We stayed for a very short break of 2 nights here. It was our first stay in Xlendi, although not the first in Gozo. I fell in love with the place, especially during the early morning 7:00am walk when the sun is just rising and there's very little activity around. On the other hand in the evening Xlendi is attractive with all the restaurants by the water's edge lit up.
San Antonio was a very welcoming guesthouse. The owners were friendly & helpful, not only asking how our day was during breakfast but also telling little anecdotes about their family. It felt like a home and not a business. Our room, a double room, was very spacious and clean. It had a balcony which overlooked the street. However it was still very quiet as the street is not busy at all. There was also a bathroom with very clean towels and a very strong water pressure. There wasn't a hairdrier available, however they provided me with one the moment I asked during breakfast.
Breakfast was served between 8:30 and 9:30 and consisted of a choice of egg (boiled or fried), ample toast (George kept asking us whether we feel like more), coffee or tea, and cereal.
The guest house also has a common large terrace with amazing views of Xlendi bay and a small library of international books. Something which was a huge plus was the AC in the room which isn't commonly found in guest houses or apartments or even hotels in Gozo.
Although it was a very nice stay I still found some slight disadvantages:
The main thing which bugged me was the lack of lighting. In the bedroom there wasn't light above the large mirror above the chest of drawers and the bathroom didn't have sufficient light to put on makeup properly.
The TV was limited to foreign, non english speaking channels. Although there were a lot of channels very few were in English. We however didn't come for holiday to watch TV, but it would have been nice to have an english music TV station.
Also, the balcony didn't have any light so it was quite uncomfortable to stay out on the table & chair at night since it was very dark.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate little guesthouse, situated in Xlendi, Gozo, is family run, is just a 4 minute walk to the sea and has only 13 bedrooms, single, Twin/Double, Triple, Quad Rooms. All rooms are nicely furnished and enjoy a TV with satellite reception, all are fully air-conditioned, and all have an en-suite bathroom. Moreover each room enjoys also its own terrace or balcony with either a pool, garden or a sea view. Large swimming pool for adults and small splash pool for children. Just minutes walk to the beach and the Xlendi bay area. Guest House surrounded with private garden. Family run, quiet and clean. FREE WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your San Antonio Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Antonio Guesthouse Hotel Xlendi
- San Antonio Guesthouse Island Of Gozo/Xlendi, Malta