“Perfect place to relax!”
Review of Hotel Ta' Cenc

Hotel Ta' Cenc
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sannat
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfect place to relax!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have just returned from a week atTa Cenc, staying in Trull 36, which I would highly recommend. It is very quiet and has lovely views .stretching to Comino and Malta.
The food was excellent, great choice and very reasonable. This is a good job because other than one small restaurant in Sannat, there is nowhere else to go!
The restaurant and bar staff were very knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, especially Fernandez and Chris. Reception staff were very efficient, but need to learn how to smile!
The spa was a welcome retreat on the cooler days.
For those wanting to explore, the local buses can take you everywhere for 1 euro 50 cents a day or 6.50 euros a week.
Not 5 star as we know it ( bathroom a bit dated) but it is probably the best on the island.
I will certainly return and for a weeks chill/peace and quiet, you would be hard pushed to find anywhere better.

Room Tip: The trullos give more privacy. 35, 36 132 all look great. the low numbered rooms are nearer the adul...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Madam and dear Sir,
I would like to thank you very much for the kind words you have written to Trip Advisor.
It have been a real pleasure to welcome you at TaÇenc and your comments will help us to do always better and try harder.
My Staff, Management and myself , we hope to have the pleasure to see you again and all our best for the Summer coming.
Sincerely yours
Italico Rota

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Edinburgh, UK
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a wonderful holiday to Malta, where we ended on Gozo. The Ta' Cenc Hotel is a place to go for total relaxation, surrounded by fantastic scenery and to be fed with great food. We were on Half Board which really was excellent value and the set menu was delicious and offered plenty of choice. Staying in a Trullo room offers privacy with plenty of space. The bed is perhaps too soft for most people and the lighting in the lounge area of the room is rather poor and typifies the general 'dated' feel of the hotel. I feel some investment is required to modernise this hotel for it to maintain its deserved 5* rating, though having said that I can see that there are many returning guests who like it just the way it is - a living "Grand Budapest Hotel", so to speak. All the Food & Beverage staff were very friendly, especially George at the bar. The General Manger, Mr Rota, was charming and very helpful. The nearby Ta' Cenc Cliffs are just stunningly beautiful. So is the hotel's own Kantra beach club but there really is no sandy beach.

Room Tip: Trullo room 133 has its sun loungers in a very private corner but it does not get the evening sun.
Dear Madam and dear Sir,
I do not find enough words to thank you very much for your words to Trip Advisor ; it has been very kind of you and such comments will help us to try to do always better for the full satisfaction of our Customers, that is our major goal.
My Staff, Management and myself we sincerely hope to welcome you again, it will be our personal and professional pleasure.
All my sincere best.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We recently got married at the hotel and then stayed there for a few days after and I can honestly say that it was better than we could ever have hoped for. The photos on the website for the wedding venues do not do it justice. It was perfect and the staff went out of their way to ensure everything was just as we asked and better!
The hotel is, and probably always will be, our favourite place to escape to. Shabby chic with a twist! Stunning views. Amazing breakfasts. The best staff. We were greeted every morning by the General Manager who made a real fuss of our little one. Senior Chris and junior Chris were always friendly, polite and professional and made us feel more than welcome. And then there was Antoinette, our chambermaid who couldn't have done any more for us to make sure we had everything we needed for our baby in the room.
I just wish we could stay more often but hope to escape to the wonderful Ta Cenc at least once a year.
Thank you to everyone at the hotel for making our wedding so memorable and our stay so relaxing.
Claire & Alec

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the most stunning trollo which was perfect for us as a family and had the most s...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Madam and dear Sir,
it was a real sincere pleasure, personal and professional, to welcome you at TaÇenc. We would like to thanks a lot for the kind words you have written to Trip Advisor ; your comments made us very happy and help us to try to do even better and better.
All my best to you all and a special hug to your very lovely one.
All my best wishes.
Sussex
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I have lost count of the number of times my husband and I have stayed in this hotel and for me it is like going home.

This time I stayed at Ta Cenc for eight nights with a friend and as usual had requested the room which I think is the best in the hotel. The newly refurbished entrance hall, bathroom and wardrobes really had put the finishing touches to this superb room and the addition of robes and slippers were fantastic for the short walk to the spa. My only slight complaint would be the removal of the hairdryer from the bathroom and inability to borrow one from reception.

From the moment we entered Ta Cenc the welcome and first class service from the familiar faces on reception, in the restaurant, the housekeeping team, the bar staff, the spa staff and the maintenance staff was second to none. The daily conversations with Italico Rota were a pleasure and his kind words and help with our bags on departure will stay with me.

Ta Cenc is described as an "island in an island," which is a very apt description. To return to its tranquility after a day exploring beautiful Gozo is perfect and truly relaxing. It was interesting to see the indoor public rooms being used to a much greater degree than in the summer months and how such a naturally outdoor hotel loses nothing of its uniqueness and charm in the cooler months.

