“Absolutely superb”

db Seabank Resort + Spa
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely lovely, the food is the best that I've ever had on a holiday real top quality food. The pool was really kept clean and there is also an adult only pool, which was really nice. The resort was really nice and the buses there are quick and easy to use and are right outside the hotel which is really convenient. The only thing wrong is that there isn't many shops near the hotel, only having one bar and shop. All the staff are lovely and speak well English, thank you for a really lovely holiday, hope to come again

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank eeell
There are newer reviews for db Seabank Resort + Spa

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

As the title says we r here now on our 2nd of 10 nights stay so far so good the carpets got cleaned today the food is brill and the best thing is no issues with sunbeds its not needed to get up at silly oclock just to get a bed 830 this morning anywhere I wanted including umbrella lives up to our expectations from the reviews food room and pool all fab and our eight year old catered for so we can RELAX !!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stanyer D
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I had an absolutely fantastic stay at the Seabank last month. The food was exquisite, the choice of 5/6 different restaraunts made the experience so much better - I looked forward to each meal in every restaraunt! The pool was great - I was glad that there was a separate pool for over 16's - it meant that there were no annoying kids! The staff were all very friendly and their service was great - all inclusive was a brilliant idea! I'd definitely visit the Seabank again - it was great value for money and whilst it was a bit far away from Valetta, it was not far from the Blue Lagoon or even Meleiha Bay beach!

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the pool - there is a main road which you could be facing on which I i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben H
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We’ve just returned from 10 days at the Seabank hotel. The hotel is very large (something like 500 rooms!) but it does cope with sheer volume of people quite well, there was always sunbeds available and very good service in the restaurants. It does however lack a certain personal touch you get at smaller hotels though.
The pools are great, our kids loved both the small kids pool and the larger main pool. We never got a chance to try out the over 16’s pool but that looked like a great idea (we just have to wait 13 years!)
There was also an indoor pool right beside the outdoor pools which was great if you wanted to get out the midday sun.
The bar staff are great and you never had to wait long for a drink. My only grumble is the fact during the day you are given your drinks in childlike plastic beakers. I understand & respect the need for plastic around the pool but I’m sure you can get more realistic looking plastic glasses for beer & alcohol drinks. The one beer ‘Calsberg’ was unfortunately disappointing but this seems to be par for the course when it comes to ‘All-Inclusive’. After a few days I would have gladly paid for a decent pint! The cocktails were great however.
The food was fantastic. With the chance to book other restaurants away from the standard buffet it never got boring (one of my major bugbears with all-inclusive).
There is a great little indoor play area for the kids which my kids loved, ball pits and slides etc… The kid’s entertainment team did the best they could but our 5 year old found it all a little chaotic. With so many children the Animation girls struggled to keep track of all the children. After one activity our little girl wondered back to us not knowing what was going on. I’m just glad she knew where we were. The kids loved the Mini-disco and the kids pool games the best.
The small beach across the road is very nice but it does get very crowded. There didn’t seem a lot to do around the area of the hotel but that suited us fine as there was enough to do inside the hotel.
We did have a few problems however that did slightly sour our stay. I had requested a pool side room but was put in room 6424 which was quite a trek away from reception and overlooked a busy road and not very nice wasteland! I was told at the time of booking there was no guarantee so no grumble there but we did book it 7 months previous. When I went down to reception I was told there were no pool or seaview rooms available. We were a little disappointed but this is the gamble you take. The next day though I saw sign offering room upgrades to pool side for an additional cost, that felt a little bit like they were holding back the good rooms for people who are willing to pay!
The other problem was more serious. About a week into the stay a bad sewer smell started to emanate in and around our bathroom. The room next door had a similar problem. I reported it to reception but it continued the next day. When I re-reported it they didn’t seem to know anything about it. On the third day I threw up quite a stink (pardon the pun) down at reception and was told the maintenance manager was away the previous days and will look into it today. It was gone that afternoon but it did slightly return on our last day. Being that the room was did not have a good view and smelt bad it wasn’t somewhere we could relax in which is something we like to do as a family.
The last thing I would say is that is something the hotel can probably do nothing about (but I’d like to see them try at least) are the fly’s and the wasps. There was no way you could eat or drink outside without having to continually to swat them away. My daughter was stung. I guess it’s all the unattended fizzy drinks around the pool.

Room Tip: Pool or Seaview are best. Avoid inland view.
3  Thank John M
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We have just come back from this hotel. The hotel is right on the seafront, It has 2 pools and plenty of sunbeds and shades. The main area of the pool is large and only about 4ft deep. This did get a bit full and busy being school holidays. There is also an over 16 section next to it with its own bar and is much better. Its policed to stop any children entering not a problem with English family's but the locals who can buy a day pass can be a pain and keep the pool man on his toes!! The bar staff work very hard and are very helpful, nothing is to much trouble and they move any queue along smartly. The restaurant's offer a great choice for all the family and there are also 3 others you can pre book. The animation team offer a full programme all day and have great shows in the evening in "the dome" All in all a good family hotel which we would return to. My only down side would be that I think the pool area and toilet's in reception could do with being much cleaner. The pool area I never saw being washed down or cleaned down which did add to the fly's.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view or pool view. Inland view looks over waste land.
2  Thank sueleanor80
Reviewed 3 August 2014

just returned from seabank after one week holiday with our grandchildren we would like to thank all the staff at the seabank. Special thanks to Zara our maid and Salome in the breakfast and lunch buffet who cooked the fish to perfection. Stefan who is a lovely interesting young man from bosnia Also Michael the buffet greeter who never stops working is a hidden gem, Well done to you all MANY THANKS

2  Thank FrankandBoss
Victoria D, Manager at db Seabank Resort + Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear FrankandBoss,

On behalf of all the Seabank team, I would like to thank you for your five star review. We are glad you enjoyed your one week family stay in our hotel and that you appreciated the food. All our staff will certainly be grateful about your praise especially the ones you have kindly named.

Whilst looking forward to welcoming you back, feel free to contact us beforehand with any requests you may have.

Always Welcome,

Victoria Debono

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed at the Seabank all-inclusive resort in July. This was the second time we've stayed at the Seabank and we had a fantastic time - resort is superb. A great choice of restaurants catering for all tastes. Staff are very friendly and helpful throughout the hotel. There are also staff permanently in the reception area who can help you with trips if you want to be more adventurous, and there's also a shuttle service available which takes you to various locations around the island.
Very clean and spacious rooms - we had neighbouring rooms with the kids staying next door. Had a great view over the pool and sun terraces. Pools are great - main one is for families and kids, and there's a quieter pool and sun area for adults only just behind, which is a great idea. We had no problems getting a sun lounger, even later in the day as there are so many of them.
The hotel is directly opposite the beach, so if you have kids who enjoy building sandcastles and swimming in the sea, it's a perfect setting.
There's a kids club for children run by the Animation team, who are very enthusiastic and are great fun. Some of the team run activities during the day for adults, such as archery, aqua-aerobics, shooting and various other stuff. They also run a kids disco in the evening, followed by evening entertainment for the adults, usually a show involving singing and dancing, which is pretty good.
And finally, there's a spa in the hotel if you want to be pampered, and a well-stocked shop on the lower floor. We'd definitely recommend this hotel and will be going back again.

8  Thank John T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Malta Golden Sands
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's
Solana Hotel and Spa
Solana Hotel and Spa
#3 of 12 in Mellieha

Been to db Seabank Resort + Spa? Share your experiences!