“Amazing Place to Stay. Highly Recommended!”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Flushing, New York
“Amazing Place to Stay. Highly Recommended!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My two friends and I stayed at the Round Hill Resort for six nights this past week. From the moment we arrived (with complementary rum punches in hand) till the moment we checked out, all we encountered were smiling friendly faces along with "no problem, mon." Although we reserved a deluxe villa with semi-private pool and roll away cot (there is an additional person fee for more then two people in a room) we were upgraded to a two bedroom villa with a private pool. Needless to say we were practically jumping up and down when we realized just how lucky we got. Every day we were visited by a housekeeper who stayed the morning and was available to make breakfast for us. I personally like my privacy and would have been ok without her, but she was really nice and knew how to make herself blend in so it was fine. One word of warning, there is some noise at the resort. At night the crickets make a symphony (or cacophony depending on your perspective). During the day there was construction in the distance (two cottages are apparently being rebuilt). But if you are from NYC like me, you won't even hear it after a day and just feel grateful there is no F train out your window. Another warning, you are in the tropics so there will be bugs. Put anything that may be tasty to ants in Ziploc bags. Our villa had a full kitchen so we put everything food related in the refrigerator. Although the ac was fine for me, if you like arctic ac, you may find it a tad on the warm side (at least in cottage 4).

The actual beach is not that wide but the sand was soft and clean and it never felt crowded. We never felt the need to go to the adults only beach/pool section, but that was even more private. When I walked over once I saw that the beach there was more rocks than sand but there was a beautiful green lawn behind the beach, including a large hammock. One fun part of the ocean was two large floating rafts stationed 20 feet out in the water. I enjoyed carrying my book in the air and laying like a lazy lizard on the raft. In terms of water sports, any thing non powered was free. Since the catamaran was out of commission we used the snorkel gear and kayaks. There is a pretty coral reef. I would describe it in more detail but I discovered while out there that apparently I'm scared of the ocean. Luckily I didn't get eaten by a barracuda (I assure you this wouldn't happen....this was my irrational fear taking over) and did get to see some coral as I hurriedly swam back to shore.

We went on two outings during our stay. The concierge was helpful in guiding our choices. You can check out my reviews of both Mayfield Falls and Chukka Horseback riding if you are interested. I loved Mayfield Falls and had a nice time at Chukka as well.

If you decide to go to Round Hill ask them about the famous people who visit and about the movie that was filmed there. If you happen to be a rich and famous person reading this review, no worries... Round Hill respects privacy.

I loved this resort so much that I already started looking up prices for my next vacation. Sadly I believe I was fortunate to get an awesome deal on an awesome vacation. I will likely either have to change my plan of marrying for love or save up for a long time before I can afford to return for their regular prices. Anyway, if you can afford it and are looking for a friendly, private, and pampered resort don't waste your time reading other resort reviews and just decide to go to Round Hill...you'll be happy.

Room Tip: Cottage 4 was amazing. The pineapple house looked really nice too (just less private and spacious an...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your comments on your recent stay with us in cottage 4. We are delighted to hear that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves. The resort does offer a certain amount of privacy for those who just want to be low keyed, so glad to hear that you were able to experience the level of privacy desired. Follow us on Facebook or join our mailing us and we are sure to get all the special deals that we offer throughout the year to you. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
Zurich
Reviewed 22 July 2013

The Round Hill was suggested to us by a german luxury travel company as "the" hotel in the Caribbean. To cut the long story short: we just stayed 1 instead of 7 nights! We booked a 3 bedroom villa, the bathrooms are very old and dirty, the villa has a balcony - impossible to stay with children as no fence. The entire welcome team was very arrogant. After havin prepaid the entire trip, the immediately asked me for 1500 usd guarantee for "tips and massages".
We are incredible dissapointed by the travel agency and by the hotel. When we informed them that we are leaving they did not really care, one concierge suggested me an alternative villa but "it will be loud as construction is going on". The villas and rooms look by far not like the pictures in the internet, nor does the beach! The table and seats for dinner are plastic.
I can clearly NOT recommend this property. We stayed in the Ocean Club Bahamas, the Viceroy in the Antilles - both great!!! Round Hill was a MAJOR dissapointment, i would not recommend anyone to go there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with feedback on your recent stay. We must apologize for not meeting your expectations, We strive to ensure total guest satisfaction and will take the required corrective action.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This property has been around since 1953, and it feels like it. In a good way. It's hosted VIPs fro Paul McCartney to Ralph Lauren, so the staff is genuinely gracious, relaxed and well practiced. You get the feeling you've stepped back in time to old Havana or the Florida Keys, while down the street people are packed into giant hotel chains and less-than-classy restaurants/bars. This retreat has great character. And a few quirks, but that's part of the character. Prices for food, beverages and activities are high. Nothing's free; even ice water is hard to come by, but everything is good quality. Although there's a farm on property, it doesn't seem to produce much that makes it's way to the menu.
The spa is exceptional. Again full of old world charm, uneven bricks and quirks (like changes in the spa menu and mystery prices not listed on the web site). But my massage therapist, Diane, know her stuff and has been working here 14 years. Outdoor yoga classes each morning were a highlight. BYOBofwater.
We couldn't have been more pleased with our visit. This is a unique property.

