This is the 2nd time we have stayed here, on arrival we were upgraded to a junior suite, last year was in a standard room. Both were excellent, large, clean, well equipped and quiet.
On arrival everything ready, welcomed by staff happy to give a full tour of the hotel and it's facilities, no waiting to check in.
Tried all the restaurants and the food was beautifully presented, tasty and plentiful. The new Il Gardinia overlooking the newly constructed gardens is very pleasant for an outdoor dining experience whilst the Trattoria has both indoor and outdoor seating as does the L'ortolan. My husband had informed the hotel that I had specific dietary requirements at our time of booking and whenever we were seated for a meal the staff always informed me of which meals would be suitable without my needing to remind them,
Hotel was full to capacity but there was still plenty of room around the poolsides on all three outdoor pools, didn't need to wait for any service. Staff bring around iced teas for you to try and of course the cool refreshing towels at regular intervals during the day. There is a separate pool for families with younger children which makes a more relaxing experience for those who prefer to sit quietly by the other pools
Spa facilities are excellent and a wide range of treatments are available, also an indoor pool and jacuzzi
This hotel is set in the countryside and is not overlooking the sea but as Gozo is such a small island it's only about ten minutes to a beach with stunning views, we deliberately booked here as it would be quieter than in the main resorts.
Regular local bus service from main road outside hotel to Victoria and rest of the island. hotel can arrange their own chauffeur car to collect from airport in maltsa but just as easy to catch local bus to the ferry or taxi
would be happy to return here again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz - Where European luxury meets Mediterranean flair! Malta's blissful sister island Gozo is the Mediterranean's best kept secret and home to the hideaway resort Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz. Indulge in luxury, culture, sun & sea - and find the undiscovered island you have been dreaming of! *** Please be advised that due to extensive upgrading work, our Spa centre will be closed from January 8th until February 1st 2018 inclusive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Jet2Holidays , Prestigia, TravelUp, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski San Lawrenz
- San Lawrenz Kempinski Hotel
- Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Island Of Gozo, Malta