I left Europe in the grips of winter and arrived in sunny and friendly Jamaica on January 22nd, 2013. Although it was a long trip I relaxed the moment I arrived at the airport which looks very fancy and modern.
It was thrilling to see the familiar faces of the staff at Round hill who always welcome one with 'Welcome home" which I love. The property has had some major landscaping with breath taking improvements. I did not think anything could be improved but I was so impressed with the main terrace which has been enlarged with many new trees and flowers everywhere.
The beach is wider and has more accommodation for guests and all the sand has been cleared of pebbles and weeds. The spa is magnificent and there are all sorts of new treatments and expert massage.
We visited some falls an hour away from Round Hill driving extremely slowly along a bumpy road. This is a lovely little oasis with bamboo huts and friendly guides and a goat. We climbed carefully into the water and walked up the river through the pools and waterfalls, occasionally sitting under the cascading water which the perfect jacuzzi. I went barefoot though it might be better with water shoes. It did not bother me at all though.
Back at Round Hill there was a glorious dinner party on the beach with a splendid buffet. There were lots of delicious things to choose from.
The friendliness of the staff rubs off on the guests and helps them to relax and fell comfortable with one another. I met some new friends there and enjoyed their company.
What I love about Round Hill it really does feel like home and it is unpretentious and low key and decorated in such good taste. I knew John Pringle who started Round Hill in the fifties and I wish he could see it now. He introduced me to Josef Forstmayr the general manager who is totally involved in the daily running of the resort and knows everything that is happening as well as arranging special events; nothing is too much trouble for him. I was there for 12 days which flew by so fast and now i am back in winter!
Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Prestigia, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay