“Lovely Afternoon Tea”
Review of Fanhams Hall Hotel

Fanhams Hall Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Fanhams Hall Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 91 Restaurants in Ware
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had a really wonderful afternoon tea at Fanhams Hall for My Mum’s 88th Birthday.
The hotel and grounds are beautiful and they are happy for you to arrive earlier and make the most of their facilities. The afternoon tea was very good value for money and the charming waitress served an extra cake for my Mum’s Birthday. Staff will go out of their way to make you day special. We even left with 3 flower arrangements from the wedding the day before.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We booked the earlier sitting so this more or less doubled as a late lunch.
Tasty sandwiches, scones with jam and cream followed by a selection of small cakes, all very neatly arranged on cake stands; very prettily done.
The waitress was very attentive and always happy to replenish our drinks and offer doggy bags to take home the cakes we couldn't manage.
If I were to book again I might ask for a table for a larger group, rather than sofas, as we seemed a little too far apart to chat at times but all in all it was very good value for money.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Went for Sunday lunch. Lovely setting, plenty of food but the quality just wasn't great. Good selection of cold starters on the buffet but the carvery was pretty tasteless. Mushy veg, funny tasting potatoes, well cooked but tasteless beef.

1  Thank JohnJampot
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Cream tea was exceptional along with the champagne.
Breakfast was great.
Could have done with a little more at the evening wedding reception.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I really enjoyed my Sunday lunch cavery here. The spacious light and airy dinning room over looking the duck pond and grounds. The young girls who served us were chatty, friendly and very attentive. I enjoyed the well stocked starter buffet, with prawns, poached and smoked salmon, it had traditional salad dishes, like potato salad, but also more unusual, artichoke and asian chicken and noodle salads. I think there would be something for everyone. There a small quick moving queue for the main course and you can help yourself to the veg and Yorkshire puddings. I noted they there was an alternative fish or a vegetation option. The desert self service was also very good. At one point I noticed all the crime brûlées had gone, but despite it being near the end of service, they brought more out, which was good to see. It's £22.95 a head (there are concessions) a bit on the pricey side, but for an occasional treat, it was most enjoyable. We had a bottle of Merlot, one of the lower priced wines at £23 and it was also very nice. It was very family orientated and had a very relaxed feel and is not at all stuffy for such a grand house. After lunch we enjoyed a quiet stroll around the beautiful gardens. The only down side is, it's very popular and you need to book ahead to avoid disappointment.