“Has potential”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Has potential”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Good layout, nice views. However, when we were there the grass was still dormant, there was no real club house, and just a bbq with hotdogs. We still had a great time though. It's a fun course and has some great holes. It has a lot of potential to be a great course!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank MelNFV

Las Vegas, Nevada
138 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 173 helpful votes
“Course layout is quirky and landscaping needs to mature”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I had high expectations for this golf course, but there were too many negatives for me to rate it higher, though I could see my rating go up a few years from now.

This course is new and when I played it felt like the grass hadn't grown in fully yet. Many of the fairways were thin and there were a lot of rough patches. I don't care about things like temporary buildings or lack of a regular restaurant, etc. All I care about is the golf course and it was lacking. The front nine design was awkward and included an uphill par-four that was ridiculous. My friend and I are both decent golfers and there is no way either of us hitting the best shots of our lives could have gotten on the green in regulation. It was unfair, and the layout in general felt unfair on a number of holes.

On the plus side, the back nine had a lot of good holes and felt less tricked up. Also, since this course is in the middle of nowhere it means there are no houses on the course to muddy up the great views.

I think once this course matures it will play a little better. But it could also use a redesign to clean up some of the holes.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank mauiwolf
49th State
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Wow - great course with stupendous views”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

We did not know what to expect. Friends had told us to take lots of golf balls and our camera. The greens are spongy yet fast. The course is difficult, but yet very fun. The views from every hole are wonderful and we can't wait to return. A complimentary hot lunch is also provided which was a treat during our round.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank MPS3AMom
San Diego
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A golf course worth the drive from St. George, Utah”
Reviewed 29 October 2011

This new golf course is a leisurely, scenic 40 minute drive from St. George. The terrain is amazing w/ barancas, water features, and beautiful vistas from every tee box, green, and fairway. The folks are friendly and low key and the elevation is higher than the courses around St George so on a hot day, this is the course to play. The club house is a series of small trailer/structures so ambiance is not the attraction here. If that's what you prefer, check out Entrada, Coral Canyon or Valderra. The featured attraction here is the golf course. The track is challenging so bring your "A" game and extra golf balls. This course is easily the most visually interesting and challenging course we've played in the area and that includes Entrada, Sand Hollow, and all the courses in St. George. My wife played well so tee boxes are fair if you pick the right one to play from. The green fees ($50) include cart and lunch. The lunch isn't your normal hot dogs and burgers; on the day we played we enjoyed pan fried tilapia w/ hollandaise sauce over wild rice. The day before the chef prepared pork chops for the golfers.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Golfn2day2
Las Vegas, NV
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Amazing hidden golf gem with great scenery!”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I had the pleasure of playing Kokopelli Golf Club this past Labor Day weekend, and was very impressed with the whole experience. The club sits on a bluff overlooking St. George, Utah with views all the way into Zion National Park and the surrounding red rock country side. As you drive out of St. George through Hurricane and then out into the bluffs, it's hard to imagine there is a golf course actually out there. Once you arrive, you can see why they chose this location - remote, but definitely worth the drive!

We met Bob, the golf pro at the club who was extrememly friendly, helpful and ready to make sure we had a great day. Our round included a cooked lunch on the grill in their amazing gazebo area which was a great way to finish a great day. The course sits at 4,500 feet in elevation, so the morning was chilly until the sun came up.

The course winds in and around some of the wildest terrain I have ever seen. Canyons, arroyos, low lands, scrub pines, and mountainsides are the trademark of this expansive course and you can spend the entire day soaking up some of Southern Utah's best scenery. The greens were soft so they would take our approaches, but very fast and fun. The fairways were wide enough that I didn't feel pressured to hit every shot perfectly, but tight enough to make me think hard about the whole round. You won't hit driver on every hole. Definitely a thinking course. They boast what Bob told us is the 9th toughest hole in Utah, a 246 yard par 3 over a black rock canyon that is one of the toughest I have ever played. Hit one from the back just to see if you can make it.

The diversity of this course will blow you away. I haven't seen too many courses that have these kind of visuals the entire way. Once you get on top of the last three mountainside holes, the views are stunning and you feel on top of the world. Check out the pics. We even ran across a furry friend or two to keep us company out on the links!

I would put this in your "must play" list in the area along with Sand Hollow, Coral Canyon, Sky Mountain and Coyote Springs just inside the Nevada border.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank TheVegasTrippers

Been to Kokopelli Golf Club? Share your experiences!