Round Hill is very child-friendly and an elegant understatement….small enough for intimacy, yet large enough for critical mass which is rather unique in the Caribbean. The hotel grounds are vast and there is ample space for quiet private space (e.g. in the park around the spa). Yet, children can roam rather freely and feel comfortable and safe as the main hotel/area has an easy layout and the property perimeter is closely guarded.
Throughout the stay, the attention to detail was magnificent. The grounds are meticulously cared for and the beach is clean. We had visited Round Hill in the previous year and noticed minor improvements/fine-tuning which suggests a non-complacent attitude by management. The hotel is very well run. We have traveled to >60 countries on all continents, seen a lot of luxury hotels and rarely go back to the same hotel twice. Round Hill is/was an exception. Overall, one of the best we've seen...particularly when trying to find a break with kids but not being a fan of mega-resorts.
It's difficult to find anything to criticize....perhaps one thing: for those that don’t want to indulge in a full buffet lunch/dinner, the bar menu is rather short and doesn’t change regularly. A little variety (or a longer menu) would be welcome.
We traveled with our two children aged 10 & 11 who also enjoyed it very much despite not having a tv in the hotel room...We stayed on the ground floor (all have patio/balcony)in the Pineapple House (main hotel building) with easy access to the pool for the kids. Upstairs has slightly better views of the sunset, but most rooms have no balcony. During our stay, the clientele was largely 35-55 yr olds couples or families with children aged 5-15...split 50/50 between Americans and Europeans. I recommend using the hotel's transportation option to/from airport ($50) as it's convenient, safe & friendly. Taxi will cost you nearly the same.
We will definitely come back, as have apparently so many others over the years based on comments on this site. Ya, mon !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelClick, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay