Solana Hotel and Spa
Luna Holiday Complex(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$60
  • Restaurant
Maritim Antonine Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$79
Priceline
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Pergola Hotel & Spa(Mellieha)(Great Value!)
US$1,281
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Panorama Hotel(Mellieha)
2,323 results
All reviewstosca restaurantthe busrooftop poolself cateringwelcome drinksister hotelhalf boardlovely hotelstudio roomsteep hillsmall balconybreakfast and dinnerhotel is situatedgreat holidayenjoyable staylovely roombusy road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Just returned from Solana Hotel having spent 3 nights there for my husband's birthday. We booked the package with Easyjet and it was all excellent from the flight to the taxi pick up;all very smooth.
The staff were very welcoming even though initially our booking couldn't be found! We were given a welcoming drink which was most appreciated and then the young man at the desk proceeded to give us all the information we needed to get the most out of our stay; including bus routes and restaurant recommendations, which I have to say were excellent.
Our room was in the new part of the hotel and so quite a walk from the reception and 2 lift journeys as the hotel is on a steep hill but this didn't matter and was quite fun to explore the other floors;including an outdoor pool and terrace, indoor pool and spa.
The room was adequate for the weekend, very clean with a small balcony. Plenty of storage and a safe (deposit needed). Tea and coffee making facilities but these were not topped up during our stay....we just bought some milk, sugar and tea bags from the local supermarket. Reception did order more powdered milk on request but had to wait for room service to put it in room..ie we were not given it when we asked.
The floor was very cold in our room as made of marble type tiles....I would take slipper socks or something next time. In fact the room was cold per se but then the weather was on the cold side for February.
The bathroom was well equipped including an extendable clothes line over the bath which was useful for wet costumes. The shower was a little unreliable in that it "ebbed and flowed" and alarmingly would be boiling for a second then freezing........I certainly wouldn't shower a child for example.
We used the pool once(towels have to be paid for plus a deposit); lovely and warm in there but changing room was the shower so difficult to know where to put your clothes etc..............also characteristic "damp" smell pervaded the area around the spa and pool....in fact you could detect it when entering the hotel but we are used to that from many greek holidays!
The buffet breakfasts and dinners were fab; excellent choice plenty of tables, cutlery and crockery..every need and taste catered for including omelettes to order and waffles!!
The staff everywhere were lovely just one chap at the bar on Sunday evening was a bit grumpy when we asked for a decaffeinated coffee which was a shame as everyone else from the management to the cleaners were so friendly.
All in all a lovely hotel and we would highly recommend it for the staff, service and position.....if you prefer a quiet spot but convenient for buses.
We will return.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife and I, well travelled and used to luxury, booked a 3 week holiday at the Solana, Mellieha, and self catered because although Malta is full of good restaurants, the hotel's Tosca restaurant included, there are also delicious delicacies to enjoy at home, and Maltese wine is excellent. The room was larger than most suites and had a wonderful balcony which provided views across the sea past Comino to Gozo. The Tosca restaurant was good although we often dined in our wonderfully equipped suite. What made the stay so special for us was the friendly professional and good-natured way in which all the hotel staff went out of their way to ensure that all our requirements were fulfilled. As other reviewers have mentioned our room was cleaned on a daily basis, was spotlessly clean, and sheets always fresh. Wifi is free to residents in the lounge, where superb italian coffee menu is served in style, as are fine pastries and, in the evening, cocktails sometimes to live chillout guitar. I would unhesitatingly recommend this hotel, fully deserving of its 4 stars. We, Robert and Caren, look forward to returning and would like to send our thanks to all who made our stay so special. One of the reasons Malta is such a joy to visit is because of just how lovely the Maltese and Gozitan people are towards tourists fron the UK and nowhere is this better demonstrated than at the Solana.

2  Thank Prorecordist
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Not long since returned from 14nts at the Solana, first week was spent diving using a dive centre in Buggiba ( I am a regular visitor) second week I was joined by my partner (she doesn't dive) so we used Mellieha as abase to visit everywhere!!.
Been to Malta quite a few times and stayed in some hotels pretending to be 4 star, however the Solana for me was the best I have stayed in so far.
The Staff are always smiling and happy to help with any questions / issues, nothing is too much trouble.
My room was spotless and shiny and even had my own little kitchen which looked like a wardrobe until I opened it. I was looking out over the rear of the hotel, so I was not affected by the noise of traffic running through the village. This is due to the major road works on the road that by- passes the Village, having only one lane and one directional traffic up the hill from the bay. I was over last October and there appears to be slow progress, so I imagine the diversion will be in place for some time. There seems to be a major road improvements all over the island, much needed !!
So avoid a room at the front if you are a light sleeper. Given the ethos of the staff they will try their best to accommodate you if there is spare capacity. We stayed on half board the food I found was well cooked and very tasty although I thought the menu was a little repetitive after two weeks. The Chef was eager to please and made it his business to ensure his guests were catered for, again nothing was too much trouble in my view great customer service, I am eating salads now in February !!. My partner who has to be the worlds fussiest eater found the food acceptable and is also eating salads.! We ate in hotel every evening.
The village itself is very quiet in comparison to qawra, buggiba and St Pauls Bay, however there is a good selection of eateries and places to have a beer. I found the bar owner at reflections very accommodating ensuring sky sports was on and I had a table in front of the screen to watch my home rugby team....sale, they lost but the Guiness was good!!
For a peaceful break I would recommend. Given that it was winter the weather was quite good although at times the wind was cold.
On a further Winter trip I would definitely stay again.

Thank you to the Staff at Solana, very friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear of the hotel if you are a light sleeper.
4  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Had a wonderful trip to Malta in December. Loved the island, loved the people and loved the Solana Hotel Mellieha
The hotel was very clean and all the staff were very helpful.All the guests had a welcome drink on arrival and were invited to a finger buffet on the last evening of their holiday. We had a room at the front of the building but the noise of the traffic did not bother us.The pool and gym are available for the energetic and the jacuzzi if you wish to relax. Also a Beauty Salon if you like to be pampered.
Across the road there are two bakeries and an excellent supermarket.
The bus stop is nearby and we bought a weekly ticket and travelled around all of the island.
You can also catch the bus to the ferry terminal and take a trip to Gozo.
First class hotel, would recommend to anyone thinking about spending time in Malta.
B&D

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ElizabethG834
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My girlfriend and I have only spent one day at this splendid hotel but was enough to convince us to go again and again and again!!All I can say is that we were so very proud of everything regarding the room we were given which is equipped with, I can say, everything. Customer support is very well done and you get 100% satisfaction of all things you use like the pool, jacuzzi and even the gym altough it lacks a bit of space but is still satisfactory. Food is also extremely delicious. We would recommend this 4 star hotel to anyone who is looking for a decent hotel which gives its clients the most appropriate needs.

Room Tip: all rooms are very good :)
4  Thank svetlana v