“Stunning views”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Stunning views”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife & I have just returned from 9 nights at the Riviera. We stayed on an All Inclusive basis. The food & drink selections were superb & the hotel is very well run. The views from the hotel are the best we've experienced. The hotel is a bus ride from bars & restaurants but there is a bus stop a few yards away from the hotel. Although the hotel is slightly remote, the location is perfect for trips over to Comino & Gozo. Comino is such a beautiful small island with its very own blue lagoon. What sets this hotel apart from other 4* hotels we've previously visited is that it has a number of bars, a few restaurants & I think the Hola Bar is a nice touch (an alternative place to sunbathe with a bar area). A special mention has to go to Karen (the reception bar manager), she does such a good job & makes sure the guests are always happy when spending time in her bar. Mellieha is well worth a visit, its a small town with a few nice bars & restaurants with a traditional feel. Bugibba is a lot more commercialised & has many bars & was very busy when we accidently visited.

Room Tip: The Riviera do a bbq night every wednesday, very very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wales31582
Brian O, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Wales31582
Thank you for sharing your “ Stunning Views” review as a senior reviewer with fellow trip advisor followers along with the staff and management of Riviera Resort & Spa. It’s great to read you found all to be exactly what you had wanted and we were able to meet all your wishes.
I can read that you have enjoyed all the meals across the board and had a taste of everything our chefs had to offer in our number of restaurants available for dining.
Beverages and cocktails etc. which can be just as important as dining for some have also pleased the taste buds by the reads of things.
Your positive comments on staff throughout the resort will be greatly appreciated by all concerned and by staying with us on all Inclusive gives that much little more time to get to know everybody. It reads that you have got to know some of the staff by name and appreciate the service and beverages that we had to offer.
Presently we have a choice of four outlets available for dining in the evening two of which are part of the all-inclusive package.
Hola Beach is a popular area for the guests also to enjoy with the all-inclusive beverage package being offered there also during the day.
I am happy to see that you returned home completely satisfied .

We do look forward to welcoming you back and we are once again pleased that you had a great stay.

All the best .

Brian O’ Connor .

Resort Operations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I have just returned from a week at the Riviera with my girlfriend and it was excellent.

Incredibly attentive staff, first class pooldeck and Hola beach owned by the hotel and a super selection of buffet food! The €1.50 X1 bus from the airport was great and the hotel is so close to the Gozo ferry :)

A couple of small points - the rooms were a little dated and we had asked for a double bed as opposed to two singles pushed together.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Patrick H
“ Summer relaxation” that’s what it’s all about and I am happy to read that that is exactly what you have had at Riviera Resort & Spa. An overall enjoyable holiday and we punched all the circles for you.
Staff, food and “our first class pool deck” along with all our other facilities we had to offer has met your expectations and that does give us great pleasure and to see once again more happy guests. Guests also appreciate the change of scenery at the Hola beach as you pointed out and our number of natural palm trees does add to that exotic feeling .
I would like to thank you for your feedback and its great you had an excellent over all break with us at Riviera Resort & Spa. Your comments are appreciated and will be passed onto all staff concerned.
Our location in the north is appreciated for the peace, quiet and relaxation and as you correctly pointed out is ideal to commute with the public transport. We do get a lot of positive feedback about the public transport and the great value for money it offers.
We forward to welcoming you once again in the not too distant future back to the Riviera Resort & Spa .

All the best for now.
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

We visited in May 2014.
As a group of young girls we enjoyed the beautiful scenery and close proximity to the blue lagoon (definitely visit early in the morning or later in the day as it gets very busy over midday) and the small beach.

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were adequate.

We were greeted by a Scottish receptionist lady who was very friendly and helpful :)

The food at the hotel was a funny mixture of choice. Ranging from 3 meat and 2 veg to pasta to pizza to unusual salad bar.
Also the pizza place next door was deserted and saw flies on the salad.
Breakfasts were really nice plenty of choice and everything cooked well.

