“birthday weekend” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Ware
london
“birthday weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

we arrived at 7pm on friday and was amazed by the beautiful grounds , absoloutly beautiful , and soon checked in to our room which was fantastic we stayed in the prestigeous room in the main building where everything was situated room 569 which was amazing big a beautiful, most amazing bed i slept in with luxurious pillows and sheets , bathroom was beautiful , lovely room , we had dinner at the Zodiac restaurant which was AMAZING they really have the best food top marks for chef , the cocktails where deliicious but very expensive so if you like a drink like we do be prepared to spend money but its a very posh resort so guess they can charge what they like , the staff where all very helpfull and curtious all said hello and have a nice stay which made place more amazing , they even put happy birthday on wifes desert which made it extra special and wished her happy birthday .

we retured to our room with rose petals and swans as requested and they made it perfect THANK YOU MARRIOT you made it amazing

only down side was the room was so HOT but it was due to weather being very warm i guess nothing could be done but air con would be a big bonus

Room Tip: prestigious rooms are amazing
2 Thank wazo1984
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to leave your review following your stay at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club and thank you for choosing us for your wife’s special occasion.

It is indeed pleasing to read that your stay was amazing and the kind comments regarding my staff, which will be shared with them.

Thank you once again and I trust that we will have the honour of welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Govert Deketh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went there with my mum for a spa day and had a full body massage. It was the best massage I have ever had and I've been to a few spas and always pick massage. We had the 3 course lunch also and all the food was lovely as well. All staff we saw that day were friendly and helpful without being pushy and over the top like some places. Was a lovely day, highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to leave your review following your spa day at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club and thank you for choosing us.

I am happy that the hotel met your expectations and you and your mum had a lovely day.

Thank you once again and I trust that we will have the honour of being of service to you once again in the not too distant future.

Best wishes

Fareham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here for my husbands birthday. We were both in great spirits as i`d bought my o/h a Posrche racing experience which he did before we got to the hotel. On arrival we were really impressed with the grounds and hotel, beautiful. Our room was really lovely, huge! after check in we thought we`d go and watch the rugby in the bar, only to be told we wern`t allowed in as it was for members only, shocking!! we`ve stayed in so many hotels but never heard of this before. We booked a taxi for the evening as we`d already booked a table at a nearby restaurant and got in the car to find a pub that had sky sports that we were allowed in.
That evening we came down to wait for our taxi, and waited, and waited, and waited. We were told it had been booked but it never showed, so another was booked for us. By the time we got to the restaurant we were over half an hour late and had lost our table, i was so annoyed! I guess you can have the best hotel in the world, but without decent staff and service, it`s a waste of time!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amanda_dcl
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review following your stay with us at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club and thank you for choosing us for this special occasion.

Firstly, it was indeed pleasing to read that you were impressed with the grounds and the hotel and you were delighted with your accommodation. Saying this I must apologise that you were unable to view the rugby in our Vardons Bar and Restaurant due to the fact that the restaurant was closed for our Members from 11.00am to 4.00pm and for the inconvenience this had caused you.

Secondly, I must apologise for the delay which you encountered with the taxi company which made you over half an hour late which resulted in your table being taken. My understanding is that we had called the taxi company on two occasions and I am just sorry that the first request was not met and for your enragement, particularly as you were celebrating your husband’s birthday.

Thank you once again for your review; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and I do trust and hope that we will be able to serve you and your husband again in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

The grounds are beautiful and the hotel exterior very grand but once inside I'm afraid it is living on past reputation.
The bedroom I was in really needed some money spending .cheap chains into plaster on the bay windows and a horrendous 70s colour scheme with peeling sealant and bulging wallpaper to add character.
The food is what you ordered in name but needs some love particularly at these prices ! £3.50 for a small dish of bought in chips as a side dish !
Never mind paying the money if it's good but it just isn't

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to leave your review following your stay with us at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club and thank you for choosing us.

