If you are tired of tourist complex in places like St Julien, Kempinski is a great alternative! It's located on the island Gozo where life is more rustic. The first impression is that the hotel is like an oasis in the rural area.
Stayed one night in the delux pool view room is ok. To my personal tasty, it's a bit old fashioned. Nevertheless it's clean and spacious. There is even a jacuzzi in my bathroom.
Had a quick lunch on the terrace overlooking the pool. The angus beef burger was delicious, however the margarita was not good. I doubt if they were professional enough to make cocktails based on the standard of the margarita. The service was slow, because there was like only one waiter serving on the terrace.
What I really liked was the SPA. It has different facilities, like steam room, pool, even a hamman! It felt so good to relax in the hamman.
Breakfast is standard, nice and quality food.
Because the hotel is not exactly located in the centre, you might need a car to get around, or take the free shuttle bus offered by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz - Where European luxury meets Mediterranean flair! Malta's blissful sister island Gozo is the Mediterranean's best kept secret and home to the hideaway resort Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Gozo. Indulge in luxury, culture, sun & sea - and find the undiscovered island you have been dreaming of! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Prestigia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski San Lawrenz
- San Lawrenz Kempinski Hotel
- Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Island Of Gozo, Malta