“Top Notch As Always” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
“Top Notch As Always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

August 10th – 17th 2012.

Well it was with great anticipation that we returned to our favourite hotel The Seabank in Mellieha for our third stay there as a family, the reason for our slight concerns was that the Seabank had expanded the hotel and added new wings plus it had gone fully inclusive where
in the past it had been only half board.
On our arrival we were met at the reception desk by our very good friend Marion Spiteri and her wonderful staff, check in was very fast and as promised when we booked we were given a room with sea view. The new lifts were fast and spacious.
When we entered our room which was in the new wing we were simply blown away by its size and quality and its furnishing and colour scheme, there were really comfortable beds for all three of us. It helped that the room was divided in half by a partition and sliding door which allowed our daughter her own space plus there were two TV’s in the room so there were no arguments over who watched what plus tea and coffee facilities and free Wifi . There was plenty of storage space with a large wardrobe and a large chest of drawers. The bathroom was spacious with bath/shower. The room and bathroom were very clean and well presented. A major plus included in the room was a mini fridge also a very modern safe. The balcony was very spacious with a table and chairs as well. The hotel housemaids did a very good daily job of cleaning our room and this included clean bedding and clean towels etc.

Food wise you had a choice Coral Restaurant ( the main dining room ) for breakfast,
lunch and evening meal and a superb choice of top class food was served. You then
also have a choice of these restaurants: The Pool Restaurant, The La Vista, The Jungle
then The Maya Beach Restaurant, The Mexi-co Restaurant and finally the L-Orjent
Restaurant, with these we found you had to book your tables in advance two days
before but there is no charge for that. Mostly we ate in the Coral but used La Vista
once which was very nice food wise and service wise. Sadly we were not impressed
with the L-Orjent the food was cold and there was not much choice either and one
of the staff was totally unhelpful but overall we could not fault the food or service
provided in the other places we did eat. The II-Punet Hotel Bar had a wonderful
array of cocktails and normal drinks to choose from with very helpful staff which
included Alina bless her who we have known since our first stay at the Seabank
and always has a pleasant smile and very helpful to us as a family. It was also nice
to see Alfred Bray again who seemed to be in at least two of the restaurants we used
and Alfred is always helpful, polite and courteous.

The hotel has loads to do inside it with lots of activities, and their very large clean
swimming pool was a joy to use in the heat during our stay also there are plenty of
sun loungers and sun umbrellas around the pool. In the foyer there are three desks
where you can book a cruise etc around the island, also a desk where you can book
sight seeing trips on open top buses finally the other desk is run by Drifter where
you can book taxis, car hire, excursions and airport transfers we have used them in
the past as they are better than the local bus service provided by ARRIVA buses but
sadly Drifter let us down big style on one occasion during our stay. We booked a
taxi with them to take us to the ferry terminal to go over to GOZO Island for the day
and as usual they were on time and we got there in plenty of time to catch the ferry
over, we had a wonderful day out but on our return it went oh so wrong for us, we
arrived back from GOZO on time and sadly waited nearly an hour to be picked up
to return to the hotel there was no sign of the Drifter Taxi and due to the heat we
gave up waiting and got a normal taxi back which cost us 15 Euro’s on top of what
we had already paid. Over the next two days I had dealings with the two Drifter reps
at the hotel who were very helpful in trying to find out what occurred and tried to get
us a refund as well, on the second day the rep was told that the driver was there and
we had gone and there would be no refund given to us sadly it made my wife and I
out as liars they way it was put to us both as the driver did not make an appearance
I also asked could I meet the driver face to face but nothing came of that request either
I wonder why but in future I will be very careful about using the company again.

Overall a great stay at the new Seabank Hotel Resort & Spa and a huge thank you
to all the staff we had dealings with including Stephen the Head Chef and finally
Pierre Ebejer for all his help he gave us with our booking from start to finish and
hopefully we will return again next year and stay with you again.

So Thank You Again Seabank

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view well worth trying for one
2 Thank Gillian J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,793)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

We have just returned back from our Holiday and stayed at this Hotel.

Yes this Hotel has been recently refurbished, this definately shows, this Hotel is clean, clean, clean!. Our room was kept spotless by the cleaners, thank you Natalie.

