My husband and I were referred to this lodge and we stayed 3 days. The renos that were getting done on the rooms are now complete but they are continuing with more improvements which could take a while. This made the experience very noisy during the day which was our only complaint. The tours of the river, cave and surrounding forest were amazing. Wild orangs, proboscis monkeys, hundreds of bird species, many of which are endangered, made this region a must see for us. The food was much better than anywhere else we ate in Borneo, and the focus on eco tourism and the hiring of local tribal people resonated with our philosophy. We would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Sukau Rainforest Lodge nestles on the banks of one of Borneo's most important waterways, the Kinabatangan River, home to many of Borneo's magnificent wildlife. Immerse yourself in the tranquility of the rainforest and the cacophany of its inhabitants, its majestic birds, all 7 species of Borneo Primates including Borneo's iconic Proboscis Monkey, Orangutans in their natural habitat as well as herds of Borneo Pygmy Elephants. Sukau Rainforest Lodge offers the rare comfort and luxury in the midst of the Borneo Rainforest whilst retaining an Eco-Lodge ethos, the delicate balance of true sustainability. We promise to give you and your family an experience you'll always remember and one you'll never regret. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sukau Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sukau Rainforest Hotel Sabah
- Sukau Rainforest Lodge Kinabatangan District, Malaysia - Sabah