We visited the lodge as part of a tour with Borneo Eco Tours (see other review of the tour). I was very impressed with the lodge – I expected to rough it a bit being out in the jungle but I thought the lodge was very clean and comfortable. It is not as remote as I first thought it might be, there are quite a few other lodges and home stays nearby and we passed through 2 villages on the way up the river. I was impressed with the meals – there were a few choices and everything was really tasty. I enjoyed sitting outside having dinner over looking the rover while bats flew around – fantastic! The staff at the lodge were friendly and helpful. When we arrived, we were treated to a cold towel and lime drink (very welcome after a hot boat trip). We were warned we might not get a hot shower but we never had this problem. Interesting boardwalk at the back of the lodge to wander through and look for wildlife. There was also a talk on Orang-utans one day I found this very interesting. Overall, I really enjoyed our stay and would happily have stayed a few more nights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge nestles on the banks of one of Borneo's most important waterways, the Kinabatangan River, home to many of Borneo's magnificent wildlife. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the rainforest and the cacophany of its inhabitants, its majestic birds, all 7 species of Borneo Primates including Borneo's iconic Proboscis Monkey, Orangutans in their natural habitat as well as herds of Borneo Pygmy Elephants. Sukau Rainforest Lodge offers the rare comfort and luxury in the midst of the Borneo Rainforest whilst retaining an Eco-Lodge ethos, the delicate balance of true sustainability. We promise to give you and your family an experience you'll always remember and one you'll never regret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sukau Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukau Rainforest Hotel Sabah
- Sukau Rainforest Lodge Kinabatangan District, Malaysia - Sabah