Drink selection was again very good cocktails delicious , watch out for Karen she doesn't like to see you with an empty cup or glass.

All public areas of the hotel were spotless, watching the window cleaners was very entertaining those see view windows are HUGE.

Only downside to this break was the poor housekeeping management of the rooms. This is not the fault of the room attendants rather the person responsible for the room checking. I have written to the hotel whilst we were there but alas no response which is very disappointing!

We would definitely have returned to this hotel again and again but we are put off by the poor Management response. Bit of a deal breaker.

Mr & Mrs Cooper late of Room 204

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms. Cooper,

I would like to start off by thanking you for the time taken to write the above post and also thank you for the nice coment you have left about our hotel.

We are very pleased to here that you have enjoyed your stay here with us.
With this being said, I can see from the above that an aspect of your stay was not up to your standards due to your room not being cleaned on a daily basis.

Last Friday was the first time that I got t know about this issue and as I believe you can also state this problem was dealt with immediately and a maid was sent to your room to make the bed and and clean your room. Unfortunately this was not brought to my attention before and thus I couldn't act before.
However we work hard on a daily basis in order to exceed guest satisfaction and these things should not happen.
As explained in the email we exchanged this morning, Monday 3rd of December, the person incharge of this was spoken to aswell.

I am very sorry that this issue has effected part of your holiday and for this in behalf of the management and staff I do apologise.

I do hope that you accept our apologies and we will see you with us very soon.

Accomodation Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at Riviera resort and spa in march 2010 for a week. I have to admit that we had the best meals ever in hotel restaurant. Food was incredible delicious and drinks at the lobby bar, amazing. Standard room, nice and clean. Staff very friendly and proffessional.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Thea1235
Dean M, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
Dear Izabella,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments left above.

We strive on a daily basis to offer our guests the best possible service. This is something which we believe is essential to keep our guests leaving happy form our hotel and recommend us to their friends and relatives.

When one books an all inclusive stay it is a must that the food and drinks are of the best possible quality. This will make our guests enjoy their stay to the utmost.

Whilst I thank you once again, we look forward to see you again here with us.

Birkirkara, Malta
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We had a very good weekend break , very nice view from our room ,you can see comino and gozo view! The food was exellent and with free drinks during the meals! Staff was very friendly ! The pool area is very nice and its good for a relaxing weekend !

Room Tip: Choose sea view
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alan B
Dear Alan,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for the nice comments left above.

As a hotel we promise good value for money when staying at The Riviera Resort & Spa. the board basis which we have on option for our guests both offer this.
The all inclusive package is a great way of spending your stay here with us. Drinks, snacks and main meals are included all day round and this is something which guests love.

I am glad that you have also enjoyed our pool facilities. Next time you visit us please also take a look at our spa. It is a great way to unwind after a long week at work.

Whilst I thank you once again, we look forward tosee you here with us once again.

Regards

Wigtown, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2012

having returned from your hotel after a brilliant week.the hotel is a beautiful place to stay.we found
the hotel was spotlessly clean and the bedroom maids did a spendid job in keeping them clean,they where that clean one could have ate their food off the floor.we had a room facing the fabulous view .it was lovely to see the local people going out to do there fishing at 3 oclock in the mornings.the buses were across from the hotel and were well worth getting on and off when ever you wanted to.a trip across on the ferry to the island of gozo, this is a must, to me it was a magical island.we were all inclusive which is well worth it.eating and drinking as much as you was great.i for the time in my life tried most of the dishes and there was plenty to choose from.the chefs were great and were allways there to please you.i loved the menue.we liked the entertainment each night,joe the barman was a comic and the twin brothers shaun and justin were so very polite.i must praise the staff in the dining room as they were all charming.especially alamin.also michael and not not to forget anton and his management staff greeting everybody daily with a smile which was lovely.so on this note i will say very well done and we will be back next year, which cannot come quick enough.so thanking every one verymuch for a fabulous holiday..
margaret south west scotland.email magshannah@btinternet.com

Room Tip: a room facing the sea is brilliant
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 54margaret
Dear Margaret,

I would like to thank you for the nice comments left above. It is very nice to hear that you have every intention of returning back next year.

Return guests are essential for a hotel to keep going and this shows that the hotel is exceeding guests expectations with its services.

Next time you visit us I hope you have the opportunity to visit our Spa which offers a wide variety of massages and treatments. This is a great way to add that something extra to your holiday.

I would like to also thank you for the nice comments left about our staff. They are our gem. They always go out of their way to try and help our guests in every need which arises throughout their stay.

Whilst I thank you once again, we look forward to see you here with us next year.

Kind Regards,

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Solana Hotel
#3 of 12 in Mellieha
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,153 reviews
db San Antonio Hotel + Spa

Been to LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!