“Bad Food Poor Service”

Bella Nola
Ranked #30 of 87 Restaurants in Ware
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
“Bad Food Poor Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Was there as a large party and was hoping for good food and entertainment. That's a joke. We had all pre ordered before arriving yet still waited an hour for our starters, when the starters arrived in dribs and drabs un edible squid with poor attempt of garnish, waited a while for table to be cleared to another wait for our mains, yet again not edible seafood risotto, with bits of shell and fish tails mixed through under cooked rice so I told the waitress to remove it from the bill she said OK, when paying the risotto was still on the bill and when I question this the owner who was very rude told me that I had to pay as I'd been listening to the singer that had cost him £250. This place should not try to cater for large parties as clearly can't cope.
will not visit again and will not be recommending to friends or even enermies!!!!

2 Thank Bobbie L

“Loved the food and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for a business lunch with a client. Loved the food and the staff are amazing, they made us feel like part of their family. Will be going back next week!

Braintree
“Rubbish food - even bad value for money with a groupon voucher”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I went along on a Monday night to have a bite to eat with a friend using a groupon voucher. Upon arriving we were told that they no served ANY pizza so pasta was only included in the 2 course meal. We ordered 2 starters to share which were shocking. Deep fried mushrooms were over cooked and hard and the prawn cocktail was a pile of wet lettuce with a few prawns on top with some really bland sauce. The main courses weren't any better and when we asked what was in the dessert choices included in the voucher it was tiramisu or vanilla ice cream. We had one of each. The tiramisu was so bad that my friends has one spoonful and left it and my ice cream was really rubbish. Like a previous reviewer said - manky catering pack icecream. The service left a lot to be desired. We were 'rushed' and pestered all the way through. We won't be going back - even with a voucher!!! Don't waste your money!

1 Thank 2010missbear
Essex, UK
“BAD FOOD - DON'T GO THERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a Groupon voucher and arrived at 6pm last night. We were the only customers - that should have been the first clue. The chef/owner? took our order wearing "whites" which were dirty. He was unfriendly and cold. I ordered lasagne which was a dish of goo. It was just lasagne sheets, cheese and tomato paste, hardly any meat. I complained to the waitress (who appeared in the restaurant 5 mins previous) and at no time did the owner/chef visit our table to apologise. My husband ordered ice-cream for dessert, assuming it would be Italian ice-cream, but the waitress went to the upright freezer situated immediately behind our table and took out a large catering-sized economy ice-cream tub. The owner has obviously given up - he should be embarrassed to serve such stuff, I can't even describe as food. When I refused to pay for my food, he still didn't come over to our table, simply sent the young waitress to state that we didn't have to pay for the meal.

3 Thank CURLYSANDY
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Good Fun & Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited the Balla Nova last week, it was just a spur of the moment thing.... We arrived and there was an Elvis tribute act in mid swing. The restaurant was quite full for a Thursday evening but we managed to gat a good seat just away from the singer but close enough to see.
The food we ordered came within reasonable time and was very good. Service wasn't a problem at all and the waitress was polite. We finished our meal and stayed a while longer to enjoy the last part of the act.
A nice enjoyable evening, good quality food and we will visit again when in Ware.

• Visited July 2014