“Marvellous”

Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Pentewan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The gardens are amazing. It's a beautiful place to spend a few hours. I particularly like the jungle walk and the brid hide. Could spend hours just watching the birds alone.
Have visited in March, June and September - each time the gardens give you a different view. My visit earlier this month was interesting............watching the numerous gardeners preparing for the proper spring weather. Looking forward to seeing the flowers in bloom come June. Please visit, it's well worth it!

Write a ReviewReviews (5,533)
All reviews
"rope bridge"
in 678 reviews
"jungle area"
in 247 reviews
"eden project"
in 469 reviews
"lost gardens of heligan"
in 313 reviews
in 55 reviews
"salad"
in 69 reviews

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The £29 family entry was a bit of a shock, but after reading the reviews I was determined to visit, we are so glad we did. Even on a cold, grey April day, when many of the spring flowers hadn't blossomed because of the long winter it was still delightful. The children loved exploring the jungle, and finding the mud sculptures. The wildlife hide was great, we saw so many birds on the feeders including a woodpecker. If we lived nearer we would certainly be season ticket holders, as I would love to explore through different seasons.
Certainly enjoyed it more than a previous visit to the Eden project.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

A very interesting garden with a wealth of history and fantastic views and walks.
Very cold over Easter which detracted a little for the visit but all in all that was not the fault of the garden.
Plenty of variation from woodlands to kitchen garden, vinery to formal, there is something for everyone. Take good walking shoes you will need them

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Wonderful sunny day in Cornwall and my 8 year old daughter, wife and I enjoyed leisurely strolling around the beautiful gardens.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We enjoyed visiting but the cold winter meant there were limited plants/attractions to see. I really feel a discount should be offered in the entrace fee which has just been increased to £13. Having said all that the tropical garden was still lovely and luckily we had saved the best till last. Perhaps another visit at a more "productive" time would be on the cards. One massive negative was the watery tasteless dishwater (labelled as hot chocolate) in the little cafe - not the main eatery in the entrance. I think it was the worst hot chocolate I've ever experienced.