“A retirement lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2013

There was a lovely happy feel about the restaurant with plenty of jolly sounds. The selection of all courses was excellent and the waiter attentive. They were able to provide me with gluten free bread too. The only criticism that we had was the fact that a large family left their table when they had finished and the floor around it was not cleared up. We did mention this to the waitress in charge who said that the waiter for that table had gone to the lounge area with them to serve coffee. There was a piece of melon that somebody could have slipped on too. On the table next to the vacated one was a party for an 80th birthday. Apart from that everything was very good.

3  Thank Caroline S

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I was taken here for the afternoon tea as a treat.
The service was great and a lovely selection of goodies was brought to the well appointed lounge over looking the gardens. Luckily there was only one other table of 3 ladies, so we were made to feel special. We weren't rushed and we relaxed enjoying the experience. Afterwards we took a wonder around the beautifully gardens. For a special occasion or for a treat it felt suitably decadent
The (traditional Tea £17.95 pp) lunch isn't cheap, particularly when your paying for two, but your paying for the ambiance and setting. Perfect for a special treat.

6  Thank Snowdy7
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Was staying here for a wedding,Food and drink pricey but what do you expect in a hotel.Had a bit of a problem with the room but was sorted.Rooms are not that great but other than that staff were good

8  Thank displeased064
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I booked my mum in for a day of making a hanging basket followed by a three course lunch. When we arrived we sat in the lovely bar area, with open fire, and enjoyed a leisurely coffee before being taken to the Oak Room to make our hanging baskets. The Head Gardener knows everything you could ever want to know about plants and was more than happy to answer any questions we had while we were making our baskets. I know absolutely nothing about flowers and this is the first time I have done anything like this but I thought it would make a lovely present for my mum, as it is something she can keep. She really enjoyed it and is now the proud owner of a very large, personally selected and created, hanging basket. I priced ready made hanging baskets in a local garden centre, and I feel the day was great value for money. The lunch was lovely, plenty of choice (mum is a vegetarian) and the chocolate mousse and chocolate fountain went down very well!! At the last minute I had to bring my 3 year old daughter too. The staff couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful and she even got to choose some flowers to go in a basket too! After lunch we had a walk around the beautiful gardens which has inspired me to try to plant a few things in my own garden!

7  Thank JoS14
Reviewed 1 April 2013

See my review under "Hotels" it pretty much sums up a great hotel with dire F&B ... I really hope it chooses to improve