“Rude and miserable manager”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Brewery Tap

The Brewery Tap
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ware
The Brewery Tap
Ranked #1 of 4 Ware B&B and Inns
Ware, United Kingdom
“Rude and miserable manager”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The owner of the Tap Bar obviously does not read the reviews otherwise they would have got rid of the manageress long ago. Went in yesterday about 12.30 for lunch before the carnival and the manageress was her usual rude self. No menus on the tables yet she insisted there was. We placed an order, then horror of horrors we produced their loyalty card to be stamped which brought forth more sighs and tuts from her. I will point out that at that time there were only 4 people in the front bar. It used to be a very popular place but since she arrived popularity has dwindled. There is no welcome when you go in, everything is too much trouble for her, she argues with customers. Appears to be very busy but obviously is so inefficient she cannot cope with more than one customer at the bar. The way she treats the staff is appalling, berating them in front of customers. Not a happy experience and our friends were equally disgusted. She obviously hates her job so perhaps it is well past her time to leave and get a job where she does not have to deal with the general public.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
hertfordshire
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had light lunch here on day of Ware Carnival. Food average, nothing special and lady serving behind the bar, presumably the manager, rude and very offhand. Not welcoming at all and probably wont return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Stansted
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I recently went to the tap bar on a first date, and let's just say it wasn't just the company I was disappointed with.

Firstly the place was almost empty but the waitress behind the bar seemed stressed and preoccupied with chatting to her friend at the bar.

We ordered food and had to pay upfront, which I always disagree with. After waiting for 5 minutes, the waitress came over and said what I had ordered had run out. I was happy to reorder and receive the refund of the difference in price.

Possibly the most disappointing aspect of the visit was the salad I ordered after being told the burritos were out. The salad was extremely basic, the chicken and bacon was cold and the lettuce had an odd after taste of cleaning products.

So we ate minimal and left. Needless to say we haven't had date 2. Lol

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ExChefJimi

Travellers are raving about these Ware hotels

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here after a works function so it was purely a place to crash. Just as well really as it was certainly no frills. The lady who checked me in couldn't find my room to begin with and gave no explanation as to the check-out procedure (I left the key in the door as there was nobody to surrender it to at 8 o clock in the morning). The room itself was perfectly functional, with the quirk of having a larger fridge than the little CRT telly. The decor was a little dated, too. For £50 I was perfectly happy for a place to crash, but I would have been upset had it cost any more than it did. On the plus side there looked like there were a couple of nice beers in the bar downstairs!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Knebworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I took our daughter to The Tap Bar for lunch for her birthday. The place was pretty empty when we arrived. The waiter who served us was friendly, courteous and prompt but that was as good as it got. For one thing the woman who ran the place (or at least that's what we assumed she was) was loudly instructing our waiter in how to do his job which was inappropriate and annoying when guests are in the restaurant. My daughter ordered a burger, my wife a panini and I had a burrito. For starters we selected a few small dishes. These were OK but the burger and burrito were atrocious. The panini was average. My daughter likened her burger to something you get from a burger van after a night out (although those are probably better). It was pretty obvious the meat patty came pre-made from the freezer and was over-cooked. My burrito looked promising but in fact was stodgy and pretty disgusting. In fact as I write this review about 4 hours after we left it is still repeating on me. Pretty sure this was a frozen ready-meal. If not, then the cook should be fired! Though the ambiance of the place is quite nice I would avoid The Tap Bar if you're looking for somewhere to eat. We won't be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Skrebs
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Went to an event here recently with a number of friends. Overpriced, and drunk bar staff. £4.60 for one jäger bomb is outrageous. Toilets were also distinctly unpleasant. Would not recommend. A lovely birthday party but only due to the company and most certainly NOT due to the venue!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lizzie B
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Double with en suite, £50 no breakfast. On entering the room it just look like it was bad tast in decor but on inspection it was extremely dirty, grimey, sick stains on carpet. Curtains hanging off, dirty water still in kettle. Two hangers in cupboard. THEN I checked out the bed linen! No protectors on pillows, but the worst thing was the fitted sheet being used as a protector on the mattress, it had white Staines all over it and was so dusty with skin that it must have been on that bed for years! We couldn't say anything to the staff because there wasn't anyone around at 7.30am when we beat a retreat. Needless to say that we will not be staying there again. Now we know why they took our money in advance.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Hayley P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ware
Premier Inn Ware Hotel
#1 of 4 in Hertford
Sopwell House
Sopwell House
#3 of 9 in St Albans

Been to The Brewery Tap? Share your experiences!