“Very friendly”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Very friendly restaurant with excellent service. Very reasonable prices and given discount for next visit. Well presented food.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Once we discovered the ta pawlu we went there another three or four times before the end of our holiday the food is gorgeous the staff while being attentive and friendly dont intrude on your night. The fresh fish is cooked to perfection and the chicken pancake with a hint of curry is fantastic . Totally relaxed atmosphere never felt rushed altogether a fantastic place to be.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

6 of us ate in this restaurant, sitting outside close to the harbour. We all enjoyed our meals which ranged from one of us having a starter only, to pasta to fresh fish. The food was really well cooked, the salmon grilled with yogurt was so tender, the chicken with parma ham and mozzarella really well cooked and the quail with a great sauce. We also received advice on wine which was very reasonably priced. We were then given a 10% discount on our next meal when given the bill, so we will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 19 June 2011

It is the best resturant I have ever been to. I always make a trip there to enjoy the beautiful local food. The owner takes pride in all his dishes.

Reviewed 20 February 2011

Ta Pawlu is by far the best restaurant I have ever eaten in. Whilst on holiday in Mgarr last summer, we came across the restaurant by chance on the second night. It was fantastic and we subsequently ate there almost every night of the holiday.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The service was unintrusive yet attentive. The setting was peaceful and very romantic and the food was exceptionally delicious and very fresh. Most notable being the Tuna Steak, which was the nicest fish I have ever tasted!

The place is very simplistic but is spot on. I am considering returning to Mgarr this year just to eat at Ta Pawlu, it really is that amazing! I was suprised to see that the restaurant does not have more publicity, it is a very humble place.

If you ever find yourself in this part of the world I cannot stress enough that you MUST eat here, I promise you will not be disappointed.

4  Thank Kingdoey88