Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa
US$144
US$327
US$306
  • Pool
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$122
US$198
US$341
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$159
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,848 results
All reviewsgarden poolunderground tunnelal pontevillage viewles jardinsrooftop restaurantcocktail barmain buildingthe bussmall carcomfort roompizza restaurantreception staffsauna and steam roomlovely hotelbuffet dinnerhotel bar
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a really enjoyable stay here. The only couple of things to watch out for. After I booked I emailed reservations to ask for a double bed instead of two twin beds and received an email back saying that this request would be accommodate for. I took this to mean tes as it didn't say they would attempt to give us a double room but that they would. When we got to our room it was just two twin beds with single linen on pushed together. I called receptio who were very nice and said they would call reservations to try and get us a double room. They called and said they could zip the beds together?! When house keeping came to do this they said these couldn't be zipped together. Eventually we got moved to a double room even though i'd been told about five time that there weren't any. The staff on reception were polite however the guy i spoke to on the phone from reservations was rude and unhelpful. Once in pour room it was clean and comfortable and very good value for money.
The other thing I was a bit annoyed by was one of the bar staff in the main bar by reception. He was an Irish guy who was so miserable and when we got there at 10.30pm he had already started packing up. He moaned everytime someone came in for a drink as he just wanted to close up early.
The pool on the roof is good, there were plenty of beds. The breakfast was OK, nothing special but does the job. The walk down to the beach takes about 10 mins down quite a steep hill so not a great walk back and although there are quite a few buses they are frequently full and so don't even stop.
Over all however a pretty good hotel at a good price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building however don't expect requests to definitely be fullfilled.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just returned from a week in the maritim , we booked this hotel in February and had asked for a quiet room with a good view preferable with balcony, we arrive late on Saturday night and we were booked into room 302 which was confusing on its own just trying to find it, up in one lift one floor then down the damp smelling tunnel than many others have mentioned then into another lift up three floors and eventually found it, remember that we had asked for a good view, well our view was of a brick wall!!!. The room was very dark as there was very little natural light getting in so the lights were on all the time. The room itself was well finished with a bathroom and another sm. toilet , tea & coffee facilities ect. We then realised there was only one plug socket in the hold room !! Remember this is a 4 star hotel !!! So if you charging your phone or making tea everything had to be done in intervals. Also the fridge in our room didn't work, complained to the front desk but nothing was done about it. Outside of the room the hotel was lovely and the food was great, we were there half board , the breakfast were good and the evening meal were brilliant with good variety every night was different, ie italian, Maltese, Spanish ect. Really good food. The pools and sun beds were plentiful and no problem getting one. On a whole if you stay at this hotel make sure you get a room with a balcony !!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I would choose this hotel again despite its foibles, if only for its location alone. Perfectly positioned at the top of the road down to Mellieha Bay or at the bottom of the main street through Mellieha town (depends on how you look at it, Mellieha afterall is on an elevated position overlooking the sea). It is so close to everything and yet far enough from the sunburnt crowd along the beach. We stayed here for 8 nights, 4 people in 2 rooms, on the 6th floor of the main building - nice view of the sea and cliffs from our balcony, looking down on to the hotel pool (this is the 'quiet' eastern facing side). Not familiar with the quality of other hotels in Malta, this hotel suited our needs: nice staff, always friendly and obliging, the rooms have ample space, there are 3 lifts working in good order, lots of reliable hot water, big beds (though a tad on the soft side) with lovely plump pillows (perfect actually, don't you just hate super soft pillows which give you a neck ache at the end of the night?), supercool air conditioning, generous breakfast buffet (so much choice! After 8 days however, bread and butter would have suited me...), free wifi (frustratingly slow in the higher floors but OK in the lobby and restaurant), and oh, the most well-equipped hotel gym i've ever been to (more on this later). The restaurants associated with the hotel are great, we found lots of excuses to drop by Al Ponte almost everyday even just for a pizza or a cup of coffee and one of their scrumptious desserts (love the profiteroles!) or for a gelato after dinner. The cocktail bar in the lobby is such a welcoming space in the afternoon just to relax while we negotiate which of the many excellent restaurants along the main street we will dine for the night. I got hooked on the Bermuda Shorts (6 euros), just watching the barman prepare it was a delight. The al fresco BayBliss restaurant on the rooftop is absolutely the best place for dinner - sipping a lovely glass of wine while waiting for our order of ever so tasty Thai dishes as we watch the sunset change the colour of the buildings into various hues of red then to purple must be one of my favourite memories of Mellieha. And the prices were not that bad either!

