Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz
US$81
Cornucopia Hotel(Xaghra)(Great Value!)
US$106
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,330 results
All reviewsazure windowjunior suitepool viewpool baritalian restaurantmain poolkids clubcraft villagemain restaurantspa facilitiesfantastic hotelfamily poolthe hotel offerscourtesy bussmall islandtennis courtsevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Everything you would expected from a Kempinski hotel. Stunning spacious rooms with the most comfortable beds. The food in the restaurant was amazing, and breakfast was one of the best I've had in any hotel.

The pools are lovely and kept very clean. The spa is fantastic, but I would recommend to pre book for and treatments way in advance. I was lucky and got a cancellation.

The bar in the lobby is expensive, but they did a happy hour. By the time you have ordered your cocktail and got it, happy hour in nearly over. Order a few at a time!

The hotel staff are all very friendly and knowledgeable of the area.

Room Tip: Pre book spa treatments in advance. Pool view rooms are the best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Claire P
Reviewed 23 July 2014

All in all, this is very good indeed. There were a few little niggles, but nothing that is worth detailing here, and nothing that would stop me going back tomorrow.

The pools are very good, the food is great, and the receptionists were all helpful and frank, as were the staff at breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I picked this hotel based on the excellent reviews on trip advisor. We needed to stay somewhere for one night so I thought I would treat us with this hotel.

We arrived extremely early - 10am - and chanced checking in to see if the room was ready. Ok, so it was not. That's understandable. I hoped that maybe though, when the people checked out, they might move the room to the top of the cleaning rota. Checked back at 12, not ready. Checked at 2, not ready. Official check in time was 3 so at 2.56 I asked if it was ready. No. Then magically at 3pm, the official check in time, the room was ready. I feel like they were basically trying to make some kind of point to us and definitely didn't feel like 5 star service. They did the absolute minimum they had to, even though it was clear I was eager to check in.

What annoyed me even more was that the hotel was clearly not very full. When I went swimming, I was the only one in the pool. Was it that hard for not one room in the hotel to be ready before 3pm?

The check-in clerk walked us to our room and I complained about the wait. He offered me late check out which I gladly accepted. The next morning however, we were told we could not have it after all. Again, half empty hotel...

We ordered room service. A drink didn't come, the wrong milkshake arrived and the other milk shake was thin and not very cold. After 30 minutes and a phone call asking where the items were, the correct items appeared. I had to argue about the bill as the service was not good.

Other than the issues below, the hotel itself is very nice. The room was lovely and we loved the bath with the jacuzzi jets. We had lunch twice and the service there was great. I also had a massage and it was lovely. Highly recommend the spa.

If we hadn't ordered room service and had not turned up early, it would have been a nice stay but those two things really soured our experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Rachie1234
KempinskiGozo, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Reviewer,

I would like to thank you for your time and for bringing your concerns to my attention. I appreciate your detailed comments and would like to apologise for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

As with regards to your arrival experience, we would like to mention that our check in time is at 15:00hrs. For early check-ins we always do our best to prepare the rooms as soon as possible, and in the meantime we offer our guest to use the hotel facilities before check in time free of charge. We hope you understand that in certain occasions, even when hotel is not fully booked, it could be the case that it’s not always possible for us to offer our early check ins another room which is vacant. This is due to reservation requests, i.e. room types booked, floor preferences, bed types, length of stay and other special requests. I apologise once more if you felt that the provided service has not been up to your satisfaction.

I noted with concern your comments regarding the room service order. Please rest assured that I already spoke to the respective heads of department for an immediate follow up and improvement of the service.

At Kempinski, we always make every effort to offer our guests the best service possible and we would be delighted if you could give us a second opportunity to welcome you again at our property, so that we can prove our high quality service and hospitality.

Thank once again for your comments, and I look forward to welcoming you once more to the Kempinski San Lawrenz Resort & Spa in the near future.

Cordially,

Alberto Hormigo Cebolla

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The best hotel in Gozo by far for style, ambience and relaxation. Truly a 5 star like it should be. Food is very good, staff friendly and helpful. Since Gozo is not very large, then you can reach all corners of Gozo in less than 30mins by car.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, fantastic breakfast buffet. The grounds are lovely. Nice peaceful break. Service was courteous. Rooms are nice and spacious. Oh and the game of thrones cast stayed here while shooting at the azure window.
Would love to come back again.

Stayed: April 2014