“Excellent service and location. Food a bit dull.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Ta' Cenc

Hotel Ta' Cenc
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sannat
Staffordshire
“Excellent service and location. Food a bit dull.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week on a walking holiday using buses to get about Gozo - very efficient. The hotel is lovely in a beautiful location with superb staff. The food in the restaurant we found a bit dull - we had booked half board. Perhaps better to mix and match with taxis into Victoria to eat there in the evenings. Minor room problems sorted out immediately.
It is easy to understand some of the negative reviews posted. In February it was a haven of peace and quiet but in peak season children running round would not appeal to all some guests.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LesStaffordshire
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Dear Guest,
I wish to thank you very much for your kind comments on Trip Advisor . You are helping us to improve our services and I will assure you that I will follow your suggestions. For all of us it was a pleasure to welcome you at Ta Cenc and we sincerely hope to have the same pleasure again.
All my best and thanks again.
general manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location set back from beautiful cliffs. it is well run and the staff are very friendly and helpful. Both the owner and the manager were in evidence and the manager waved us of as we left at the end of our stay. The rooms were well furnished and of ample size with a personal terrace. The breakfast was excellent. The only disappointment was the evening meal on our first night which was bland and unimaginative. We ate out in the evenings after that. Overall I can highly recommend this hotel and I would be happy to go back there.

Room Tip: The rooms around the pool have better views than some others.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ruth E
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Sir,
I wish to thank you very much for your comments on Trip Advisor.
The comments of our dear Customers will help us to improve our services , and all you have written is really useful to me. About the dinner in our Restaurant I am going to have a meeting with our Executive Chef and I will read him your comments.
Again thank you very much and sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again.
Very faithfully yours.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

Our family (2 adults, a boy of 4 years and a girl of 9 months) stayed at Ta Cenc Hotel & Spa for 4 nights in February 2014. This was a most enjoyable stay for the beauty of the location but most of all for the service which we received from all staff. Travelling with 2 children is quite a tough task but the hotel staff was always ready to help and always with a smile! A special mention goes to the General Manager, Mr. Rota, who seemed to be present at the hotel all the time, greeting guests, offering assistance and simply making us feel at home!

Well done for a great service!

Room Tip: We had room 109, a very good room for families since it is split into 2 separate bedrooms.
1 Thank trevornau
Dear Mr. Naudi,
I sincerely wish to thank you so much for all you have written to Trip Advisor about Ta Çenc.
Comments like yours help us to improve the quality of our services and pampering more and more our Customers.
It was a real personal and professional pleasure for my Staff, Management and myself to welcome you and your wonderful family and I really hope to have the same pleasure again and soon.
Best regards to you, your dearest wife and a big kiss to the unique and fabulous children
Italico Rota,
Naxxar, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is in a gorgeous location with gorgeous surroundings. The hotel itself however needs a make over. Its is tired and outdated. The pool area at the spa had rusty handrails and the plastic curtains that lead from the indoor pool to the outdoor pool were brown and dirty. The rooms had broken soffits and one of the lamps had the inner wires exposed. This is just mentioning a few things. The staff are friendly, they do their job and leave you alone which is perfect. I did like the fact that the General Manager took the time to come to the breakfast tables and say hello and introduce himself. I thought it was a great touch.

Another thing which irritated me to no end was the fact that there is NO FREE WIFI in the rooms. You have to pay for the wifi in the room!!!!!! The only free wifi is in the common areas. I thought that was ridiculous for a 5 star hotel.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay but I cannot say I was not disappointed. This hotel needs refurbishing !!! asap.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JBS70
Dear Sir,
this morning I have received your comments on Trip Advisor and I have to thank you for the contents.
As you mentioned, I had the pleasure to come every morning to see you and welcome you during the breakfast , but you never told me about the room and the Spa. Be sure that I have done all my best to follow your instructions asap.

About the WIFI I have reported to my Chairman that he has taken good note.
Also during your stay , I think you have seen our Maintenance men doing a lot of work in the rooms and in the pool. We could not do in the rooms occupied but after the departure of the Customers we have started to follow your instructions.
I sincerely hope you will excuse me and if you will come back again ( and it will be a pleasure for all of us) I will personally take full care of your self.
All my best regards.
Sliema, Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have been to many five star hotels.Never before has the General Manager personally asked all those present everyday at breakfast time whether there was anything he could do for them. Needless to say the staff at the hotel mirrored the attitude of the General Manager.When I am treated like a King nothing else matters too much.

Room Tip: Best if close to reception area
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Mr. Adrian B.
I would like to thanks you 1.000 times for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.
You really make my day and more. Your comments will help me and my Staff to try harder and do better and better, because the satisfaction of our Customers is the goal of our work.
I hope to welcome you again and soon and I must say that : Customers as you make my place.
All the best to you and family and again thanks, thanks and thanks.
italico Rota
Island of Malta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

A very nice and quiet hotel. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and organised. Good parking area for the guests. However the decoration of the room was nothing special. Overall we were very satisfacted with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms. Nicole Green Vella,
I would like sincerely to thank you very much for the lovely comments on Trip Advisor about your stay at TaÇenc.
My Staff and myself we were really happy to be at your services, and, we will wait for the real pleasure to welcome you and again.
About the rooms, I am pleased to inform you that we have already started a full refurbishment of the most part of our rooms, and I am asking you , next time, to call me personally or my Front Office Manager, Mrs. Rose Grima to have the pleasure to give you one of the rooms refurbished.
Please, count on me and everybody here.
All my best greetings.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Our first time at Ta Cenc will certainly not be our last - the layout of the hotel and its great atmosphere. We used all the facilities except the pools - too cold! Our room was modern, well furnished and we loved the under floor heating.The pillows are superior to many an hotel - important for an insomniac.
It was truly fantastic to be greeted by the hotel manager,Mr. Rota, who was the head of a very competent and willing staff - even the maintenance contractors were polite.
The only minor criticism was the lack of WiFi in the bedroom, though this was available in the public areas.
A grat experience.
Jean and Ed.

Dear Mr. Ed W.
Believe me !!! When I read your comments on Trip Advisor I felt the most happy man in the world.
To say " thanks "is not enough and I do not find the words to describe the satisfaction I felt.
It was a personal and professional pleasure to welcome you at Ta Çenc and I hope to welcome you again and soon. You will find me and my Staff waiting for you with a big "smile".
All my best to you and your family.
Italico Rota
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sannat
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 29 in Sliema
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,289 reviews

Been to Hotel Ta' Cenc? Share your experiences!