“A great place - clean, very friendly, relaxed”
Review of Biergarten Hostel

Biergarten Hostel
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Clean, bright and good rooms. I stayed for two nights in the 3 bed room upstairs with normal beds (no bunk beds to be clear :) Highly recommend investing this little money more! Very comfortable beds with good mattresses. Lockers in the room!

The hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere and a welcoming attitude by all of its friendly and helpful staff! The owner gave me really good advice on which trails/beaches to do at best what days given my time. Very notable is their cool handling of last minute cancellations despite hostelworld booking (I called the same day in the afternoon as I would not make it to the island because of traffic meltdown in Rio de Janeiro). And Kristina, the Argentinian woman, was always up for a nice chat during her shifts and told me about some party/bars.

I easily met other fun travellers downstairs at the breakfast/dining area. Breakfast was the best included one I had during my 10 weeks trip through various hostels with ham, cheese, eggs, jam, fruit, cereals, coffee, tea, cake & biscuits.

There is a buffet restaurant directly in front and belonging to the hostel - good price value! I did not use the kitchen but it looked well equipped and clean like the whole hostel. Sanitary rooms were sufficient, well funcional design and very clean.

Overall I had a great time at the Biergarten Hostel and I definitely recommend staying there!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

This is a long overdue review, I stayed at the Biergarten Hostel back in August 2012 in the 8 bed dorm I think it was, and it was really really nice. The hostel is small/boutique, but the owner was awesome and made you feel completely at home. We did not want to leave! It was very clean, and in a great location. The breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay at this place again if we ever return!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sheree_Stewart7
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in a number of hostels throughout Europe and South America, and the Biergarten may be the best I've stayed in. It feels less like a busy, claustrophobic hostel and more like a tropical refuge. The owners are lovely and helpful, and the hostel was really clean. The rooms are airy and clean (plus they have air-con) and the communal spaces are really unique; they even have hammocks! Also part of the hostel is an equally recommended bar and buffet restaurant, open to guests and non-guests alike (guests get a small discount). In any case, I would highly recommend Biergarten, and feel so lucky I was able to get a bed there, as it really made my Ilha Grande visit feel all the more special. In short, highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hostal for 2 nights, and that was not enough. The hostal is very clean, I had the private room with bathroom, it was large and comfortable. Luiz, the owner was very friendly and informative. Ilha Grande is a beautiful place, seriously...I can't wait to go back, next time for a least 5 days.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights.
Really clean hostel! (I think the wife of the owner is cleaning all day) and good location.
Staff is really friendly and very helpfull and their english is really good.

Thanks for the wonderfull stay at this beautifull island!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Perfect location, cheap, modern, each bed had it's own lamp and plug socket. A nice feel to it and very close to the bars and restaurants. The staff were also very helpful and friendly. Good breakfast selection. Showers weren't great but what can you expect you are on a Brazilian island.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tansyelise
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We were three guys staying here for two nights. Charming hostel with helpful staff and clean rooms with aircondition. Also a usable kitchen if you want cheap meals. The location is near the beach and stores.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
#5 of 25 in Vila do Abraao
Welcome Surf Hostel
Welcome Surf Hostel
#12 of 87 in Ilha Grande

Been to Biergarten Hostel? Share your experiences!