“Worth a visit ...”

and up
Milan Shopping Tour: Vicolungo The Style Outlets
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Vicolungo
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went to Vicolungo en route to Milan in poor weather and spent a couple of hours going round the shops. There's a wide variety although relatively few Italian designer brands compared to,say, Bicester in the UK. My favourite brand, Boggi, was in evidence with a good range of clothing and some friendly and helpful staff and the Armani shop was extensive. My wife tells me that Twin-Set was largely for young people ... My impression of prices was that they're about 30% below retail overall.

Easy to find on the motorway, well equipped with cafes and an awful lot of shops if that's what you're looking for! It's worth a visit.

1  Thank MartincUk
in 3 reviews
in 2 reviews
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 22 February 2014

If you are on the way from Malpensa to the mountains of Aosta to ski e.g. in Feb, it is worth a visit as there are reduced prices on many items and plenty of shops. You can also enjoy a quick lunch and kids have a small playground.

1  Thank angrybird40
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Just to put it out there, I'm a guy and I hate shopping. But, my wife is the opposite. She was VERY excited about going to Milan and shopping. Having been there before, I warned her that shopping in Milan was fragmented and expensive. In my mind, shopping in New York City is better, easier, and (if you know where to go) cheaper. But, she wouldn't listen. So, it was very disappointing to her when she found that Milan was exactly as I had described it. If you want cutting-edge fashion, then Milan is probably as good as Paris but, otherwise, it's difficult if not impossible to find good bargains.

To the Milanese, the concept of an outlet mall is appalling - we actually had our hotel concierge recoil in dismay when we asked about the outlet centers around Milan ("But it's last year's catalog!!!"). Without question, everyone thought that the Serravalle center was the best outlet but we didn't want to spend 4 hours in round-trip travel so Vicolungo was the best second choice. We were staying in Legnano near Malpensa Airport, so the drive only took us around 40 minutes each way.

I can't tell you what we spent, but we literally filled the car with our purchases. There's a wide assortment of Italian goods, most at much better prices than you'd find in Milan (or even at the outlet centers in New York for the same goods).

Unfortunately, towards the end of our visit, my wife's wallet was stolen by an astoundingly good pickpocket. We don't blame Vicolungo - it could happen anywhere. But, we do applaud the center police for helping us to cancel her credit cards and guide us in what we should do. They spent a lot of time with us (my wife was, understandably, distressed), gave us access to their computers (to get contact info), and allowed us to call our credit card companies back in the States. Everyone was obviously unhappy that we had experienced theft on their "home turf" and went out of their way to help us.

We highly recommend Vicolungo. Just be extra-special careful with your money and ID - if you're buying as much as we did, your wallet is constantly being used and you're distracted by the shopping experience so the bad guys can have a field day if you're not especially situationally aware.

10  Thank avy8r
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We are an English couple who have made Italy our home. When it comes to buying Christmas and Birthday presents for family abroad, it's normally a nightmare, because retail choice in our region has been very fragmented.
The new Vicolungo Style Outlet,now offer a vast selection of good quality 'Italian branded goods' so this years shopping has been accomplished in a very pleasurable one day outing.
Be it for residents our holiday makers (perhaps on a rainy day) we'd highly recommend this venue.
We live near Lake Maggiore and the journey mostly by auto strada was about 45 minutes.

2  Thank David W
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We went here on our way back from Carisio- as we had had to hire a car to go to Carisio we thought we would call in here on the way back. It was OK although we didn't buy anything except some socks for my grandson, 1 euro a pair.There were a few bargains to be had in 'Kipling' handbags but I really didn't need another handbag.Desigual was good (cheaper than the UK) but we had recently been to Spain.There were other shops which were well out of my price range.Think Pink had lovely jackets but they were 'odd' sizes. The coffee shop was good and so was the restaurant where we had lunch was also good.