I visited Hanbury Manor with my partner in March for a birthday treat. I found the hotel to be very clean and relaxing. The grounds were well maintained with very nice views. Also the weather was nice out so spent the afternoon sitting in the gardens in the sunshine which was very peaceful.
On arrival we were impressed with the room and location. The Oaks Grill restaurant manager was very welcoming and the food was of excellent standard. I was impressed.
However, i was suprised to see a mini bar in the room with no price list!! i requested a price list from reception however, this was not brought to the room as promised. Along with the coffee and tea facilities a packet of pringles, biscuits and two bottles of water were put out for guests. We were told by reception staff that these were complimentry. we did not take any drinks from the minibar due, to having no price list. On depature we was informed by reception staff that we would not be charged for the water, crisps because we were informed the previous night that these were not chargable.
Two days later my partner recived a letter from Hanbury Manor which included the cost of Pringles and water which, we were told was complimentary. We were in shock that Hanbury Manor had gone against what was promised and furthermore dissapointed that they had taken money out of our account without disscussing or clarifying the situation espescially when we were told by reception staff that no charge were applicable due, to the items being placed alongside tea/coffee facilities.
This situation had spoilt what could have been a good experience from a reputable company. I still find the situation bazaar you need to re- train reception staff to understand the meaning of good customer service as well as being clear about what items are or not chargeable. Also all mini bars shoud come with full price lists otherwise it is not clear what the customer is expected to pay.
Overall an enjoyable trip however, i remain unsatisfied with being charged £3,50 for a tiny packet of pringles and £7.60 for water that i believed to be complimentary following advise from reception staff.
Advice: Do not take recption staffs word clarify with management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its fragrant walled gardens, stately Jacobean country house and 200 acres of Hertfordshire hotel parkland, the historic Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club makes a lasting impression. As London's time-honored "Original Country Retreat," you'll find the obliging service and amenities expected from a luxury hotel in Hertfordshire, UK. It's a standard that extends from the richly paneled library warmed by an open fireplace to elegant guest rooms each designed offering plush new bedding, business-savvy touches, high-speed Internet and flat-screen LCD TVs. Savor our local culinary offers from Oakes Grill and Vardon's Bar, or enjoy the Hanbury Afternoon Tea in Oak Hall. Yield to the blissful pleasures of the luxury spa, workout in the fitness center or take on the championship golf course. For weddings, our luxury Hertfordshire hotel offers a distinctive setting that provides memorable occasion. When looking for luxury Hertfordshire hotels, choose the impeccable Hanbury Manor Marriott. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Hanbury Manor Hotel And Country Club
- Marriott Hanbury Manor Hotel Country
- Marriott Ware
- Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club Ware, Hertfordshire
- Ware Marriott