“Perfect relaxing Break”

Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Lawrenz
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Kempinski hotel is Gozo's superior venue for peace and quite. Service is superb, the staff are courteous and friendly. We had our room upgraded facing the pool. Rooms are spacious and clean. The Spa is blissfully relaxing with a good choice of varied treatments. This hotel makes visiting Gozo even more special. Looking forward to visiting again end of June. Would recommend to anyone that is looking for the perfect hotel in Gozo.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed 6 June 2014

This hotel blew my mind.
We stayed at the Kempinski in May for a short honeymoon break.
When we arrived we had been upgraded as they had found out we had just got married. The reception staff were very helpful and friendly and could not do enough for you.
The hotel is beautiful very clean and immaculately presented.
The breakfast is out of this world, although my scales disagree and the evening meals are just as good.

All in all i would 100% return to this hotel and recommend to all my friends and family.

1  Thank matt c
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The management has chosen to organise an "end of seminar" poolside party for the employees of a supermarket chain to the detriment of all the other guests. The promise of a change of room away from the loudspeakers never materialised. We are regular visitors to the Kempinski on Gozo but after this disastruous experience we shall seek a quieter (and certainly less expensive) hotel for our next stay. A renewal of bathrooms and beds is long overdue.
Definitely not 5 star standard.
Should you decide to stay here, don't venture out into the surrounding countryside during the "hunting" season.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank islafroggies
KempinskiGozo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I’m sorry to read that we have not been able to fulfill all of your expectations. I would like to assure you that we will take every possible measure to rectify and improve on the comments and suggestions you have brought to our attention.

I regret to hear that you had reasons to complaint during your stay. With regards to the room change, I have already spoken with the Front Office team and we are working on improvements in order that this will not happen again.

I appreciate very much your comments regarding the refurbishment of the rooms and you might be pleased to know that we are working on a refurbishment programme which is part of our future improvement action plan.

It is always very important for us to receive feedback, which helps us to see where we need to initiate appropriate actions so that we can enhance our guests’ experience.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments. I sincerely hope that you will decide to return to our hotel, where you will always receive a warm welcome from my team and me.

Cordially,

Alberto Hormigo Cebolla

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Service is excellent. I chose room with country view which was incredibly spacious. Hotel is immaculately clean. Breakfast was amazing. So much fresh fruit! Indoor pool is very relaxing. No kids jumping and splashing water on guests trying to relax. Jacuzzi is very powerful and also very relaxing. Its the place to be if you need a short break!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms may be noisy due to for example weddings organised around pool. Country view rooms a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank fleurvella
Reviewed 1 June 2014

When one comes to the hotel there is a note on display for high ratings on TripAdvisor. I am either the exception in the crowd, or people are some enchanted with the beautiful Gozo they do not notice the service.

1. There is no complimentary transportation to and from the ferry terminal. The hotel suggests to organise a taxi which is 18 EUR for a small distance - I think a hotel which values its customers convenience would offer its own service complimentary.

2. I came actually to meet a friend here. I booked for one night. Room not ready - this is pretty standard. No welcome drink which even three star hotels in Malta offer their guests upon arrival - bad when you arrive in the midday heat and are to wait for 3 hours for your room. The receptionist telling me that they will help me find my friend. I came back to check 15 mins later to discover they just ignored my request for help - nobody did anything. Reservation was made with a mistake - I had to show the confirmation I got. Well... we speak of a five star hotel here.

3. Short walk to the outdoor pools - which have leaves and tree sticks in them, I wonder when they had been cleaned the last time.

I should also say that I always look of hotels from the point of view of organising workshops/seminars/conferences which is part of what my department does. Well with so many little issues around one reservation only and the lack of attention to the customers' reservation and requests - Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz just lost a chance to be picked for a summer school for next year for which I was looking for a location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Milena D
KempinskiGozo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Mrs. Dobreva,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced with your reservation as well as with the lack of assistance from the front desk. I have already addressed the points you have raised, and we will take the necessary actions and steps to prevent a similar occurrence.

As with regards to your arrival experience, we would like to mention that our check in time is at 15:00hrs. Since your arrival was at around noon, and due to a fully booked house, unfortunately no rooms were yet available at that time of your check in. I also noted your comment regarding the welcome drink and I would like to highlight that we do offer a welcome drink to all of our guests. We have freshly prepared lemon water at the reception area and is available to any guest whether an in-house guest or a non resident, throughout the whole day.

I noted your comment regarding the courtesy bus. We would like to point out that when planning our complimentary shuttle service, we took into consideration the most popular routes (Victoria, Marsalforn, Xlendi & Ramla) to accommodate the majority of our guests.

I appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of the outdoor pools. Our pool attendants are cleaning the waters and filters of all pools on a daily basis, however we hope you understand that since our outdoor pools are situated on open grounds with the garden all around them, on windy days, it is beyond our control to have no leaves in the pools.

We hope to have a second chance in the future to make it up to you. I do thank you again for your feedback as it is only through this that we can have new ideas or improve our guests’ experience.

Thank you once again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz in the near future.

Cordially,

Alberto Hormigo Cebolla

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Let me start by saying that my wife and I enjoyed our stay at the hotel, and if we come back to Gozo again, we'll look for a good deal here.

Though, the impression after leaving the hotel are, that the hotel must have been amazing some time ago, and then it has not really kept up with the development. The room was nice and spacious, but the madras of the bed was thin and you could clearly feel the springs. In the public areas, you could find cracks in the walls or stains in old carpets. Furthermore, wifi reception is poor throughout the premises (especially by the pools).

The pool area is nice, but at the time of our stay (late May) there was no service at all by the pool.
Tried a few of the restaurants of the hotel, but found better quality and value out of the hotel (can recommend Patricks in Victoria). Though, breakfast was really nice. Also, the view from the hotel is nice - with fields and small cities in the horizon (no sea!).

We also tried the spa, which was a really good experience.

Considering that we made an early booking and got a good offer, I think value was good, but I would feel bad paying full price for this old school kempinski!

Room Tip: Higher floors for better view (or a view...)
2  Thank micmm
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights on half board basis, our room was large and comfortable the only downside being the balcony was not large enough to sit out on, but it overlooked the pool and the wonderful gardens. Breakfast was superb everything you could wish for even "al la carte" at no extra cost. Dinner could be taken in either of the two restaurants and the food was delicious.
A visit to the Hamman in the Spa was so relaxing (didnt try the treatments). Recommended for a relaxing break in a lovely hotel.

3  Thank JeniferLeeds
#1 of 1 in Mgarr
San Andrea Hotel
San Andrea Hotel
#1 of 5 in Xlendi

Been to Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz? Share your experiences!