The feel SRL gave was comforting, homely, tranquil. One feels close to nature by walking barefoot on the corridor, sitting in the open taking in the sounds n sights of the forest. The staff, guides esp, seemed happy working there, n would tell w pride how the lodge goes green n also help the locals. There's no air-con n recycled cooking oil used as fuel oil.
While the lodge is children friendly, easily excitable kids may cause displeasure as they run on e wooden floor.
Annoyingly, some guests disregard the staff's instruction not to enter the lounge with soiled shoes, when many other guests were actually barefooted or w the provided room slippers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge nestles on the banks of one of Borneo's most important waterways, the Kinabatangan River, home to many of Borneo's magnificent wildlife. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the rainforest and the cacophany of its inhabitants, its majestic birds, all 7 species of Borneo Primates including Borneo's iconic Proboscis Monkey, Orangutans in their natural habitat as well as herds of Borneo Pygmy Elephants. Sukau Rainforest Lodge offers the rare comfort and luxury in the midst of the Borneo Rainforest whilst retaining an Eco-Lodge ethos, the delicate balance of true sustainability. We promise to give you and your family an experience you'll always remember and one you'll never regret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sukau Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukau Rainforest Hotel Sabah
- Sukau Rainforest Lodge Kinabatangan District, Malaysia - Sabah