The Swimming Pools first class, even daily swim aerobics. Enrique had the women eating out of his hands, you don't need Fifty Shades. My Wife was entertained!

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner - fabulous, plenty of variety, fresh salads, and good puds so you needed the aerobics.

The Entertainment staff fantastic, they really do work hard to get you to enjoy their shows. All the Entertainers are from different countries and their english can be a little bit strained, but their dancing was first class, my Kids were enthralled by the Music Tribute Night especially The Phantom of the Opera. Grease the Musical was well presented and funny, can we also say the Full Monty Tribute went down a treat with the audience.

The Bar Staff were very quick to serve in the Dome, well done. The Bar Staff in the Inpune Bar again were very friendly and polite, thank you Egor from Poland.

The Manager Hubert very friendly and polite, well done!, if you did have something to complain about speak to him, he really does sort it out.

I agree there were quite a few flies, but this Hotel is sitting beside a Bay, this is something you'll expect, we do get these at home!!!

The Staff really make this Hotel, if you want to book a Family Friendly Hotel this is it!!!

Room Tip: Family ECO Rooms are of a good size, suited a family of four comfortably.
10 Thank 635679Chattyman
Paris, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

Hardly a 4 star hotel. Very poor cuisine - cafeteria style reheated "meals", boring and repetitive, even if you go to early service, before they 'run out' of (whatever). The 'theme' restaurants were no better = 30 clients per restaurant (the hotel held +400) , sign up 2 days in advance and then given a special very limited menu. No shops in the hotel, no communication as to events or activities available, etc. The client left strictly to his own devices. The one bright spot of the hotel was the service - all staff was extra helpful, efficient, and pleasant - they deserve jobs in a better hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for sea facing rooms on upper floors.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank BTW75
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Me and my bf booked to stay at the seabank for 10days n 6weeks b4 we was due to go they moved us to the riveria which we was avin none off because of building work but we moved back to the seabank so we was abit concerned but we need not to av worried .... We both had a lovely time.
As soon as we saw the hotel we knew it was gonna be lovely.
We arrived to greeting receptionist who told us which lifts to get to our room and was very helpful.
Room- big lots of space beds comfy bathroom big n everything worked in our room e.g plugs a/c telly fridge keetle. Had a lovely seaview aswell.
Food- coral resturant and lunch was lovely was always something there to av tried loads of different foods and at the coral sitting outside with a seaview was lovely. La vista resturant was nice enjoyed that although portions are very big. The only bad thing about the food was the mexico resturant,we both love Mexican food but this looked like sick!! There was a fly in my salad yuk!! And the chicken wrap looked like a lump of uncooked dumpling covered in deep fried batter we was in n out within 30mins not nice at all.
Bars- all was great. Good choice of drinks bar staff really friendly.
Pool- very big lots of fun. My bf played water polo nearly everyday.
Bowling was great fun n we also played pool quiet a few times. The animation team was really fun we fort they put on shows which ok wasn't westend but they done well n made us join in n laugh loved the club dance song which iv downloaded. It's so catchy.
We did go to see Gozo which was lovely food was fantastic there our tour guide was friendly n took some great pic. Speed boat was so cool. Comino was not overly impressed just a big rock. Overall our holiday was wat we wanted it to be... Very very hot so becareful but Nice n peaceful n relaxing but fun and enjoyable at the same time. We enjoyed ourselfs but u make ur hoilday wat u want it to be. Oooo n there was fireworks one night wen the prime minster came and they was lovely to see.

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Tc-elite
Bilzen, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

I can't believe my eyes what other people write on Tripadvisor. You always find the good comments, but the BAD comments which ISN'T TRUE!!!! I know for sure after 10 years!!!!!
The Seabank All-Inclusive Resort is the pearl of the Mediterranean! You find all in one complete resort. Why? After 10 years, we decided always come back to "the proud of Malta..." The Seabank hotel carries **** stars. They realy work very hard to keep everthing super for their guests. I CAN'T BELIEVE THE BAD COMMENTS, THEY'RE NOT TRUE!!!!! The people who complain are never satisfied anywhere!!!! Don't worry it's the newest resort with the biggest pool of Malta, the food is very varied & so on.....
Well done Seabank!!! Go on & take the next star....
Karla Hensen

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the pool side
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank 007Karla
Bracknell, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Just returned from a 2 week stay with my wife and 2 children (aged 7 and 9).