There wasn't that many evening activities for us as young people but that might have been because of the season.

All inclusive drinks were a good selection but may have been watered down.
But lovely to have them next to the pool!

Overall it was a nice stay and we all felt safe and we had everything we needed right there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ellie S
Brian O, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Ellie S.

Thank you for sharing your review and it’s great to read you group of young girls had a great safe holiday at Riviera resort & Spa. I am happy to read that the facilities along with our location were appreciated.

I can assure you Malta is not just for the oldies, at the end of June we had the Isle of MTV here in Malta and 50,000 youngsters from all over Europe gathered for a free concert in Valetta. I can see that you came in May so keep in mind for the next visit to Riviera Resort & Spa come one month later and join in the fun on that one.
The animation team are now in full swing and organise music nights on the bar terrace on selected evenings .We have also started our weekly bbq at Hola beach and we have a DJ playing dance music for all to join in.
I am glad you popped over to the blue lagoon as I also believe that this trip is not to be missed.
It reads you were satisfied with the all Inclusive package and I can assure that the drinks are not watered down but will always have a number of ice cubes because of the warm temperatures. I am glad you did enjoy them to the full at the edge of the pool.

I would like take the opportunity to mention that the “pizza place next door” is called the Melanzane and is operated by the resort. It offers freshly cooked pizzas to order along with a number of salads, a daily pasta dish and desserts as well as beverages at a fixed price. The terrace is popular with guests that would like to dine outside as an alternative to the main restaurant on some occasions.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future maybe during peak season when the age group is at its best mix and for you to have another nice stay.

Brian O’Connor.

Bedworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

A really nice hotel. But not in Mellieha itself but tucked out of the way towards the Gozo Ferry.
The staff from front desk to house keeping were all very friendly and helpful. We stayed half board and therefore only had breakfast and evening meal - found the buffet food certainly adequate but really not enough choice and nothing exciting. Otherwise the Hotel was great. Numerous trips available and the Hop on Hop Off bus stops outside. Wrong end of the Island for all the sites, except Gozo; but being a small island easy to get around. Without its own beach I would not recommend for young families - middle age and later on in life a great place to unwind - Good pools and a superb spa. Certainly worth a visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brian O, General Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear russell55530

Thank you for sharing your review and it’s great to read you had a great all round holiday at Riviera resort & Spa. I am happy to read that the facilities along with our location ticked all the boxes for you. The busses that pass by the resort are very convenient to commute around the Island and it seems you have used them frequently and explored all parts of interest to you in Malta. I’m glad you enjoyed the time you had swimming in the choice of the thee pools we have to offer along with the treatments you have had in the Spa.
Your overall trip to Riviera resort & Spa seems to have been a great experience and I am happy to read your experience was exactly what you were looking for.
Thank you also for the positive feedback regarding the friendly and helpful staff and your comments will be passed on to them all.
We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future and for you to have another great experience.

Regards and all the best for now.

Brian O’Connor
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband came here for our honeymoon at the start of june and I must say it was a great choice.the staff at the hotel are very friendly..brian one of the managers from cork was soo helpful anything you needed he was there to help.and karen who works at the lobby bar was also very friendly and nt shy with her drink too.;) we were all inclusive and there was a great selections of drinks on there drink list..one things for sure you will not go hungary ther is a great selction of food.the hotel was very clean r bed linen was changed everyday and I regulary saw cleaners about.the spa downstairs was a bonus I booked in for a few massages which was very relaxing..I would definitly recommend this hotel the views from outside the hotel were absoutly beautiful and we had a seaview room so waking up to that everyday was just great..my mummy is planning to go in august herself now from she heard the great reports and when she jets off I will be well jel lol wud go back in a heartbeat

