“Rudi & Sandra De Villiers”

Solana Hotel and Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Mellieha
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Our Solana experience was absolutely amazing, staff, cleanliness & customer service were exceptional, would like to thank all the staff for a wonderful holiday. There is a bus stop across the road & at Euro 12- per week you can travel the island by day & night - bargain. This was our first visit to Malta & certainly won't be our last, the Maltese are the most friendly & helpful people I have ever met. Thank you Solana staff for making our holiday the best ever.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the back & therefore had a balcony which was lovely, there is also a penthou...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SolanaHotel, Manager at Solana Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Guest,

It is an absolute pleasure to read your wonderful review; thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor!

Our Team is delighted to have played such a prominent role in your ‘best holiday ever’ and hope to welcome you back to Malta and the Solana Hotel & Spa, anytime soon!

Solana Hotel & Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (2,322)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Solana is a very good hotel with friendly helpful staff. Our room was spacious and clean with a nice balcony. The fridge in the room is a real bonus. The buffet restaurant provided a good range of tasty food to suit all diets. Staff were excellent and a visit from the chef to introduce himself was.a nice touch. Good,entertainment was provided most evenings along with a special drink promotion. The hotel is on a steep slope and not suitable for anyone with mobility issues but the local bus stops just outside. I did not use the Spa but my friend was not very Impressed. I visited the beauty salon next door for a pedicure. Very relaxing and the lovely Maria was a pleasure to chat to.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your holiday experience with us at the Solana Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.

We are very pleased to read that you’ve had an enjoyable stay and that you were happy with the level of service and our Team.

We hope that your future holiday plans will bring you back to Malta and the Solana Hotel & Spa, very soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I was staying at Solana Hotel, Mellieha from 4 to 8 November (it was my 3 rd time as I love this hotel) and I left my home keys, a gold ring and a necklace. Once back home I realized that I left all my stuff there. Mrs ARIANA ABEL, a very nice and honest receptionist was trying to get in contact with me to let me know that she found everyithing but unfortunately I hadn't check my husband's mail.This morning when I called the hotel I was so surprised when I heard it, i couldn't beleive! This is a great example of customer service and honesty... thanks a million Ariana!

Room Tip: Any room, the hotel is wonderful!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

All of us here at the Solana Hotel & Spa are delighted at receiving your overwhelming feedback on TripAdvisor!

It indeed gives us great pleasure in learning that you enjoyed our renowned hospitality. Thank you also for highlighting the excellent Customer Service skills of our outstanding colleague Ariana and for validating all our efforts in ensuring your stay remains a memorable one.

We very much hope we will welcome you back to the Solana Hotel & Spa in the near future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Friendly and polite helpful staff, clean hotel, fresh towels every day, good food both cooked and cold buffet - always well stocked.

We booked half board which is breakfast and evening meal. The hotel is 20 minute walk down to the lovely beach, 5 minute by bus. Be warned its a stiff walk back up the hill to the hotel.

Both in-door and roof top pools very clean, in-door is heated and roof top pool has a fab view, Spa gives good massages.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel and probably return if I visited Malta again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back seem quieter although not much of a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to learn of your excellent vacation at the Solana Hotel & Spa and that you do not hesitate in recommending our hotel to our esteemed prospective guests.

While we trust we will have a future opportunity where to welcome you back on board, we remain

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from staying at the Solana hotel, we were self catering but the hotel is great, well done to the wife for this holiday booking, the pool is on the top of the hotel with fantastic views.
The staff are very polite & courteous
Sta

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Granty29

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at the Solana Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor!

It is the Team’s pride and joy to deliver the best of hospitality service to our esteemed customers and receiving such wonderful feedback makes our job even more rewarding!

We hope you & your wife will keep on enjoying the Maltese Islands and we will be most honoured in hosting you once again upon your return.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

What a find!From the reception staff to the cleaners,waitresses and bar area,I was impressed by all.Having booked half board,we were happy with the choice every evening,but most of all by the fact that one could dine at their Tosca restaurant in the hotel or at their sister hotel's restaurant Da Ciccia,down the road,where food was of high quality and quantity!Both with an Italian twist.
The room I had was amazing,and having made a request to be away from the road as I am a light sleeper,I got one on the pool level on the uppermost floor facing the sea.Views quite breathtaking.Also found beautifull beaches at Golden Bay and in the other direction at Armier Bay.
I truly recommend this hotel,as they cannot do enough for you.I will definetely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

You have really and truly made our day with your “impressive” review! We are pleased that our Team’s combined efforts, together with the amazing room allocated and our various Food & Beverage offerings, rendered your stay into a pleasurable one.

We are so very happy to hear that you will not hesitate in staying with us again during future holidays in Malta and till we meet again, we remain

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 7 November 2013

we ve just arrived home from the Solana Hotel in malta, as a family of 5 we all had a great time, this hotel was so clean and maids in everyday with fresh towels and a very high standard of cleaning. Food was excellent with many choices, staff friendly and always happy to help. Slight problem with swipe keys appearing not to work at times but easily sorted. The 2 pools/jacuzzi/gym were all immaculate all of the time, and the 2 lifts were very quick!!..Many thanks to all and we will be returning as we visit Malta at least yearly.

Room Tip: Our room was 3 rd floor at the front..no noise problem and sunny room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie F

Dear Guest,

It is truly gratifying to read that you have enjoyed your holiday at the Solana Hotel & Spa!

We wish to also thank you for your kind comments on our facilities, the service and friendliness of our Team, the high standard of cleaning and on our Food & Beverage offering.

The entire Solana Team is looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to Malta and the Solana Hotel & Spa in the future!

Solana Hotel & Spa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mellieha
Pergola Hotel & Spa
#8 of 12 in Mellieha
Hilton Malta
Hilton Malta
#3 of 33 in Saint Julian's

Been to Solana Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!