“Wonderful stay”

db Seabank Resort + Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family in mid may and we were very impressed with our stay, staff were friendly, always happy to help, food was nice and a lovely hotel overall!
Esti was extremely helpful, bar staff were great and anton at the reception always had a smile on his face. Will definitely visit again

Only downside was ariving to be told they had no rooms left for us but esti soon sorted this problem out for us

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank amie b
Write a ReviewReviews (6,216)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just back from two weeks in beautiful Malta. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Seabank Hotel. We have never been to a hotel where sunbeds were so plentiful and we enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the adult pool. The food was as good as we have ever had in an all inclusive holiday except for the bookable restaurants. We enjoyed the Brazilian and the Asian but not the Italian and the Mediterrean. In other all inclusive resorts we have been to the bookable restaurants were a la carte and full waiter service - we missed that a bit. The breakfast, however, was the best we have ever had with such a range of food to suit all tastes. Our room was spacious and cleaned very well on a daily basis. What really impressed us was that the hotel is constantly looking for feedback and really trying to please their guests - we noticed things being constantly improved. A few more bar staff to clean tables are required as the tables can get a bit sticky but as we were leaving we noticed that more staff were in place, ready for the really busy season. A non smoking section of the outside bar is also required, as non smokers, we found that we could not sit out in this area because we were surrounded by chain smokers. If guests have a problem then they really need to say at the time and not grumble on here. My impression of the hotel is that they would do their best to sort things if people let them know and are given the opportunity to do so. We enjoyed using the bus service and visited Gozo, Valetta and Marsalox. Thank you Seabank for an overall wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: High floor Pool view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank susbellquig
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just retuned from a weeks holiday at Seabank and were gutted to come home. We had the most fantastic week and could not have picked a better hotel. Upon arrival, check in was fast and easy ( which we were glad of at 5 am!) The room was massive with plenty of storage, a huge bed! ( 2 large singles pushed together) and great air con which was very much appreciated at the end of a hot day! The bathroom was clean and well-equipped with everything you could need including a nice big bath tub. Big thank you to the cleaning staff who kept our room spotless. The food was fantastic with 6 different restaurants to choose from, my boyfriend and I are both pretty fussy eaters but neither of us failed to find something we liked every single meal time. We booked to eat at La Vista (italian restaurant) and L'Orjent (chinese restaurant) and were impressed with both. My boyfriend did not really enjoy the chinese-again because he is fussy!- but I loved it! And the fact that there was food available at all times of the day was fantastic! There are also an amzing selection of drinks, you can literally have anything you ask for at no cost! There were endless amounts of activities available throughout the day, we didnt join in with any but there is certainly enough to do! The pool was great, we especially made the most of the adult area, with a seperate pool and bar it was lovely to be in a quieter area! The entertainment team were wonderful throughout the day and in the evening especially when they did the variety show which had us both in fits of laughter. We particulalry enjoyed watching Stephanie (sorry if misspelt) whose dancing was incredible! Definitely the best out of the team! We also enjoyed use of the spa, both of us enjoying 2 masages during our stay and use of the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. The only very minor negatives about our stay are 1) were a bit disappointed that we couldnt get a late check out for our room as it was booked for someone else- but I suppose this couldnt be helped. And 2) there is not a lot to do in the area outside of the hotel. We ventured out to the beach across the road one morning but other than that we stayed in the hotel grounds for the whole week- having said that, we were perfectly happy to do absolutely nothing for a week!
Massive thank you to absolutely everyone at seabank for making our holiday such an amazing and memorable week!
Gemma and Jake.

Room Tip: We had a land view room with balcony which looked out onto the road- didnt bother us at all though...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GScoynes
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed in the Seabank at the end of June,and must admit we thought the hotel was great, the staff were very helpful and friendly,the food was excellent,in the main dining room & the different restaurants in the complex. Barstaff were excellent also,very quick at mixing the different cocktails on offer.
Our room was very clean,with a huge double bed.
I would advise asking for a pool view room,as the main road outside can be very busy and noisy,but that's not the hotels fault.
All in all we had a great holiday & will definitely be back..........

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graeme H
Reviewed 19 July 2014

i have been coming to malta for around 18 years now. this was my first time at the seabank hotel and its safe to say I will be returning.The rooms were cleaned everyday with a lot of space. There are many activities to tru throughout the days including archery, zumba and dance classes, then entertainment every night for children and adults to enjoy. there is always something going on. Beautiful setting with Melliha Beach as you step outside the front doors, or if you prefer the pool area which has an adult area which I found really relaxing and an enjoyable place to spend my afternoons. KYLE at the pool bar was fantastic at his job and even though you were only up there for afew seconds he makes you feel right at home and was very very pleasant to talk to. The all inclusive food and drink was always great and always a variety of things to choose from. I am looking forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie E
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed the past couple of nights & it was great. We spent most of the time in the gorgeous, large pool & our daughter loved it. We went there to relax & that's what we did. The resort is gorgeous & plenty of things to do. The food & drinks are available all day & plenty to choose from. Although most of the restaurants offer buffet, it is very good quality & taste.

Looking forward to going back asap

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pavagio
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at the Seabank Resort & Spa during a family holiday earlier this year and overall was very pleased with my stay and had no major complaints. I found the reception staff very friendly and welcoming, and the room was clean and equipped with all I needed. The location was lovely, with good transport links and a small but pleasant beach across the road. The pool area was also good, with plenty of sun loungers.

There are some areas for improvement though, in my opinion. There were a few different restaurants within the hotel - we all loved the Brazilian-style El Rodizio, but weren't overly enamoured with the others. The Chinese was nothing special and there was not enough choice at the Italian. I also found the nightly "entertainment" disappointing, but in all fairness that was probably partly due to it being very early in the holiday season and therefore not very well rehearsed when I visited. Finally, I think the hotel would benefit from having another bar area, as there was only really one bar to sit in on the days when it was colder and rainier.

If/when I return to Malta, I would probably stay somewhere else on the island, perhaps Sliema, just for a different experience, but for a first trip I was very happy with my stay at Seabank!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Zoe R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
Paradise Bay Resort Hotel
Hilton Malta
Hilton Malta
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to db Seabank Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!