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank frany202
Dear frany202
Thank you for sharing your review of Riviera Resort & Spa. I’m happy to read you had an overall enjoyable holiday and more importantly a great honeymoon . Thank you for your comments on our beautiful position and I understand that the location was exactly what you were looking for.
It’s great to read that you found the staff to be friendly and all facilities we had to offer met your expectations. It’s great to read that you found time for the spa and enjoyed your treatments to the full to put a little more relaxation into the chillaxing time you had at the resort.
I would like to thank you for your feedback and its great you left completely satisfied. Your comments on the cleanliness within the resort and good service are also appreciated and will be passed onto all staff concerned.
Our location in the north is appreciated for the peace, quiet , relaxation along with the spectacular sea views you had from your room.
I wish your mum a good trip to Malta and we would be more than pleased to welcome her to the resort along with yourself in the not too distant future.

All the best with married life and I hope it will be as sunny as it was when you stayed at Riviera Resort & Spa.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Jackie and myself booked a week at the Riviera Hotel just returned on the 25th June. Room, food and staff were all excellent. We did hire a car and got about the island but there was an excellent bus service if required. Would love to return in the future.

Room Tip: Land views are better on the 3rd floor and above.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOHN G
Brian O, Manager at LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear John G.
Thank you for your short and sweet, as well as straight to the point review of Riviera Resort & Spa. I’m happy to read you had an overall enjoyable holiday and we punched all the circles for you on your scoring card..
It’s great to read that the staff, rooms, and food and all facilities we had to offer met your expectations.
I would like to thank you for your feedback and its great you had an excellent over all Holiday with us at Riviera Resort & Spa. Your comments are appreciated and will be passed onto all staff concerned.
Our location in the north is appreciated for the peace, quiet and relaxation and as you correctly pointed out, ideal to commute about with any choice of transport. We do get a lot of positive feedback about the convienient public transport just outside our door and the great value for money it offers.
I wish you a good return trip to Malta and just as importantly look forward to welcoming you once again in the not too distant future back to the Riviera Resort & Spa .

All the best for now.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I would just like to say how much of a lovely holiday I had in Malta. Yes the weather was beautiful but what made it was the friendly people at the Riviera Resort and Spa. All the staff couldn't do enough to help you and were so friendly including Vicky and her colleagues on reception, Boyana at the pool bar, Karen, Igor and co the bar staff and the fabulous Entertainment Team, Alex, Domi and Adrian.

My only negative comment would be the air conditioning, it wasn't the best but it did help me lose a few extra pounds I gained by eating all the lovely food. We went all inclusive and normally that means its hit and miss but I can honestly say that there was something for everyone. Every breakfast, lunch, snakes and dinner there was something I liked ranging from fish, meat, pasta, salads or even if I felt a bit naughty and went for pizza and chips. The deserts were also amazing, especially the carrot cake and lemon cheesecake ummm :0) I am hoping to return again in September this year. ***** :0)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank SuBo221179
Dear SuBo221179
Thank you for sharing your “ very Happy Customer” review with fellow trip advisor reviewers along with the staff and management of Riviera Resort & Spa. It’s great to read you found all to be exactly what you had wanted and we were able to meet all your wishes.
I can read that you have enjoyed all the meals across the board and had a taste of everything Chef Daniel and his brigade had to offer in our number of restaurants available for dining..
Your positive comments on staff throughout the Hotel departments will be greatly appreciated by all concerned, it reads that you have got to know and remembered a lot by name.
The animation team are energetic and I am glad you appreciated the contribution they have made to make your stay more enjoyable. Our team of animators five in all now are all set to keep everybody on their feet for the summer months to come.
I am happy to see that you returned home safely completely satisfied and cannot wait to return to Riviera Resort and Spa for your second holiday in September of this year.

We do look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distance future.

until then all the best

Brian O’ Connor .

Resort Operations Manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
#2 of 14 in St. Paul's Bay
Luna Holiday Complex
Luna Holiday Complex
#7 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to LABRANDA Riviera Premium Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!