“Why no wifi”

Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ware
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are lovely. Spacious with enormous comfy beds. All the facilities and accessories you need for an overnight stay. But why after all the money that is spent here do they not provide free wifi in your room?

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review following your stay at Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club and thank you for choosing us. It is very encouraging to hear your feedback.

As you quite rightly mention internet is indeed chargeable in the bedrooms, however, Wi-Fi is complimentary in our public areas however I do appreciate your feedback and will be sure to escalate this in your behalf.

Thank you once again for your review and I trust that we will have the honour of being of service to you once again in the not too distant future.

With best regards

There are newer reviews for Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club

997 - 1,003 of 1,640 reviews

Reviewed 7 July 2014

There was a mixed age range for my husbands 50th birthday weekend, ranging from 50 to 2. The men enjoyed the golf and said that it was one of the best courses that they have played, but it is not a hotel for children. After being in the swimming pool for over an hour we then decided to get a drink for us and the children. There is absolutely no where to get a drink, we tried the lounge and was told that all the seats have been reserved for afternoon tea, we then tried the outside area and was told that it is a champagne bar and unless we were having champagne we couldn't sit there, we then tried the sports bar but we were not allowed in there either as it was for members only!! I did complain and the manager has contacted me to apologise, so that was nice but I don't think that the hotel will change as it caters to the older person. The grounds are wonderful and the rooms are spacious and clean. Would return without children though.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your husband’s 50th birthday weekend at Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I really do appreciate you choosing us to celebrate such a special occasion; it was a pleasure to be of service to you all.

It was indeed pleasing to hear that the men enjoyed their golf and it was one of the best courses that they have played. I will be sure to pass on your excellent feedback to my Director of Golf & Estates and his team.

I have taken your comment on board with reference to the hotel not being for children. I do apologise for any upset caused whilst you were here with us. I can assure you I will bear this in mind when discussing our guest feedback at my next team meeting.

Thank you once again; it is valuable to hear our guest’s point of view and I do hope that we will have the privilege and pleasure to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Me and 13 girls came here for my hen do ,
We got a amazing deal at the time x2 treatments dinner and breakfast the day went beautifully , met in the library for drinks ... Then went to spa where we spent the day .. Back to room to get ready then dinner

They upgraded my treatments ( best massage i had to this day ) and my room ( swear was haunted !!) wonderful start !!

Very relaxed fun day we went to rooms to get ready for dinner which was impeccable ... A man looked after us there I have forgot his name but did tell managers before I left he made our stay , nothing was to much trouble he even made sure we got chicken and chips for the fussy eaters and didn't make u feel silly , when we went for our gorgeous breakfast he even presented me with a bottle of champagne our stay wouldn't have been the same without him

Our room in the mansion house was stunning views lovely robes ect but we had some strange goings on ! The other 12 girls had 6 rooms in the new area which was still love,y as went down there and see and no haunted antics !

Only thing I would say to the hotel is they could have tried when we checked in for one or two of the rooms to be ready or let us know when they were just for convienace as one of our party had a baby ect but it didn't ruin our stay we all had a fab time

Wish they still did this deal to stay again thankyou mr forgot your name you were wonderful !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you are looking for a great resort with some English Country Style, The Marriott Hanbury Manor is worth considering. I recently stayed 4 nights at this resort and found it to be very comfortable. I had a Junior Suite in the main building. It was a two level suite with plenty of room. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel has a lot of character. I particularly enjoyed the pool and fitness center. There is a PGA golf course on site that looked great. Unfortunately, I did not have a chance to play but would have liked to. Had breakfast and dinner at the Oakes Grill. The food and service were great. If the weather is nice, get a table on the patio overlooking the golf course. One night we took a 10 minute walk to the edge of the property and had dinner at a local Pub, the Sow and Pig. Very traditional pub with excellent food.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay and thank you for choosing Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I am sure our readers will find this review very beneficial.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time with us. Our aim is to exceed individual’s expectations and I am delighted to read that we have achieved this.

