“The Best Service in the Carribean”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Tyne & Wear UK
“The Best Service in the Carribean”
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Just got back after visiting with my daughter. The influence of Ralph Lauren can be seen all over the hotel. The manager Joseph greeted all of his customers as though they were long lost friends. A very friendly and family friendly hotel. The service was excellent from the maids to the bar staff. I could not praise it highly enough. Larry at the pool bar will keep you entertained all day. A lot of repeat customers who go every year and either take their own nannies to look after their children or they hire staff from the hotel. Everyone spoke very highly of the service they received. If you hire one of the villas you can hire bar staff or cooks or nannies to look after you. This hotel also has a lot of history. JFK spent his honey moon at this resort. The staff at the childrens club have a real bond with the children and keep them entertained if you want to go to the spa etc. Idyllic for a honeymoon couple too. Altogether a 5* plus resort. Excellent

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Margrowland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 8 July 2011

A six day stay at Round Hill resort was just what I needed after an intensive work conference. It was very relaxing and I really enjoyed my stay.

Two friends and I booked a room in a villa with a semi-private pool and were surprised to find out we had it to ourselves. In addition to our room, we had two living areas, a dining room and a wet bar with a small fridge. Chaise lounges and umbrellas were available by the pool, and fresh towels were left on the lounges every day. Fresh flowers were displayed throughout our rooms and we were welcomed by a note and a bottle of rum. The view from the balcony was spectacular and I was impressed how much privacy the foliage provided so that while we occasionally heard people in neighboring villas, we couldn't see any of them (beyond part of a roof).

I liked that the resort seemed relatively small (as far as how close our villa was to the beach and pool as well as to the bar and restaurant) but never felt crowded. On the few occasions we didn't want to walk from the lobby to the room (when we had luggage, for instance), the staff gave us a lift in a golf cart.

The view from the infinity pool was impressive but I am more of a beach girl so I settled on the beach each day (until the daily thunderstorm). The beach was well-maintained and had two bars as well as a beach attendant to provide towels and rearrange the beach umbrellas. Free water activities included use of kayaks, a paddle boat, snorkel equipment, and a trampoline. Resort staff accompanied my friends on a small sailboat and took one of them snorkeling (she was impressed by the number of fish around the reef). The water was shallow for quite a ways out and there were hardly any waves - my friend remarked how it would be a good place to bring her toddler.

The spa was a short walk from the beach and did not allow children on the tranquility area (chaise lounges on the lawn) or in a small pool. Access to an air-conditioned fitness room was free for guests (but there was unfortunately a $20+ charge for fitness classes). I enjoyed a massage outside on the lawn from a talented masseuse with the sound of the waves in the background. Spa prices were comparable to my local Red Door Salon.

Staff was available to cook breakfast in the villa and room service was also an option, but the view from both the bar and the restaurant was too enjoyable to miss. Both of them opened onto the water. Breakfast and lunch were available outside or inside, and a complimentary tea was available daily at 4pm (with tea, coffee, fruit and baked goods). The prices for breakfast, lunch and the bar menu were reasonable but I thought the restaurant was a bit overpriced. The food was good and presentation was always nice as well. Some of the organic vegetables are grown on-site, which impressed me. I did wish they had more vegetarian options as I was starting to get tired of my options by the fifth day.

My friends and I took advantage of the computer freely available to guests to check email and print our boarding passes, and one of my friends took the resort's free shuttle into Montego Bay for shopping one morning.

Staff throughout the resort was pleasant and very attentive. I felt safe at all times, even when walking alone.

The only problem I experienced was with my reservation, but it was straightened out and the manager seemed very interested in my feedback. My advice would be to make sure you print your reservation and take notes (including the name of any reservation staff members with whom you speak).

I wouldn't hesitate to return, but I would choose another time of year in order to (hopefully) avoid the daily afternoon thunderstorms which chased us off the beach every day.

I would also prefer to return either as part of a couple or a larger group of friends. The vast majority of other guests consisted of either couples or families, so it was rather quiet after dinner. It would be fun to rent out a villa with a group of friends and/or with several other couples.

Room Tip: Check Round Hill's Facebook page for feedback and also for discounts on room rates
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank PAPressGirl
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 7 July 2011

just finshed our 15th trip to Round Hill. Need I say more!!!! It was- and still is -the best of Jamaica. Staff, food, everything is RELAXING. The spa is fantastic and everyone there works hard to make it a wonderful vacation. See you next year-if not sooner.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This resort is top notch. From the greeting of George at the airport to our departure, everyone was amazing. The property is beautiful and gives the feeling of your own private resort with each cottage. We had wonderful people taking care of us; Nelda and Hazel. They cooked breakfast every morning and kept the cottage "in tact." Kinglsey, the concierge, was extremely helpful before we arrived and during. Each cottage has its own pool and it overlooks Montego Bay. You can stay at your own cottage and enjoy the privacy or enjoy the hotel's pool and beach and mingle with the other guests. The food was delicious. Room service, the restaurant and even tea. My friends and I did the all-inclusive Premium Package which was worth it. B,L,D - alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, water activities and airport transfers. This is definitely a place I would go back to.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 0625
Brewster, New York
Reviewed 5 July 2011

My husband and I spent 4 nights in the Pineapple house- our first extended trip away from our 3 kids. Everything about the resort was perfect- the staff, the room, the view, the beach bar but especially the food.
I would recommend the Platinum plan- an all inclusive option. WIthout that, it would have been VERY expensive to eat 3 meals and belly up to the bar (Stewart pours a mean Rum Punch)! We left the wallets in the safe and everything was "no problem".
WIth the platinum plan, you get transportation to and from the hotel and a great bamboo raft trip down the Great River- ask for Charlies boat! This was a great outing although we really felt we didn't even need to leave the resort.
The view from the room (on the second floor of the Pineapple House) was amazing. Everything was very clean and well maintained.
This is truly a gem!

Room Tip: Top floor of the pineapple house
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nikiguida
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This resort is the best the carribean has to offer. Extremey attentive staff and super pleasant. I have now been to Round Hill 4 times. We stay in a villa which is absolutely breathtaking with a wonderful staff. The surroundings are beautiful and well kept. My wife and I find this place the most relaxing and carefree holiday we have each time we come. The food in the restaurant is 5 star! If you want quality and a relaxing vacation with all the good things in life at your feet- Round Hill is the place. My suggestions: stay in a villa and get the platinum plan. Were planning a return visit with our kids in August.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Urolo
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2011

If you spend any time reviewing Round Hill on Trip Advisor you will notice a pattern of
HIGHLY pleased guests who return again & again. It is indeed an oasis from the bustle of the world unlike any other. A welcome back at Round Hill will make you feel like you've returned home to family after a long work assignment , the stress just melts away. From the welcome back of Kingsley & all the front office staff to the daily attentive inquiries of Omar it was indeed a wonderful return visit. The food keeps getting better and better. The new dinning space overlooking the bay was just exquisite. The staff in their drive for excellence is what sets Round Hill apart, they have indeed embraced what
incredible customer service is all about and they make every day there so pleasant. We long to return again soon, it was a great setting to enjoy our 25th anniversary.

Room Tip: Keisha was exceptional in making our arrangements
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FreqGATraveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 6,232 reviews

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!