Having stayed at a 5 star hotel in Hawaii [Kahala Resort] each year for the last 10 I decided to take my youngest son somewhere a little closer to Chicago for his spring break. Had heard about Round Hill but had heard that Jamaica wasnt safe. Very happy I overcame the ill informed comments and made the trip. The Jamaican's I met were welcoming and the vibe was laid back. The resort where I have too admit we spent most of our time was amazing on many levels. Food was very good, the beach was amazing. Shallow for a good distance so user friendly for kids. My son made instant friends and all of them swarmed around the guys taking care of the waterspouts [Stephen was a standout!]. The staff took the kids under their wings and made them instantly feel at home. The rooms which were newly decorated by Ralph Lauren [He owns a place there and was wandering about when we were there so sure he was personally involved] and done in tasteful understatement [go for rooms w decks as afar from main house as possible]. Across the board was impressed with the staffing which included a nurse inn an office next to the pools to handle any small injuries. Only negatives I found with the place is that they need to completely update the gym and also figure out tipping policy. You get charged a service charge and there is an expectation you will tip. I am American and girlfriend is English so confusion reigned given the different attitude to tipping between our two cultures.If Roundhill can get these two things strightened out this place will rank right up there with the best places in the world. I am fortunate to travel all over the world with work and for pleasure and I have to say it was a nice change of pace to stay in a place that felt modern and warm at the same time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, TravelClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay