“spoil yourself”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I spent 5 days at Round Hill end of February in the company of 3 golden girls. We stayed in cottage no 1 and we were out to spoil ourselves, all coming from cold Europe. And we had a ball! Everybody from Joseph, top management to our delightful house staff went out of their way to make sure we were well looked after throughout our stay. They kindly send a car to the airport to pick up my cousin, who had never visited before, so I could spend the day lounging around our lovely pool. She was as gobsmacked at the beauty of the resort, as indeed I had been the first time I visited Round Hill. The atmosphere of the restaurant and the bar is lovely both for lunch and even more so for dinner, and the food is very nice, but the wine a bit pricy! I am already looking forward to my visit next year with my golden girlfriends.

Room Tip: If possible go for a cottage
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CopenhagenDiplomat
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with feed back on your recent "girls getaway" in February. We are delighted that you enjoyed the villa experience in cottage 1. The housekeepers there are truly amazing and will ensure that you have a wonderful time. We hope that you will return to "spoil yourselves" again. Looking forward to having you back!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed 5 May 2013

this hotel is best for visitor who seeks a close relation with nature, especially the beach which is private and beautiful with gentle water. Hotel staff was part of the package and very nice and helpful. Try to stay in one of the villas which will give you a one-of-a-kind fantastic experience. The food was great, but most of all, I liked the quiet situation where we could fully relax and enjoy our closeness with sea breeze, sound of birds, beach waves and lush vegetation.

Room Tip: your choice but the villas are to die for !
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jhoreh

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful comments about your stay with us. We are happy to hear of your experience and hope that you will treasure the memories and come visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Went to Round Hill for one of those "destination weddings" of the daughter of long-time friends. The experience was excellent! All of the staff we passed by, spoke to, etc were very cordial and helpful, especially Brent at the front desk. Our room at the Pineapple House, while very nicely appointed, was right next to some very loud young people. Brent helped us switch to a more quiet location. We looked at a villa; more private and spacious, and with breakfast cooked to order by your private cook; next time we will opt for that. Right on the beach; a short walk from where we were. Infinity pool very nice. Food was excellent, breakfast was included in our package. A great place for families as well as just to chillax.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjrboca
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing Round Hill to celebrate this wonderful occasion with friends and family. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the resort, the amenities and the friendliness of the staff. We hope that next time, you will be able to experience a villa. All of us look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

From having read so many good reviews, our expectations were high. Unfortunately we were somewhat disappointed.
Pros:
Very pretty setting.
Our room was in the Pineapple House with a patio. The room was comfortable and clean.
There is a large lawn near the spa that is for adults only to sit and is a nice quiet place to relax. The pool there though is tiny. Also, no staff ever comes by to see if you need anything.
Cons:
The food is average at best.
Service is uneven.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kw212
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing Round Hill and for proving us with comments on your recent stay. We are sorry that we did not live up to your expectations in certain regards. We value your comments and will take the necessary correct action so that we can improve on our amenities/services. All the very best.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I visited RoundHill for some much need rest. I was absolutely delighted. Round Hill is a magical place. The food is amazing. I purchased the platinum package that include transportation, one spa service and a rafting trip on the great river. Worth every penny!! I have visited Jamaica numerous times. Round Hill is the best experience I had had so far. Jamaica is an amazing place. Round hill is rivaled by none. Try a villa, worth the extra money.. Eudel, Nora and Kingsley make cottage #12 a little slice of heaven. The view is amazing. The daily breakfast is phenomenal. I can't wait to return.

Only complaint.

Room Tip: The Villas are worth the extra money. This was my second stay at RoundHill. The pineapple house is v...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MonneV

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing Round Hill for your vacation. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed cottage 12 and the wonderful staff there. This is really what Round Hill is all about, the staff who go above and beyond to make your vacation heavenly. We all look forward to welcoming you back to cottage 12.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My daughters (12 and 15) just returned from 5 fabulous days at Round Hill and we're already planning a return trip with our extended family for the holidays. We stayed in a deluxe villa (recently renovated), with a private pool. I highly recommend the villas as you have privacy, additional space, and a fabulous housekeeping staff! We were fortunate to have 2 beautiful women cook breakfast for us every morning (fill out what you want the night before), clean and tidy our living space, and turn down service in the evenings. The view of the ocean was spectacular as was our pool. The landscaping at Round Hill is immaculate! Beautiful flowering plants, shrubs, walkways, the attention to detail is lovely. I only wish I had the opportunity to view every cottage, as every one is different and every one looks more stunning than the next. What I loved about this resort is the layout. I felt like we had our own intimate space, but we were also part of an exclusive hotel community. At no time did we feel unsafe or uncomfortable. We had a lovely walk down to the main bldg/lobby that opens to a beautiful view of the beach, pool, library, reading room, restaurant. Lots of families (especially with children under 3), couples, not for people looking to go wild and party all night/every night. We took advantage of the paddle boats, paddle boarding, and went tubing one day. We had 2 days of spa treatments and I would recommend the coffee scrub as my skin felt like a newborn baby. The salon was nice, but could definitely be improved/updated. The rooms are small, not sound proof, and too much light for a spa. Limited product lines and I was disappointed they didn't have a spa boutique. The fitness room was small, but well equipped. We took a yoga class that was fabulous, but I was disappointed that was an additional charge (28.00 per person for an hour). The dining atmosphere was lovely as we were always outside. I was prepared to pay for food as all the reviews had said it was expensive, but I was disappointed there wasn't more variety as the menu was limited. The caesar salads, grilled snapper, and Lion burger were our favorites.
The entire staff at Round Hill is outstanding and their service is exceptional! Always a smile, a hello, anticipating your every need, and quick to respond. Our Round Hill experience was an absolute pleasure, as everyone made us feel like they wanted us to be there! That's a good feeling1

Room Tip: Go for the Villa! Privacy, pool, great view, incredible personal staff
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha B

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing Round Hill for your family vacation. We are happy to know that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly a resort for everyone. We all look forward to welcoming you back for another wonderful Round Hill vacation.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Once again I returned to ROUND HILL where I have been going for over 30 years, for myself and my family it is going home: My grandchildren spent every summer there from the time they were small, nannies are supplied, chilren are well looked after. The beach is small but sufficient, the beach bar is great fun, water sports are abbundant-

The cottages varie according to the owners taste level but definately more than comfortable and all the staff are extremely professional, warm and more than polite.
The hotel rooms, all overlooking a marvellous pool and the sea are so comfortable and pleasant, not overdone-

If as a familyor group pf friends, breakfast is served in your cottage, if you have one of the hotel rooms you can take it in the restuarant or have room service-

We will as a family or one by one always return to ROUND HILL, dont miss-

maureen skelly bonini

Room Tip: in the hotel rooms, I prefer the first floor, however the ground floor have a patio. the cottag...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for continuing to choose Round Hill year after year for your family vacation. We pride ourselves on the family atmosphere and the bonds that are created when guests return year after year. We all look forward to your many return visits to share and enjoy good times with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Half Moon
#3 of 63 in Montego Bay
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!