The only problem with staying at Ta Cenc is that the day comes when it is time to leave. It was made slightly easier on this occasion knowing that my next visit for a stay of two weeks was just over five months away! In the meantime I'll have to make do with the view over the gardens to Malta and Comino as my IPAD wallpaper!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
My dear Guests, sincerely I would like to thank you very much about you have written to Trip Advisor.
Such comments help us to do better and better and to try harder because the full satisfaction of our Clients is our major goal.
To welcome you at Ta'Cenc is always a personal and professional pleasure. Believe me !!!!!
Again thanks very much from me and all my Management and Staff.
My most sincere wishes for the coming Festivity of Easter.
I beg to remain, very faithfully yours .
Italico Rota - general manager
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had high expectations at Ta' Cenc but were very disappointed and left after two nights despite the great views - the service was dreadful (apart from George) as the rest didn't seem to care very much. We watched a German lady waiting at the bar for some time whilst the waiter was moving chairs outside but could plainly see her. We waited 20 minutes in the restaurant at night before any staff came.

The restaurant dinner was apalling for a so called 5 star - my wife could not eat her main dish of fish and instead of being sympathetic the maitre d. was getting slightly aggressive - she managed with some of my veal. There was absolutely no apology or any attempt to make amends but I did tell the main desk I would not be paying for my wife's main course.Boiled carrots,boiled potatoes and boiled cauliflower - I was boiling over by this time but it didn't make a scrap of difference. Funeral music in the restaurant contributed to an unexciting and non repeatable occasion.

Lovely pretty flowers growing outside our room but can't believe this is supposed to be one of the best on Gozo - bad attitude, bad service, bad food and definitely not 5 Star - we will not be returning.

4 Thank Stephen F
Salzburg, Austria
Reviewed 10 April 2014

i stayed in ta cenc for a week ,it was absolutly fabulous. the view from my suite over the pool and to malta was spectacular , and the gardens were wonderful ,lots of trees ,birds and flowers, the staff were so friendly george and danny in the bar . and ferdinand was the perfect maitre d , italico rota the director was the greatest gentleman i ever met , and there were so many more wonderful staff ,too many to mention but i really thank them all for giving me such a great service , , the spa is beautiful with an indoor pool leading to the outside and the treatments were absolutly professional and great. the restaurant il kantra was something ,the lobster pasta and fish were amazing with the fresh salads , it was on a clifftop overlooking the sea to comino and malta the water was crystal clear below and the sicilianchef he made this place really special, this is a secret spot that i really recommend if you come to gozo , i will always come back because its a unique , relaxing ,and a very special and enjoyable place . lots of walking paths with spectacular views and so mant beautiful wild flowers, i loved every moment and i know when i come back a lot of things will have been renewed and updated ,so im looking forward to see this antique hotel in a great shape ,thanks to everyone xx love anita xx

Room Tip: the suites have privat terraces with great views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank salvatorerestaurant
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Ms. Anita.
I do not have enough words to thank you so much for your wonderful words you have written to Trip Advisor about your holidays in Ta Çenc.
Such comments give us the opportunity to improve our services, to tray to do even better and better and to try harder because the full satisfaction of our Customers is our major goal.
To have Customer like yourself, is a personal and professional pleasure and I sincerely hope to welcome you again and soon.
All the Management and Staff you mentioned, they thank you very much and all of us we have been very proud to have a lovely Customer like yourself.
Thanks again and all my best wishes for the coming Festivity of EASTER,
Very sincerely yours
Malton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

A wonderful ambience with none of your concrete and glass hi-rise buildings. The staff and the service they give are in a class of their own. Chris and Ferdinand run the restaurant to perfection and no request for a variation in the set menu is too much for the chef. The waiter service is polished and professional. Michael deserves a special mention as well as a new member of staff (another Chris) who has a style of his own and I have no doubt will go far.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a swim then opt for a room next to one of the pools. If you like to laze in the sun an...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Italico R, General Manager at Hotel Ta' Cenc, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Customers, what a pleasure to welcome you again for the eighth times and thank you very much for the kind words you have sent to Trip Advisor. Comments like yours make us very happy and help us to do even better and better. Chris, Ferdinand , Michael and all the Staff are all very grateful to mention them in your comments and all of us, we are waiting for the pleasure to welcome again for the ninth time. It will be a sincere personal and professional pleasure.
All our most sincere wishes for the coming Easter Festivity.
I beg to remain, very faithfully yours,
Italico Rota - general manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sannat
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
The Palace
The Palace
#1 of 28 in Sliema
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,321 reviews

Been to Hotel Ta' Cenc? Share your experiences!