This hotel is excellent if you want a quiet relaxing holiday with friendly staff and good standard of accommodation. The pools are adequate and clean but can get crowded at times through the day. The pool bar at ground level has a good choice of drinks and always a warm welcome from Manuella and Claudio who man the bar most days. Manuella cannot do enough for all the guests around the pool she will go round and ask “do you need anything?” then bring it to you without any problem, and is a real asset to the hotel on a customer service level. This is the first time we have ever seen this dedication to a job any where we have stayed! Dado is also an excellent bar tender and can be found in the lobby bar on some evenings, the roof bar and also the restaurants on other evenings again a real asset to the hotel. The reception bar has entertainers on through the week mainly playing their own interpretations on classic popular music tracks, very relaxing and entertaining. The cost of drinks are reasonable and to measure as at home so don’t expect the old free poured measures of old. Rooms are clean and towels changed every day. Excellent comfortable beds are provided with quilt and sheets. The air conditioning we felt is not up to standard and sometimes the room could be very uncomfortable at night but saying this; the temperature was 47 degrees outside through the day and averaged 29-33 degrees at night on our stay. Hotel reception staff was more than helpful and very pleasant to deal with. I had two problems on arrival both these issues were put right the same day without any issue. Overall we felt this hotel was of good standard and would recommend as a good place to stay. Local eating was excellent and a good choice of places to pick from. The hill top restaurant was we felt the best quality but closely followed by Ta’ Randi, Escargots, la rumba just to name a few. Bus service was also excellent if a bit crowded but very reasonable in cost. 2.20 Euros for a one way ticket, 6.00 Euro for a day saver or 12.00 Euro for a weekly pass. Valletta was 1 hour away via air conditioned bus but this can get packed and you may end up standing be prepared.
Pay a visit to the air raid shelters not 200 meters from the hotel also the church and the sanctuary of of our lady of the grotto exactly opposite the door of the air raid shelters across the road. Quiet location but well within reach of all the islands attractions well recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Maritim Antonine Hotel and Spa, a supreme 4 star hotel, perched on a perfect spot overlooking the terraced hillsides, from which one can enjoy breathtaking panoramic views and unwind for a few days in luxury.Here at the Maritim we provide the best services for the best price in Malta. That’s our guarantee.The Maritim is nestled in the small picturesque town of Mellieha and is a sumptuous retreat for the business traveller, or a luxurious indulgence if you want to spoil yourself or a loved one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, Priceline, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotelopia, Lastminute, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Antonine Hotel And Spa
- Maritim Antonine Hotel Mellieha
- Maritim Antonine Resort
- Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa Malta/Mellieha