“Not sure what it was but it wasn't beef!”
Review of Maya Beach

Maya Beach
Ranked #59 of 112 Restaurants in Mellieha
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Maya Beach is a neat place to dine around serving breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner from salads to pasta, pizza, grills and all your favourite dishes. Whether you are looking for a top Margarita, a magnificent Mojito or the quintessential Daiquiris – There is a bartender waiting for you at our cocktail bar to mix it all up for you to enjoy! Maya Beach is increasing its popularity as an ideal scene for Hen Parties, Birthday Parties and Weddings. Apart from the magnificent outdoor terrace extending out right to the shore, Maya beach also offers an indoor space for all those looking for a more intimate setting! This is not all though! For all those who would rather party all night the space may be transformed into a magnificent dance floor in an instant! So if you are organizing an event Maya Beach is the perfect venue for you!
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Beautiful location but that really is it!

I visted there one evening during a 12 night solo break to malta.. I have visted the island several times & previously walked past on my way to another restaurant or on the way back from the beach so I thought I would give it a try.

First off I was questioned as to why I was dining alone & was made to feel very uncomfortable by one of the staff who said that he would "find me a maltsese boyfriend" , I was then seated at the far side of the restaurant & ignored for the next 10 mins.

Eventually I was able to order... & chose a blue cheese burger which is a favorite normally... It was disgusting.. the bun was grilled to within an inch of its life with a hunk of cheese plonked on the top of some grey slab of god know what?

Truely horrible!!!!

Visited

1  Thank Ollie72S

Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

Called in for a beer on the way back from the beach. Ordered the local beer 'cisk'. But we were served something else. Great location. Surly staff. And no paper in the toilets-there were 4 stalls. No paper in any of them. Lacklustre and shoddy. Well located bar. Ruined by a basic disregard for customer comfort. And beer more expensive than on the main street in Valletta. A real 'clip joint'. Don't bother.

3  Thank Tom G
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Family of four. Ordered three burgers and one pizza. The pizza was eatable, but the burgers certainly were not. The consistency of the meat was very odd, the burger was bland - not at all a good experience.

Visiting the toilets I almost got sick - looked as if they hadn't been cleaned for the last 6 months.

Absolutely not a place where I want to go ever again.

3  Thank Nette S
Reviewed 14 October 2013

one of the best places view wise to sit in the bay, but the service for us was appalling, having sat down for a late afternoon drink(we were thinking of a having a meal later in the evening but that changed very quickly) we were ignored for 15 mins we noted a couple of women who arrived 5 mins after us soon get the attention of a waiter who was happy to chat to them and chat about menu, eventually I had to stop a waiter who took my order(he would have walked past again) we then waited a further 12/15 mins and was about to walk out(noting the ladies food had arrived with there drinks) when our drinks arrived, it would appear that there was only 2/3 men working on the large area but a little courtesy and acknowledgement if they were busy would have been appreciated, I got the feeling they were selective in there service.
shame as it's a great location but the service here will soon turn people away. I rarely say this on reviews but.. avoid this place!

3  Thank stevebillericay
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Very nice area around the bay food is good and service is superb very welcoming and very romantic in the evening we recommend a lot this place for young couples or to have a relax drink