We booked the Seabank hotel a long time ago knowing it was undergoing a full refurbishment in the hope that it would be a clean, professionally run hotel and of a good 4 star status.

Arrival / Check In
We arrived late at the hotel and the check in was very good. We were informed some food and drink was available for us which was a nice gesture. Luggage was taken to the room for us.

Room
We had a junior suite on the second floor which consisted of a small bathroom, kids room with partition and sliding door to another bedroom with dressing table etc and a small terrace. The room seemed very nice and clean. We had asked for proper single beds to be put in the room before arrival and this was done. Ample storage space, tea and coffee facilities and a fridge containing bottled water (all replaced daily by the maid). A combination safe is also in the room and we stored all our valuables in this in order to avoid anything going missing. Each bedroom has an individual television, fan and air conditioning (which works very well indeed but keep your terrace door shut). Overrall the rooms are of a good size, comfortable beds and the maids do an excellent job of keeping it clean.

However......on the back of the door there is nothing to tell you where to go in the event of a fire, and in fact all fire doors along the corridors were kept open day and night. In the bathroom, there was a leak under the basin which we couldn't be bothered to report as it was only minor and easily mopped up with a towel. Just a little frustrating. The fan in the kids bedroom was not working and we reported this. You could see water had at some time ran through the fan as it had left a rust spot on the fan and the floor. We were told this could not be repaired but that they would be replacing all the fans in the hotel bedrooms at some stage in the future as they looked too cheap.....not much use to us). The air con in both rooms worked well but after a few days we noticed the one in the kids room was leaking very badly. A manager came to look at it, offered to change our rooms but said it could be easily fixed. We stayed and yes, it was fixed whilst we were out on the following day. The television in our room was not working. That didn;t really bother us as we preferred reading and so did not report it.

Main Hotel
The reception area is very nice but coffee tables are not really wiped in the evening. Reception staff nice but useless - totally messed up our late check out and so we had to constantly check if anything could be done, very frustrating. There is a long corridor on the 2nd floor before you get to the rooms. Along this corridor are floor to ceiling windows which occasionally were fully open - a disaster waiting to happen, any young child could fall out!

Someone had been sick on one of the pathways leading from the pool side restaurant / toilets to the pool area. After 3 days of seeing it, I had had enough and complained at reception. It took 2 days for someone to clean it after I had reported the problem - really disgusting and a major health hazard.

There is a nice soft play area for toddlers.The bowling looked and smelled old, so we didn't bother. Same for the pub next to the bowling, just smelled really musty.

The spa looks nice although we did not use it.

The gym is useless.....weights okay but only 1 out of 4 running machines worked. By the time I had finished checking as the good one was in use, I tried a bike and that was also broken. I left the gym area very disappointed and did not bother return.

Main buffet restaurant on first appearance is very good and there are additional restaurants you can book during your stay. We tried the Vista and Jungle. The wait was awful and in the end I complained and we left. The Oriental was nice (self service so no waiting). We read and heard that the offsite 2 restaurants were not good and so didn't bother.

We ate mainly in the Coral buffet restaurant. Salads always available but always pretty much the same; pasta - kids liked - other foods: no disrespect meant to anyone on trip advisor when I say this. If you eat frozen food, or pre-prepared foods then you'll probably like the food. If you eat fresh food, with fresh herbs and some taste then you will be dissapointed. It was all piled high and most of the time bland, and on one occasion I had to complain as the pork was virtually uncooked! The fish and meat all look like they are taken out of the freezer. We would have loved some fresh fish or a nice grilled steak (as I would expect from a four star).

I suffer from coeliac's disease which is an allergy to gluten. Although there was something I could always eat, as I said it was bland. They offered to cook gluten free pasta (which I had twice and was okay but not really cooked well enough) and gluten free pizza (which I didn't bother with). Most occasions when I asked if something was gluten free, I got a blank expression and they had to go and check so I was left waiting for around 5 minutes each time. In the end I couldn't be bothered to ask and made my own judgement. Only the head chefs seemed to know. This was very poor service as we even received an acknowledgement from the hotel beforehand saying they could cope with the allergy.

