Never have I travelled so far and for so long and yet been completely delighted with the destination. My experiences at the Misool Eco Resort in the Raja Ampat Region of Indonesia mitigated the arduous nature of the adventurous journey to get there.
MER is not a typical tourist destination. You will not find hoards of fellow tourists, crowded museums, polluted air, shopping, or frankly any of the normal accoutrements found at typical vacation resorts around the world. What you will find:
1) Comfortable air conditioned private well designed water cottages with stairs leading from the deck into the Chrystal clear water below.
2) Breathtaking vistas in every direction.
3) Delicious meals with an Indonesian flair.
4) A well designed and equipped dive center staffed by competent and friendly dive professionals.
5) The most remarkable and beautiful dive sites in the world replete with an amazing array of underwater flora and fauna protected by nearly 1500 sq km of no kill zones located within the Raja Ampat Shark and Manta Sanctuary.
6) A friendly and accommodating staff catering to all needs.
7) Relaxing massages provided in the most beautiful setting imaginable
8) Hosts Andrew, Marit, and Sahul Miners who will challenge imaginations of guests with their stories of converting a shark finning station into an eco friendly and a world class dive and snorkeling resort.
9) Friendly like minded compatible fellow guests.
10) A photographer’s paradise.
My decision to spend nearly two weeks at this remarkable dive resort was made before I ever considered learning to dive. After nearly 7 decades of fearing sharks and other underwater creatures, I decided to become certified as a SCUBA diver. I completed the initial pool and class instruction in Pennsylvania and was skillfully guided through the open water dives at the resort. The only downside to my incredible experience is that I doubt I will be able to dive anywhere else in the world. I must return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misool Eco Resort is an exclusive dive resort and conservation center located in the southern part of Raja Ampat, Indonesia. Our private resort island is nestled deep in a vast archipelago of uninhabited islands, in the heart of marine biodiversity. Our island and our scuba dive sites are surrounded by our very own 1220 sq km No-Take Zone. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Misool Eco Hotel Raja Ampat