My only gripe of this place is the fact that the gym does not open till 9am, whhhaaatt? Who goes to the gym this late in the morning when at this time most guests would already be done with breakfast and away on their activities, be it sightseeing, diving etc?? As an early morning gym person I had a rather traumatic experience on our first day when without checking the opening hours and assuming that it is like other hotels, I went down to the gym (which is located in the basement) at 6am. I came out of the lift into complete darkness, the gym was closed, no lights, the lift doors closed behind me and suddenly it was pitch black, i couldn't find the lift buttons again, OMG it was soooo dark, now i know what it's like to be blind. Tried not to panic. Must have spent more than 5 minutes feeling the walls around looking for the lift button. Then sometime later the lift came down again and the door opened and it was my friend! He wanted to go to the gym too! Oh what a relief, he was my hero, we jammed the lift door with a water bottle so we could see where the gym entrance was to check opening hours, no info so we went back up to the lobby and asked. It really didn't make sense at all, all good hotels we've been to had gyms which opened either 24-hours or early. Having said that when we finally made it to the gym (before dinner, such a hard choice to make, cocktails or a work out?), the place was impressive, so many machines and equipment, all in good condition, you could spend hours down there and not have to do the same set twice. By the way ladies, this is still a man's gym, the free weights are ginormous, and i had to stand on the seat just to pull the bar down for the lat pulldown! Not too worry though, there's 5 treadmills, 3 bikes, 2 cross-trainers, 2 stepping thingos, 3 rowers etc, you'll be spoiled for choice. For a holiday hotel like this (where lazing around the pool is de rigeur) having such a well equipped gym is most commendable and yet, it opens so late in the morning!!!

All in all, I think this is a very good hotel in this part of Malta. Apart from the strange opening hours of the gym and the quirky lifts (could never remember that the Ground Floor is on Level 3!), if we ever come back to Malta, we'd definitely stay in Mellieha again, and choose this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the main building facing the pool it has a nice view of the sea and houses on the cliff across. Room 652 is the roomiest on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

For a 4 star hotel this hotel had everything. Garden view room which was kept clean at all times. Lovely 2 pools, 2 good restaurants and 2 very good bars. Staff very friendly, yet very well drilled, and the hotel manager approaching us and asking if he could do anything for us was appreciated. Will surely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alla M
MaritimMalta, Guest Relations Manager at Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and warranting us with your 5 Star rating. Every little helps as they say.

We wish you a wonderful Christmas and look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back with us in the near future, should you choose to book again.

Till next time.

Warmest regards
Nadine Mohr
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Please read all has average could of easily been very good.
Check in was good no issues, we had a deluxe garden view room which i thought was ok, but could of done with a few more hangers and a bit more storage space. Kept clean at all times.
In my opinion breakfast was below average, weak dilute juice, toaster that took in excess of 5 minutes to toast, which then came out hard, and bacon that i would not like to describe.
Evening meals were very good and plenty of choice, I am a fussy eater but still managed to eat something 7 out of the 8 nights we ate in there and missed once to eat somewhere else, due to not liking what was on offer, (used master wok 330 yards up the hill on the same side, Chinese meal was excellent & reasonably priced, 36 euro for starter and main and drinks)
Bars in the hotel were adequate and the prices were reasonable,entertainment on every night and service from all staff was excellent.
My main moan is what appears to have already been said, we were going to eat in the Al Ponte restaurant as we had read on the website & and also in the hotel booklet that if we were Half Board, we could eat in there with a discount, I enquired and the chap at reception stated we could if we booked the previous day, but would only get a 8 euro per person reduction, (which i thought was a bit mean as they were charging nearly 14 euros in Les Jardins). The following morning i thought i would go and book, but the lady in reception told me that it was not available any-more and it was wrong what had been printed (I can only assume this is what they are told to say by the Management) because I thought what a load of rubbish, but like an old fool I could not be bothered to argue, but what i would like to say, I personally believe in honesty and I can only assume if the hotel cant adhere to what it says in its write up what else are they willing to try and get out of.
The hotel had 2 outdoor pools and both were clean and had plenty of beds, even though towels were left on for nearly 3 hours unattended, just to be ignored by security.
The hotel is on a steep hill, so anybody who has walking difficulties might struggle but there is a bus stop within 50 yards and if used efficiently makes life easier (a bus ticket only costs 1.50 euro for all day or 6.50 for all week), don't moan about reception staff, for wrong or no bus numbers use the tourist information office just over the road, Karen could not do enough for us, and the same goes for Rita at Supreme travel right next to the hotel.
Valletta is worth a visit but you will need 2 days, (5D experience was worth the 9 euros, St Johns Cathedral) and plenty of heritage places but do your home work as we found that we should have bought the complete pass ticket as there are plenty of places all over the island,
Mosta dome is worth a visit, Gozzo site tour was adequate, and the boat trip to Comino and the Blue Lagoon was worth the 10 euro return but be aware the cave trip they promise you is not available till after 12.30pm
Would I return to Malta, probably yes but not for a while. Would i return to the Maritim, I would have to sit on the fence because as I stated I do like honesty and I felt it was not there, AND FOR THIS I CAN ONLY BLAME THE MANAGEMENT.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms with a garden view were very good but like anything decent it comes at a premium. Air con was very good, and water was hot and pressure was brilliant.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple