“What a day !”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a day !”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

If you want a brilliant day out with some cracking guidance,fun & entertainment then this is the place to go for a real rally experience. At the end of the day I was shattered after having to concentrate so hard trying to keep the car on the track - You really are in the cars a lot and its a constant.go go go. The location is a tad muddy but then it is a rally course and without mud there's no sliding those cars - I just suggest you bring a change of shoes for the end of the day. All the staff are excellent in all aspects, they know there stuff and are also fun to be with and they really do want you to make the most of the day.A buffet lunch was provided which was again spot on - And just to finish day off you have a competition with all the other drivers which again is great fun - Just don't spin off the track like me!!
I would highly recommend this event for anyone. You will be guaranteed a fabulous day

Visited May 2014

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The best rally school in the country!!”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have just had another great day at Phil Price Rally School .
I just read the review from "My Turn 123" and cannot comprehend where he is coming from with his unjust comments. I have been several times before and it's a really great day, so for those of you who have never been this is the format of the day that I have experienced each time and I certainly did not spend most of the day watching others drive!
The morning starts with a warm welcome and a briefing with use of a short video where Phil explains the basics of car control, under steer, over steer, left foot braking etc.
Once he has run through the basics, we all then head outside to the main track that is used for practice. It is made up of varying corners and cambers not very fast but perfect for learning car control.
We each take turns in going out in a car for several laps on our own - giving each person the opportunity to have a quick go at the course, and for the instructors (3 including Phil) to get an insight into how you drive. Instructors have electronic cut outs for the cars, so any problems they can cut out the engine at any time for safety purposes.
After everyone has had a go, you then go out as a passenger with an instructor, then you take the driving seat and have laps with the instructor beside you to help you work on areas you need to improve on.
While this is going on, Phil takes whoever is not out driving out in a Group N spec Subaru Impreza around the main rally course (This 3 miles stage is used by top world teams for pre-event testing) to give you an idea of what that is like.
During the day, a number of different cars are used. For the practice stage which is used all day there are 2 cars which are Subaru Impreza's.
The Impreza's are converted to RWD, and handle very much like Mk 2 escorts.
The day continues with 2 cars out on the short circuit, with who-ever is not driving going out with Phil in the Grp N Impreza - this is a really good way of doing things, as due to the small number of people on the day, you spend very little time out of the cars - usually enough time to grab a drink, or go to the loo before you're back out again.
Lunch is around 12:30-1 pm for half an hour or so, which includes a buffet lunch, with plenty of food and drinks.
Phil explains all about co-driving and use of pace-notes.
After lunch we are back out in the cars. The difference this time though is we all drive the course in anti-clockwise direction, this way it is like driving a different course and means 'learning' all over again!
While this is going on, whoever is not driving now gets to drive the main stage in the Impreza Phil took us out in earlier in the day. The car is dual controlled - this is great as the stage has trees, rocks and big drops over the side. Phil sits passenger with you and reads out pace notes around the stage - it's amazing how difficult it is to drive quickly on a stage you don't know, with someone shouting instructions out to you . With Phil's experience he takes things as slow or as quickly as you are comfortable with.
Once everyone had driven the stage, Phil gets his Subaru Impreza for our passenger ride at competition speed around the main stage. It is awesome and a real eye opener into the skill of professional rally drivers!
Then to finish off the day it's the competitions! A series of laps against the clock competing with the other's on the course.
This is a great ending to the day, in reality it's only a bit of fun but the chance of 'winning' means everyone is pumping with adrenalin!
I have no complaints about Phil Price Rally School. I can't praise them enough and in my opinion it is great value for money. Phil & staff are friendly and enthusiastic and pack all the driving time they can into the day for you.
If "My Turn 123" thought he should have been in the car all day then he should have paid for 1-1 tuition. Strikes me though, that he would still probably complain that he didn't get enough driving !

London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Fantastic !”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is ridiculously good fun. We had an absolutely incredible time ! We were on the one day intense course. This was our first driving experience and what an awesome one it was at that.

The day started with a review of what rallying is, what to expect, a quick technical lesson on how to do it before letting us into the cars. The car driving was well structured with two cars working on the track. As one person/car was on the track, the next person/car was kerbside and getting ready, as soon as the turn was over they drove off and the new car drove on. Once out you had enough time to gather your wits, get some tips before going out again. They rotated through different teaching methods - sometimes on your own, sometimes with a teacher in the passenger, sometimes them driving. All in all it was an effective and fun way to learn the basic skills - before you know it you're skidding sideways around the corner with style! Or in my case without any style ! But I was doing it ! Phil, John and Cakey were all excellent highly skilled drivers and teachers (and nice people) who really made the day.

At some point in the afternoon you're taken out on the "big track" at race speed by an experienced driver. Absolutely TERRIFYING! And gives you a true idea of what real rally driving is about.

Lastly, the day finishes with some races. All in all a GREAT day out, learnt some rally skills and had a lot of fun.

1 Thank randomusername1567
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“great fun”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We took our son as an 18th birthday treat. He had such a good day and we knew what to expect, unlike MyTurn123. It was very well organised and the in-car time was maximised. Obviously it is not realistic to expect to be in a car 100% of the day. Even as spectators on a wet, rainy Welsh day, we enjoyed the experience. Phil Price and his staff were very friendly and knowledgeable and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. Drinks were in constant supply and the lunch was fine. We agree with The T! Our son had a totally fun and enjoyable day.

1 Thank carol p
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Day”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hello all,

I attended in april 2014 as a guest & it was a great day for all involved.
Every smiling 'Fun' all the way, great people.

I have just read the review below by my turn 123 & I must say it's 'very silly'

Read his review & look at his avatar picture, seems he wants to blame the rally school for his own 'Inadequacies' of which i'm sure there are many !!

QUOTE - my turn 123
(the mud gets everywhere- it was on my clothes, trainers, coat and even in my hair. It of course end up in my own car when leaving as did a huge amount of dust from the entry roads)

Says it all really !! He went to a rally school in a welsh forest & got mud on his trainers & his car got dusty - Well I never !!

Read all the other reviews from genuine people who read the PPRS brochure beforehand, attended the day, listened to the Great Instructors & had a blast.

Book it, you'll love it