db Seabank Resort + Spa
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$318
  • Restaurant
Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$227
US$355
Hotels.com
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$127
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
6,485 results
All reviewscoral restaurantbrazilian restaurantmain restaurantlate breakfastbowling alleyanimation teamsports barkids cluball inclusive hotelsea bankfamily roomon tapadult poolpool viewfree safethe busevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed at the sea bank in June this year and was a bit worried about some of the bad reviews but I really don't no what some people expect it was a lovely hotel well worth the 4stars I don't usually like to go back to the same place twice but I will Definately be back friendly staff very clean rooms excellent choice of food plenty to choose from if I had a negative it would be more adult entertainment at night say after 9 o'clock and wished the bar was open until 12 we thought 11 was a bit early when your on holiday most countries we've been to before are open later even if you have to pay after 11 but excellent location

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Cwalt1954
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I was a bit apprehensive about staying at the seabank, after reading all the negative comments.
We arrived just after the restuarant closed, but were told at 10.30 there was going to be buffet provided for all late arrivals which was good.
Rooms were clean and tidy.
Pool area was great, no need to reserve sunbeds at 7.30 as there were still plenty at 10.30, giving you enough time to enjoy a large breakfast on the terrace overlooking the bay (which we did every morning), recommend the pancakes.
Restuarant food was good with plenty of choices, never had a cold dish during the stay. Sweets were constantly being replaced, which shows how good they were. My vegetarian daughter did struggle a little not knowing what exactly was in some of the dishes, and my youngest who is an awkward eater struggled as well.
The meal we had in the Vista was excellent,We were allowed to mix and match the vista and jungle inclusive menus.
once they got our order right, 3 courses. My youngest just managed to eat the dustbin lid sized pizza, but her eyes still lit up when she saw the slab of chocolate fudge on offer for desert.
Did not eat at the restuarants away from the seabank, they looked more like snack bars rather than a place for an evening meal.
Yes there were flies, but when you eat outside what do you expect. I did not see any in the restuarant food display areas. Wasps yes but only because of the unfinished drinks and food trays which were not returned to the pool cafe, more wasps than we are use too at home, but we were abroad !!!
Pool attendants always on hand to help with beds and umbrellas. The non slip floor of the pool i did not find to hard on the feet.
We were woken up at 5.00am one morning by a fire alarm, there were fire evacuation plans on the back of our room doors.
The only sign of building works were when my wife and youngest ended up in the basement when lift went down not up, when the doors opened they were greeted by neumatic drills etc.
The noise was not heard at reception level.
Yes there are a few small things that could be better, but not enough to put people off staying.
Oh for a decent cup of tea, which is the first thing we had when we got home.
Overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay at the seabank

Room Tip: Quiet rooms over look the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank 803SteveH
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was our fourth visit to Malta and our third time in this hotel. Much more spacious accommodation since last years refurbishment, clean, friendly staff, indoor pool, larger outdoor pool & entertainment dome. Cocktails by the pool an added advantage of now being all inclusive. Food as usual was excellent, well displayed and great choice. Food served practically all day, from either main Coral Restaurant, Pool Restaurant or various others (2 days notice for other restaurants did put us off (especially when booking trips and not always knowing 2 days in advance if you would be there in 2 days for evening meal), although we tried one of the others it was hard to better the the Coral. Themed meal evenings as well as children's section for those more picky eaters (although if you had a problem you only had to ask the chef who was always around and he would cook anything within reason). Our family room was as requested with a partition between the children's part and ours, both parts had a tv and separate air conditioning, 4 bottles of water in the fridge every day, excellent maids,very clean, balcony with pull out clothes drying rack. Would highly recommend to others and have.

Room Tip: Choose either a pool view or sea view, some rooms at the side can only see a road and shops up into the village.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sykes_Family10
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Ignore the bad reviews !!!!
We have just come back from a fab week at the Seabank. We had a lovely room with a nice balcony. The rooms are lovely and clean.
The food was good. Breakfast- They catered for all tastes, continental breakfast, cooked breakfasts, cereals, yoghurt , toast, my kids loved the pancakes!!!
Lunch- There was always a variety.
Dinner- They had a different theme each night, there were a nice selection of salads, soups, meat + fish and lots of delicious desserts. We also ate in two of the hotels other restaurants (which need to be booked 1 or 2 days in advance) The Oriental restaurant which was nice, buffet style not as much selection but still good and another night we ate in La Vista where you could choose a starter, main course and dessert from the menu, again the food was good but the service was a bit slow.
The pool and surrounding areas were lovely and clean, I think this was the only hotel I've been to where there were more sun beds than guests so it was good being able to get a bed whatever time of day you got to the pool.
The animation team were very good, my children joined in with a few of the activities and I did the zumba a couple of times. There were all sorts of activities going on at different times throughout the day.
All the staff were very nice, bar service was always good, no long queues.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would love to go back.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank LMMK71
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Having stayed at the Seabank several times in the past, this was our first return visit since the revamp. WOW - you wouldn't recognise it as the same hotel, more of a rebuilt than a refurb.
Whilst there wasn't much to fault with the old Seabank, it is now even better. The rooms are light and airy, spacious and very clean. The main restaurant is likewise with a great selection of food - reading some reviewers criticism on that front I can only assume they normally eat at top London restaurants!! The alternative restaurants we used were also very good - so you had to book in advance - big deal!! The pool area is well laid out, with other areas for sunbathing if you wanted a bit more peace & quiet. Contrary to what has been said elsewhere- there is a shop in the hotel & there is also comprehensive info on events & activities both in hotel and around the island. All the staff were very helpful & friendly.
Although now well past the family holiday age - in fact I should be into my 'grumpy old man' stage, it was obvious that with all that was on offer, it would be ideal for that.
So nothing to fault at all? - well, since I have entered the grumpy old man stage of life - as much as they were great at thier other duties, - I thought the Animation Team's evening shows were truly awful, but then I never did like that sort of thing anyway!! The rest- Great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple