The lodge is great, the food as well and the overall experience was fantastic!
The "rainforest" itself might be tiny and pushed out to the river but if you go there to spot monkeys, apes, birds etc. you've definitely come to the right place! And if you really cross your fingers you'll also find wild boars and elephants!
All the talk about the lodge being basic I can't quite see. The rooms (stayed in two of them and there are 20 in total) were very nicely equiped with a wonderful bed, rackes for your clothes and a nice bathroom with big showers. Yes the showers in the morning can and most often will be chilly but come on - you're in the jungle and the water is warmed by solar panels so what did you expect?
And if it's good enough for Sir David Attenborough then it's good enough for me! 'nough said :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge nestles on the banks of one of Borneo's most important waterways, the Kinabatangan River, home to many of Borneo's magnificent wildlife. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the rainforest and the cacophany of its inhabitants, its majestic birds, all 7 species of Borneo Primates including Borneo's iconic Proboscis Monkey, Orangutans in their natural habitat as well as herds of Borneo Pygmy Elephants. Sukau Rainforest Lodge offers the rare comfort and luxury in the midst of the Borneo Rainforest whilst retaining an Eco-Lodge ethos, the delicate balance of true sustainability. We promise to give you and your family an experience you'll always remember and one you'll never regret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sukau Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukau Rainforest Hotel Sabah
- Sukau Rainforest Lodge Kinabatangan District, Malaysia - Sabah