“In a world filled with 5 star" slick glitz" and chill music Roundhill delivers "Old School " luxury in a modern way”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Having stayed at a 5 star hotel in Hawaii [Kahala Resort] each year for the last 10 I decided to take my youngest son somewhere a little closer to Chicago for his spring break. Had heard about Round Hill but had heard that Jamaica wasnt safe. Very happy I overcame the ill informed comments and made the trip. The Jamaican's I met were welcoming and the vibe was laid back. The resort where I have too admit we spent most of our time was amazing on many levels. Food was very good, the beach was amazing. Shallow for a good distance so user friendly for kids. My son made instant friends and all of them swarmed around the guys taking care of the waterspouts [Stephen was a standout!]. The staff took the kids under their wings and made them instantly feel at home. The rooms which were newly decorated by Ralph Lauren [He owns a place there and was wandering about when we were there so sure he was personally involved] and done in tasteful understatement [go for rooms w decks as afar from main house as possible]. Across the board was impressed with the staffing which included a nurse inn an office next to the pools to handle any small injuries. Only negatives I found with the place is that they need to completely update the gym and also figure out tipping policy. You get charged a service charge and there is an expectation you will tip. I am American and girlfriend is English so confusion reigned given the different attitude to tipping between our two cultures.If Roundhill can get these two things strightened out this place will rank right up there with the best places in the world. I am fortunate to travel all over the world with work and for pleasure and I have to say it was a nice change of pace to stay in a place that felt modern and warm at the same time.

• Stayed: March 2011
There are newer reviews for Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Reviewed 25 April 2011

Round hill resort in montage bay is perfect spot for family. Rooms are spacious
and clean. Staff is friendly and attentive. There are supervised almost camp like activities for youngsters. Water sports, golf and tennis excellent. Food is excellent and plentiful. Bars are great fun. The concierge checked our rooms after we left and found our home keys and called us in our hotel van and sent them to us at the airport. This. Is the attention to detail of the staff which is not only excellent but beyond your expectations. Highly recommend for family trips. We met our family from los Angeles, new York and Austria there.....awesome wonderful experience

Room Tip: Tell reservations your needs
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweingar
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Quiet. Beautiful Ocean Views. Private Beach. Elegant and understated. Friendly service. The perfect getaway if doing little and recharging is your thing. It really is paradise.

My only dislike would be the food. And I should state here that the food was good, however, (and this might be because we went slightly off season at the beginning of April) buffets seemed to be the only real option. They did have a set menu but the choice felt limited to me. As a result, the nightly buffets were the next best option. Again the food was good and it's a very small complaint. I just think I would've liked to have seen a bit more choice on the set menu. After all, the hotel does boast about it's culinary accolades.

My only other comment would be that the food was on the expensive side for what you get (think 35-40 dollar entrees) coming from New York, for that price the bar is pretty high and in that regard, I think they failed to deliver.

Overall though, the place was pretty faultless. Just expect to spend a good deal on food and drink as there are no alternative dining / drink options nearby.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blazesboylan
Reviewed 6 April 2011

Fabulous setting, fine dining, impeccable service, and warm Jamaican hospitality. Feels like we are coming home every time we visit. Amazing view of the sunset on Round Hill Bay.
Fabulous Spa treatments and exercise classes overlooking the bay. Great for a romantic getaway or an extended family trip.

Room Tip: Cottage 1- pool and sunset view!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Jdel7797
Reviewed 4 April 2011

We had two rooms right on the oceanfront - one upstairs with gorgeous sea views through huge wooden shutters, and one downstairs with direct access to the beach - just steps away. The decor was quite beach chic - lots of white with splashes of colour and lovely bathrooms. These rooms are great value or there are also villa suites and villas scattered on the hillside - which we gathered were very stylish too and most with pools. The hotel was pretty full but it didn't seem busy. There's a Spa in a gorgeous restored building along the bay which was out of this world. Really relaxing treatments and the therapists were superb. We tried one to one yoga sessions too.
We were only there a couple of days as on business but would go back with our families in a shot. Just such a lovely resort setting. .

Room Tip: Easy from the UK as only 20 mins from airport
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2011

As soon as we arrived on the property, our stress started to fade. My wife, myself and my 20 year old son had visited before and could not wait to return for spring break. The villa we stayed in had its own infinity pool that overlooked the bay (cottage 1). The staff was friendly and genuinely cared about our experience. The food was delicious with healthy choices for every meal. Considering this was our second visit, we felt obligated to leave the resort and visited Mayfeild falls. Bad roads, beautiful scenery, worth the trip. If you want to embrace nature while still being pampered, than this is the place. Say hello to KIngsley.

Room Tip: Call and speak to the staff.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here recently for a 5 day getaway and were very impressed. We stayed in an oceanfront room, which was recently renovated and beautifully decorated. The staff was extremely pleasant, very attentive, and more professional than most. The food was excellent, albeit slightly on the expensive side. The beach is small, but very nice, with many recreational options and a great pool for when you don't feel like being in the sand.

Overall, there is an intimate feel to this resort which we felt was at the core of its appeal. There are few rooms, the staff is small and they get to know you, and the body of people staying there seems to be largely made up of repeat visitors.

Of note, I had a small emergency while I was there, bumping my head after receiving a concussion while skiing a week earlier. A second head trauma in a week can be very serious, and even more stressful. The staff handled the issue with grace, getting a doctor to come to my room immediately, and then quickly arranging for transport to a local clinic (still accompanied by the doctor I trusted) for a quick x-ray. In a country where urgency is sometimes lacking, I was amazed at how quickly and professionally they dealt with the situation, leaving me relieved about the status of my health, and amazed that I was back on the beach within 2 hours of the incident.

Overall, I can't emphasize enough how positive our experience was. We will certainly return for additional vacations at Round Hill.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Knickerbocker001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 64 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 64 in Montego Bay

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!