The pool side restaurant served late breakfast (from 10am) but no croissants just toast so we always had to get up reasonably early to get to the Coral restaurant. All fruit juices everywhere are VERY watered down and worst I have ever tasted anywhere. It would have been nice for someone to serve tea or coffee at the table but it was self service for everything - in fact I would say self service everywhere to the extreme. Pool side food at lunch was burgers, pizza etc....seemed to be well cooked.

A lot of flies everywhere and also wasps by the pool - my wife was stung twice.

Basically the food was really dissapointing. My son suffered from a stomach upset, as did both myself (although mine was probably as I ate something containing gluten by mistake) and my wife.

Swimming Pool
Lovely size and plentiful amount of beds and umbrellas - absolutely no need to reserve anything with a towel. Very nice as well that you could change your towels as many times as you liked. On a negative point, the bottom of the pool is a concrete screed (not tiled) and so is very rough on kids feet. We bought them swimming shoes which helped and were not expensive. Activities are in the lower main lagoon style pool and even with that taking place there is plenty of room to swim and for kids to play. We kept to the top pool which was a little quieter and nearer the cave bar. My one complaint would be that there are a lot of wasps but then it is a hot climate so perhaps only to be expected. The music playing by the pool was a good idea but was very repetitive and too loud.

We noticed more people than one would expect with cotton wool in their ears when we arrived and on a couple of days the main lower lagoon style pool was closed a little longer than normal in the morning, presumably due to cleanliness of the water. We mainly swam in the upper pool and even then had to take our daughter to the doctor with an ear infection.

Entertainment
We didn't go for the entertainment, preferring to play cards etc in the indoor bar / reception area. Drinks are nice, including the cocktails and the bar staff do work hard and are all very polite. It would have been nice to get freshly made cocktails as opposed to out of a bottle and served in nice cocktail glasses instead of tumblers. It would also have been nice for a piano or something to be playing in the evening inside (just a suggestion!). Not everyone likes loud music.

We were there for the official opening and to be honest this left me really unhappy with the management. Far too many local Maltese people were invited and it was too crowded. All guests staying at the hotel - which they paid for - were told to get out of the entertainment dome whilst they gave speeches to their Maltese guests. I do not think this is on at all! The hotel had a nice firework display and laid on some food which was impossible to get to due to the amount of people. Personally I think it would have been better to have done this opening before accepting guests.

Our kids only went into the kids club a couple of times. Again the staff work hard but our kids complained it was a little boring.

Overral
The hotel has definitely been built as cheaply as possible and too much still going wrong. One builder was killed in the process of the refurbishment. I don' think the management have learnt any lessons from this and health and safety on site is far from sufficient.

We did have a relaxing holiday - and I know it may sound that I moan a lot - however, the holiday was certainly over priced for what it was. If you want a good 3 star hotel, come here but do not expect a 4 star resort. This hotel is clearly being mis-represented.

I would recommend not to stay any longer than a week.......

9 Thank AndyM290670
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I went on holiday to the seabank in Malta with my wife and 2 children. Here are the pros and cons (if you are thinking of going here.
PROS:
Great value for money, food was good and brilliant if fully inclusive, pools were clean and warm to swim in, the place is massive so loads of room, the gym was basic but ok if you want a work out, the place is very kid friendly with good access to push chairs and there is a kids area for young family's, free bottle water all holiday, friendly staff, mini disco for the kids was a hit with my 6 year old, aqua aerobics are really inclusive, some uk tv program's.

CONS: (and don't read too much into this) the performances in the evenings are by far the most disappointing part of the stay, the dancers are good but te other people sucked! By the final night I had just about had enough of bad acting, sloppy dance moves and mono tone "whoop whoops" from the Spanish comentator who never could get the volume right.

Overal I'd give this place a 4 out of 5 rating. Great to go if you want to get away from the 18-30 vibe, plus the weather was amazing!!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Deanodude
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Mellieha Bay Hotel
Mellieha Bay Hotel
#8 of 12 in Mellieha
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,890 reviews

Been to db Seabank Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!