Firstly, thank you for your kind comments regarding the grounds which will give me great pleasure to share with my Director of Golf & Estates and his team.

Thank you once again for your review; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and I do trust and hope that we will be able to serve you again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here on 18th and 19th of July 2914. The grounds are stunning and there is a peaceful atmosphere. The rooms are however a little out of date and not as grand as the outside and main entrance of the hotel might lead you to believe, however they are comfortable. The Oaks Grill is good, the Zodiac restaurant is overpriced, the service is poor and the food bland - save your money and give it a miss! The breakfast is good. Overall the surroundings and grounds are stunning, however I would say it's more 4 star than 5.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main part of the hotel - there are two modern annexes which are less charming.
Green Features: Not exceptionally environmentally friendly was operating like any hotel.
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HanburyManor, General Manager at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review following your stay with us at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club and thank you for choosing us.

Secondly, I must apologise that you were disappointed with your accommodation and the food. With regards to the prices charged for dishes, we are in line with other 5 star properties and we do benchmark ourselves regular to make sure we are in line. However saying this we have noted your comments and will escalate them on your behalf.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at hotel for 2 nights to celebrate our 1st anniversary - mentioned this when booking - but this wasn't acknowledged during our stay. Room was spacious, but could have done with some aircon. Dreadful service in the Oak Hall and terrace. On both occasions - once on terrace and once inside the hall I had to get up and find a waitress to serve us after waiting for 5-10 mins for anyone to come over. Oakes Grill was fine - staff friendly and breakfast was fine. But the Zodiac restaurant was very disappointing. Billed as fine dining, it was anything but. Very poor service. We asked if we could move to another table - away from from noisy diners nearby. Was told we couldn't as someone else was going to sit there. They subsequently came in and then asked to move themselves - they were duly accommodated. Had to wait an age to order food and wine. We both agreed both our starters and mains were bland and lacking in flavour. At no point did anyone ask if everything was ok or if we had enjoyed our meal. I tried asking for the bill a couple of times - eventually had to get up and ask to pay on the way out. Again wasn't asked if we had had a nice evening or enjoyed our meal. I said we were fed up of waiting and disappointed - but once more there was no acknowledgement of this. My advice - don't waste your money in the Zodiac restaurant. Disappointing overpriced food, with a lack of atmosphere and dis-interested staff.
But the hotel is set in some great grounds.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Michael399
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review following your stay with us at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary.

Firstly I must apologise that your anniversary was not acknowledged during your stay and your accommodation was hot. We are currently reviewing the air-conditioning for potential future development as we do not have this in any of our rooms.

Secondly, I was pleased to read your feedback regarding the Oakes Grill restaurant however I was most concerned to hear your comments regarding the food and service you encountered in the Zodiac restaurant, for which I can but apologise. As you would expect I have sat down with my Director of Operations and Executive Chef who are looking at your feedback as this should not be the case.

Thank you once again for your review; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Berkshire, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hanbury Manor is a beautiful Marriott property.

It has very friendly and helpful staff.

The food is outstanding and I would recommend eating here.

So why only three stars? Our room never fell below 32'c in temperature, because of the hot and humid weather. No air con was available. The worst issue was however that we were not able to fully open windows to let in fresh air, because of 'health and safety concerns'. Because of this, we had a sleepless night, in very high temperatures. Marriott needs to either provide mobile air con units when the weather is so hot, or allow adults to be adults and be able to open windows.

A great example of 'elf and safety' gone mad!

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your review following your stay with us at Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club.

It was indeed pleasing to read that you found my staff helpful and friendly and you enjoyed the food. I will make sure to pass these comments on to my team. Saying this I am sorry that your accommodation was hot which resulted in you being uncomfortable. We are currently reviewing the air-conditioning for potential future development as we do not have this in any of our rooms.

Thank you once again for your review and I do hope that we will have the occasion of being of service to you again.

Govert Deketh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ware
Sopwell House
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
Tewin Bury Farm Hotel
#1 of 5 in Welwyn Garden City

Been to Hanbury Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!