Airport Harbour View Motel
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Rockfield Motel(Auckland Central)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsstayed herefacing the roadclose to the train stationauckland city centerharbour viewgreat place to staysky tvminute walkenjoyed my stayeasy walkexcellent staystay there againfree wifibed was comfortablemotorwaynoiseearplugs
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My three teenage children and myself stayed at the Motel. It was like a home away from home. So comfortable, crisp & clean. The rooms are spacious with both a TV & DVD player for the kids. I decided to book this Motel because it is just a short trip to Manukau to Rainbows end, which is where we went for the day. We got clear instructions on how to get there from the very friendly staff. It was so nice to relax that night with a complimentary drink, and wake up refreshed with a nice cup of tea (all made in the kitchen). The bathroom was very roomy, and clean. The linen was crisp clean and white. The rooms are so lovely, and exactly as pictured on the website. A very enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend this Motel to everyone. Thank you so much. E Pope.

Room Tip: There is a dog friendly room available.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank E P
Reviewed 26 November 2011

We had the worst sleep ever. My children even complained about not getting any sleep. A shipping container was being unloaded and the road traffic was terrible. Ear plugs were supplied, however they did not help. We drove 6 hours to the airport and planned to stay the night so we could rest for the drive back. I had read the reviews on trip advisor and nothing had been mentioned about noise so I thought we would have been O.K. Next time I go anywhere I will phone the hotel and check about noise levels.

Room Tip: I mentioned the noise to staff and was informed that some of the rooms are being double glazed.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Dika47
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed at Airport Harbour View Motel this weekend with a group of friends and was pleasantly surprised. While it looked nice on the website I was still anxious as to what it was going to really be like. However, it was fantastic! Great hospitality from Aaron and Rozita, nothing was a problem. The rooms were clean, comfy and provided everything we needed. Perfect location, and Aaron kindly transported us to and from our conference. There is some traffic noise, but that is easily fixed by the ear plugs that are provided in each room. All in all, a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 3 November 2011

After a long day which SHOULD have ended at home in Wellington, I found myself in Auckland airport at 11pm with no accommodation booked. Following a colleague's impulse, I called this motel and, yes, they had rooms for us, at a sensible price; I said we'd be there as soon as we found a taxi and the voice on the phone said they'd collect us. By 11:45, I was sinking into a warm, comfy bed, knowing there would be transport back to the airport in the morning for my next attempt to get home.

Everything is clean, practical and comfortable; well equipped and well looked after.

Room Tip: Upstairs will give you a better view of the water.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Great little hotel - well-appointed, clean and tidy, without all the pretentiousness and faux-glamour of a chain hotel. The hosts, Carol and Paul, and the owner, Aaron, were very accomodating - even drove us to Eden Park for the rugby and pointed out some great pubs and restuarants nearby! The location is useful - halfway between Auckland CDB and the airport, and train station is 2 minutes away. Great value for money!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends