“Great food and Good beer!”
Review of The Swan

The Swan
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Loddon
Price range: US$12 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
east
“Great food and Good beer!”
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We tried the Swan last year after it re-opened and were really pleased with what we found. We came again last week and found that things were just as good if not better. i had mussels and my wife had a delicious steak , quite simple but really well cooked. Washed down with some good local beer I couldn't have asked for any more. I would recommend the Swan to anyone!

• Visited January 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Should have listened to my instinct”
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We first tried the Swan the day it re-opened and swore then "never again" ! Expensive, slow and poorly cooked.
We had heard good reviews and thought we would see if the teething problems had been ironed out. Unfortunately not.
After an hour and a half we had only had our starters and could not understand the long wait as we had all ordered from the daily specials. When they eventually arrived my pork was cold and such a huge slab of meat that it was dry and tough - could have made use of a steak knife.
My companion ordered medium rare beef (hard to produce different styles of roast beef from a joint surely?) but when it arrived it was so rare we took it home for the dog! The roast potatoes were soggy on the outside and raw on the inside.
It is such a shame that the main courses were so poor (and expensive) as the starters were truly delicious.
The final straw I'm afraid was having to walk past the chef smoking outside!!!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Superpeggy
Norwich, United Kingdom
“amazing venue, food and service.”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

I wanted to book a venue in the Loddon area to hold a surprise 50th birthday "Sunday Roast lunch" themed party for my wife with 26 guests.
As soon as I saw the upstairs function room at the Loddon Swan I knew this was the place for the party it is stunning, so warm and cosy, but it did not stop there.
The help I received with planning and guidance in arranging the lunch /party from Allyson and her team was second to none, Allyson's enthusiasm to make the day special was so comforting and I just knew the lunch/ party was going to be special, and it was.
We were served the most amazing food and wine with not one negative comment from our 26 guests, and to hear our guests commenting after the lunch about the "best roast beef and pork they have ever had" was music to my ears.
I wanted the party to be special, something my wife will remember and treasure, The Loddon Swan, Alyson and her team made it happen way beyond my expectation's and I cannot thank and reccoment them enough.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Richard W
BEDFORD
“Superb as before!”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Visited The Swan with our daughter and grandson on 20 October - the staff were welcoming, the service was brilliant and the food was, in my grandson's words "Absolutely delicious"! He has dietary problems and the staff bent over backwards to provide him with his dinner. The manageress even took time out from her function upstairs to come down to talk to us. All four had something different and we were all really impressed. The bill was very reasonable and excellent value for money. We will be going again!

• Visited October 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good all round experience...”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

A group of 6 of us visited for an informal supper one midweek evening. We were warmly welcomed, and looked after perfectly well for a gastro-pub style of operation. The food was more interesting than other similar local places, and all in all we all left feeling that we had had good value for money, but all agreed it was more pricey than we had expected (fortunately most of us were driving or it could have been much more expensive!). It does suffer the challenge of the clash of the local drinkers v visiting eaters, but there isn't very much that can be done about it - we all felt the tables in the bar area were more convivial than the red carpeted dining room for us, so we were more in amongst it than we had to be, as there are other areas to eat, and we all managed to ignore the men at the bar!

• Visited September 2012