“The perfect getaway.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
new york city
“The perfect getaway.”
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Quiet. Beautiful Ocean Views. Private Beach. Elegant and understated. Friendly service. The perfect getaway if doing little and recharging is your thing. It really is paradise.

My only dislike would be the food. And I should state here that the food was good, however, (and this might be because we went slightly off season at the beginning of April) buffets seemed to be the only real option. They did have a set menu but the choice felt limited to me. As a result, the nightly buffets were the next best option. Again the food was good and it's a very small complaint. I just think I would've liked to have seen a bit more choice on the set menu. After all, the hotel does boast about it's culinary accolades.

My only other comment would be that the food was on the expensive side for what you get (think 35-40 dollar entrees) coming from New York, for that price the bar is pretty high and in that regard, I think they failed to deliver.

Overall though, the place was pretty faultless. Just expect to spend a good deal on food and drink as there are no alternative dining / drink options nearby.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blazesboylan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Fabulous setting, fine dining, impeccable service, and warm Jamaican hospitality. Feels like we are coming home every time we visit. Amazing view of the sunset on Round Hill Bay.
Fabulous Spa treatments and exercise classes overlooking the bay. Great for a romantic getaway or an extended family trip.

Room Tip: Cottage 1- pool and sunset view!
2 Thank Jdel7797
London
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had two rooms right on the oceanfront - one upstairs with gorgeous sea views through huge wooden shutters, and one downstairs with direct access to the beach - just steps away. The decor was quite beach chic - lots of white with splashes of colour and lovely bathrooms. These rooms are great value or there are also villa suites and villas scattered on the hillside - which we gathered were very stylish too and most with pools. The hotel was pretty full but it didn't seem busy. There's a Spa in a gorgeous restored building along the bay which was out of this world. Really relaxing treatments and the therapists were superb. We tried one to one yoga sessions too.
We were only there a couple of days as on business but would go back with our families in a shot. Just such a lovely resort setting. .

Room Tip: Easy from the UK as only 20 mins from airport
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 4 April 2011

As soon as we arrived on the property, our stress started to fade. My wife, myself and my 20 year old son had visited before and could not wait to return for spring break. The villa we stayed in had its own infinity pool that overlooked the bay (cottage 1). The staff was friendly and genuinely cared about our experience. The food was delicious with healthy choices for every meal. Considering this was our second visit, we felt obligated to leave the resort and visited Mayfeild falls. Bad roads, beautiful scenery, worth the trip. If you want to embrace nature while still being pampered, than this is the place. Say hello to KIngsley.

Room Tip: Call and speak to the staff.
New York, NY
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently for a 5 day getaway and were very impressed. We stayed in an oceanfront room, which was recently renovated and beautifully decorated. The staff was extremely pleasant, very attentive, and more professional than most. The food was excellent, albeit slightly on the expensive side. The beach is small, but very nice, with many recreational options and a great pool for when you don't feel like being in the sand.

Overall, there is an intimate feel to this resort which we felt was at the core of its appeal. There are few rooms, the staff is small and they get to know you, and the body of people staying there seems to be largely made up of repeat visitors.

Of note, I had a small emergency while I was there, bumping my head after receiving a concussion while skiing a week earlier. A second head trauma in a week can be very serious, and even more stressful. The staff handled the issue with grace, getting a doctor to come to my room immediately, and then quickly arranging for transport to a local clinic (still accompanied by the doctor I trusted) for a quick x-ray. In a country where urgency is sometimes lacking, I was amazed at how quickly and professionally they dealt with the situation, leaving me relieved about the status of my health, and amazed that I was back on the beach within 2 hours of the incident.

Overall, I can't emphasize enough how positive our experience was. We will certainly return for additional vacations at Round Hill.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Knickerbocker001
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2011

we just returned home from an 8 day stay with our 2 children. Round Hill is just amazing. the staff are a collection of the nicest people you will ever meet. buffets are abound but the food is very good. they did have a fine dining situation with menu service, but have temporarily removed it, but not a big deal. very difficult to be dissapointed with this place. rooms are spotless and the beds are extremely comfortable. they go out of their way to make you feel satisfied. fantastic old fashioned superior service. the time spent at RH makes indelible memories for our family together.

1 Thank DCOJ
boston, ma
Reviewed 27 March 2011

We traveled here with our 3 year old and 15-month-old. It's the first time we've been on what felt like an adult vacation, only with our children. We stayed in a small two bedroom (part of a larger set of villa buildings), attached by a bath, with a large porch where we spent our down time and had breakfast served each morning. The staff here is amazing - they genuinely love children. We had a nanny we adored, as did our kids, which allowed us to do a couple of things on our own. Food was great - we ended up keeping the nanny around through dinner as it starts at 7:30 and the couple of times we tried to bring our kids they fell asleep at the table! The cooked to order breakfast was our best family meal. Also adored the spa - my husband had what he said was his best deep tissue massage ever and I had a body scrub which was also excellent. My husband enjoyed tennis, taking a couple of lessons with the staff there. A couple of things I wished I'd known: 1. the nanny will bill you directly and prefers to be paid in cash, though you can pay through the hotel. 2. the front desk will give you a cash advance if you ask for one.
I strongly recommend this hotel for families with young children - they couldn't have been more accommodating.

1 Thank ko13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!