db Seabank Resort + Spa
US$123
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$159
  • Restaurant
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$122
US$341
US$168
  • Restaurant
Gillieru Harbour Hotel(St. Paul's Bay)
US$100
6,557 results
All reviewscoral restaurantbrazilian restaurantmain restaurantlate breakfastbowling alleyanimation teamsports barkids cluball inclusive hotelsea bankfamily roomon tapadult poolpool viewfree safethe busevening entertainment
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My Family and I stayed at Seabank for a week in October for Half Term.

Pros
Airport shuttle free - saved 50 euros
Animation Team (keep the kids happy). Very hard workers
Location - next to the largest beach in Malta.
Most of the staff were friendly efficient and very helpful. especially the cleaning and restaurant staff, always smiling and happy to help you.
Rooms were clean and large. Sea view rooms are spectacular
Spa - My partner loves a massage and has travelled round the world experiencing different hotels. She got a Hot Stone massage from a Thai Lady and said it was the best massage she had ever had!

Cons
Free Wifi - Could only connect to this first thing in the morning or late at night. between 9am and 10pm i was lucky if i could load bbc. I would have rather paid for a good connection
Food - Breakfast was very poor, never went back after the first day. Lunch and dinner were so inconsistent. some days really good other days really bad, All the meat dishes seemed to be overcooked and dry.
Drinks - everything out of vending machines. I have never been to a hotel before that served fresh juice out of a machine. Beer kept running out eventually gave up and went to the wine.
I mentioned a pro for the staff however 2 of the reception staff were rude and un helpful.
Money Exchange - The nearest bank is a 10 minute bus journey into the town, I asked if I could change money at the hotel and was told that it was 1:1 euro to gbp. Seriously?

I would not visit this hotel again only due to food and internet connection are very important to us.

Room Tip: sea views are spectacular
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
hubertdebono, General Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear andydin,

many thanks for taking time to write a review on trip advisor highlighting the salient points from your experience with us.

We appreciate that you have mentioned our hardworking staff especially the restaurant and cleaning teams. Our Thai masseuse has really appreciated your praise.

We are quite surprised to note your comment about the wifi connection. I would really appreciate if you could let us know from which room or area you have tried to connect as we rarely have any issues of speed since the connection and coverage are normally excellent at all times.

I appreciate your opinion about the food quality and consistency. It is unfortunate to read that you did not try breakfast again after the first attempt. Our chefs behind the show cooking stations are always ready to help in case anyone requires an item which is different or extra to what is already on offer.

All the drinks come out of draught dispensers displayed on self service beverage counters in all restaurants. This ensures an easy flow and minimises waiting times to be served. We are sorry that you did not like that the breakfast juices came from dispensing machines but I can assure you this is a norm in many hotels. In our bars, juices are served from normal tetra packs. We have 6 beer draughts in the main restaurant and it is very difficult for all of them to finish at the same time. Our waiters manning the beverage buffets would only be too happy to assist in case of any issues.
We have taken note of your comment about the money exchange. We are also trying hard to get an ATM machine closer to us.

Upon reading your balanced review, I do hope that you will re-consider visiting us again. I can assure you that if you speak to us beforehand or whilst here, we can easily ensure you will have a fully satisfying stay.

Best regards,

Hubert Debono

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed recently for a week with my kids and brother. Spend over a 1000£ we had a high expectations. We booked hotel based on good reviews but unfortunately we ignored the bad ones.
We have been on several all inclusive holidays before so we knew what to expect for the price we paid. First of all food is the main issue. This is definitely not a 4* meals. Coral restaurant is like a huge canteen with very poor quality food especially breakfast but lunch is not better. Choise is very limited and products are very cheap. They trying to save on everything, low cost drinks, cheese, cold meat, hard bread, etc. This is an example were saving gone wrong. The only one restaurant were food was tasty was Oriental cuisine also Italian restaurant was edible. Rooms are very basic. We had street view, very noisy. Sunday was a street racing with burning tyres and lots of smoke.
Animation team was good. My daughter loved face painting, pool games and evening kids disco.
Restaurant staff is mostly polite however some bar persons in Dome were rude. One more thing, first evening at the hotel the door to the room suddenly opened without prior warning, knocking or anything. We were in bed already and man came to fix something in the bathroom. That's was unacceptable. Next day I realized that must be a standard becouse houskeeping did exactly the same.Overall I would not recommend this hotel for others. I think for this money, you must have more and can find better quality.

3  Thank Radek_backpacker
hubertdebono, General Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear rad_backpacker,

Thank you for your review. Please allow me to apologise it we have failed to meet your expectations on many fronts. Your comments have been duly noted and discussed internally to see where we can improve.

I am sorry to note that you have found our food and drinks to be of poor quality. These are surely not areas where we try to save money. We do our utmost to offer a very good value package and food and drink is surely the most important. Our offering has gone down extremely well even during the peak months when clients have been paying double the October rates and since then we have not reduced the menus or quality.

The Sunday car racing up the hill to Mellieha is a one-off event for the local motor sport enthusiasts. Although we have nothing to do with this, we will alert the authorities of the nuisance it is causing to our clients.

Our staff are fully trained and aware of the procedures for entering a room as this process is carried out and checked many times a day. If you feel that this was not the case, it would be great if you can send me the details (room number and dates) so we can investigate further.

We are glad that you have enjoyed the animation and that your daughter had a good time in the kids club.

Once again I apologise if we did not meet your expectations overall and thank you for your comments. Should you feel we can be of any assistance especially if you are willing to give us another try some time in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me so I will personally ensure this time round you will be fully satisfied.

best regards,

Hubert Debono
hdebono@seabankhotel.com

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I went here with my son and his family and had a lovely time. The hotel is a good quality four star in an excellent location right next to the best sandy beach in Malta. The staff were really friendly and accomodating with nothing too much trouble, which is pretty rare!
There was a good choice of food with plenty of variety - the pick of the restaurants were the Asian and the Italian, which we ate in most nights.
This was the first time I have been to Malta and if I were to return I would have no hesitation in using this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed as part of a family break and, overall , we enjoyed our time at seabank.

However, the standards are not consistently high - most food is good ( and some - Med, Brazilian are v good ) , drinks quality is fairly poor (both range and non-branded offering) and decor is mainly clean, tidy and quite new but some areas are poor ( carpets in hallways are disgusting ).

Unfortunately, we had a problem with the departing airport transfer when a taxi (booked via the company Drifter who are the hotels preferred supplier) did not arrive. Reception staff tried to help but didn't seem to know what to do or to share the urgency - we could miss the flight! Hotel should consider the taxi partner choice and reception staff should have clear process what to do when a problem occurs at night ( swift response, alternative transport and reassurance would have really helped here).

Summary - good break, nice people - don't have high expectations and you will probably have a great holiday here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris T
Reviewed 4 November 2013

To make this review short and sweet, this is a very nice, newly updated, clean, well managed, with efficient and courteous employees, an energetic and talented animation team, with extremely comfortable family rooms. All of these are some of the many things I liked about this hotel. A small list of cons was that the food was good but selection could have been better. Probably the biggest negative was the quality of the the drinks to include fountain drinks, alcohol and especially the wine, all substandard. This hotel is an excellent value for your money and one of the reasons is that they save money in the very expensive side of the all-inclusive business, in drinks and alcohol. To get picky the large family pool is unheated and unbearably cold in October. Glad there was the heated, very well maintained indoor pool but completely packed with most of the guests of the hotel. Also, noteworthy was the exercise room and spa facilities.

Overall and for the money, I can highly recommend this hotel.