I hope that the service you received from my staff and the great food will entice you back to the hotel allowing us to showcase the Hanbury Manor experience that you are now familiar with.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

The first impressiom when you arrive is really Grand and prestigious. The Garden and the Manor are absolutely spotless Butiful. However when you get inside it's a little bit different. Lets say that the overall problem of this hotel is that it's "Messy". Its got a enormous potential due to the historic building but honestly you wonder what they had in mind. The reception is alright then on your right you have a sort of lounge / Bar where honestly the it's freezing as the doors are open constantly. The furniture gives an impression again of being all over the place and mix match We didn't really want to stay in this room to have a drink. At the back you have a charming room but again it's not quite there yet. The library is completely dead and left with tables wich to my opinion doesn't make sense... you should have instead comfy sofas and armchair. Country style should be comfy.... Highlight: the Spa is great. Great sauna and great jacuzzi. However the treatments are Really expensive . The breakfast was really good and we have actually met a couple of nice chefs there, really friensly , Pedro and Patrick they explained us the different buffet option. We also met the Exec. Chef Raj. Really nice and genuine people. Very good idea the Fresh bespoke omelette in the morning. Loved it!

Overall it was a good experience but was expecting more from a 5 star . And please close the windows!!! The heating is full on and windows wide open!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I really appreciate your invaluable time spent in giving your feedback. We are certain that readers of your review will find the detailed information you provided very useful when choosing a hotel.

It was indeed pleasurable to read that you enjoyed your experience and your highlight was your visit to the spa. I was pleased to hear that you met with Pedro and Patrick during breakfast and our Executive Chef, Raj .

Thank you once again and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to showcase the Hanbury Manor experience that you have now come to know in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a weekend break using Tesco Clubcard vouchers recently, for which we felt we weren't welcomed as much as the people who were "paying guests". The room was clean but dated. There was no milk for a cup of tea, and we had to request some from reception. On day 2 there was no replacement shower gel. We went for a cocktail in the bar, which was extortionately priced, so we then had a G & T. £6 for a single (25ml) shot without mixer was also overpriced. We had a lovely meal at the pub down the road (Sow & Pigs) which was busy but service was great. Overall, the hotel was ok, but by no means a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Golden0ldie52
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review following your weekend break at Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. We are sorry that you found the hotel only passable and your experience fell short of your expectations.

I am mortified to hear that you did not feel as welcomed as much as our paying guests. All guests should be welcomed whether they are paying, staying with us on a special promotion or alternatively on Tesco Clubcard vouchers. I can assure you it was not intentional and not meant to make you feel uncomfortable in anyway whatsoever and I am sincerely sorry that it did. We will learn from your feedback and sometimes the way things come across make a big difference.

I have taken on board your points with reference to the milk and the shower gel. I am most terribly sorry this should not have happened and as you would expect I have shared your comments with my Executive Housekeeper who is looking into this.

With regards to the prices charged for drinks in the cocktail bar. We are line with other properties and we do benchmark ourselves regularly to make sure we are in line. Saying this I will escalate your comments on your behalf.

Thank you once again for your review and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the hotel so that we may have the opportunity to make your next stay with us an excellent one.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friend and I were lucky enough to happen upon a deal that included a room, two spa treatments and a three-course meal, which made for a lovely escape.

I do have to admit that parking was really confusing. We parked at one of the first lots, which happened to be near our room, but had we parked near the lobby, we would have had quite a walk through multiple buildings with all of our belongings. The maze of buildings and parking were really the only detractors. There were a lot of cars and delivery areas that were kind of distracting from the scenery.

The room itself was clean. They provided robes, and we had champagne on ice.

The spa included a pool, jacuzzi, sauna and stream room, which we really enjoyed. We had our nails done, and I had an aroma therapy massage. Very relaxing, but I've had better of both. The best part was lounging around in the pool, jacuzzi, and sauna.

The meal was in the main restaurant and really delicious. I started with a beautiful plate of charcuterie followed by duck breast and a dessert.

Overall, we had a great time and left very relaxed and satisfied.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank libertina628
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to complete your review of Hanbury Manor, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club following your stay with us. I was delighted that you and your friend enjoyed your stay with us and had some lovely things to say about your “Great Escape”.

I am sorry that you found the parking confusing and I have of course taken your feedback on board.

Thank you once again for your review and I am so pleased that you both left us feeling relaxed and satisfied and we cannot wait to welcome you both back and to be of service to you once again.

Govert Deketh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ware
Fanhams Hall Hotel
Premier Inn Ware Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!