Room Tip: If you're considering an upgrade to a private or semi private cottage it probably is well worth...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us. Am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. Being smaller and more intimate, we are able to offer a more unique experience to the discerning traveller. While our guests pay for their meals and drinks, depending on how they choose to consume, we do offer some amenities complimentary, which includes a daily afternoon tea, a weekly manager's cocktail party, complimentary bottles of spring water at turn down service nightly and of course triple distilled tap water. We do charge for bottled water. We look forward to welcoming you back to Round Hill to experience more of our uniqueness and timeless beauty and elegance.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I spent 3 days at Round Hill and enjoyed everything about it...the room was large and well appointed; the view to the sea was wonderful; the staff were outstanding and the food was delicious...need I say more?

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with feedback on your recent getaway with us. I will keep my response just as short and sweet ans yours. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Churchton, Maryland
Reviewed 22 July 2013

What a beautiful place, to start with. Great service -- kind people -- GENEROUS people. The pool in gorgeous, the beach lovely and secluded and safe. The history is deep. Ian Fleming wrote the early James Bond novels here. JFK and Jackie honeymooned here. But it's not a "stuck in time" place. Free wifi is there through out. The place is immaculately kept and decorated. We especially enjoyed Concierge Kingsley. You can stay in the hotel itself (28 rooms or so; we didn't see any of them) or you can rent a multi-room "villa." We stayed in the Seaside Cottage, which comes with a cook (Luanne, and MAN can she cook!), cleaning and laundry services daily (thank you Grace and Kassandra), impressive garden (Leroy's handiwork) and the magical Michelle, who remembered everyone's likes and dislikes and made every meal and snack fun. There's a pool at this cottage, as there are at many of the villas. But you won't want to miss the gorgeous infinity pool at the main beach club. All activities are extra. We had a 9 year old who loved the Kids Club there (which left the adults more time to read and gab and drink really lovely run punch). We will hasten back here, and are already planning out next family trip.

Room Tip: You can choose to add help during your stay if you stay in a villa. I know that the Seaside Cottage...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful review. Our employees, just like Kingsley, are our true stars that continue to make us look good every day. The attention of our kids club staff is outstanding as they take care of our little guests. We eagerly await your return.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2013

My wife and I stayed in cottage 18 at Round Hill for five days over the Memorial Day weekend in 2013. It was an incredible experience with beautiful memories - those of a beautiful and luxurious villa with a private pool and stunning views of the deep blue bay, a lovely, lush green and well-manicured property infused with understated elegance, an enticing beach with warm and inviting waters, daily afternoon high tea, magnificent sunsets, lovely evening outdoor dinners and being thoroughly spoilt by the staff who truly made us feel like royalty!

The entire staff tirelessly ensured that every detail of our stay was attended to with great passion and resolve and that every moment was infused with the finest Jamaican warmth and hospitality - whether it was David and Steve helping us unwind on the beautiful beach, Kingsley and Gavin [concierges] creating magical moments at Mayfield falls or Rick's Cafe, Irene and Lilieth [personal chefs] pampering us with daily breakfast spreads in our cottage, Claudine and Ann-Marie [front desk] patiently responding to our numerous questions, Chef Martin and his team conjuring up special dining experiences or Trevor showing us around and educating us on the fascinating island of Jamaica!

It felt like paradise and we fell in love with Round Hill and Jamaica, like so many preceding us I am sure!

Following out trip, we landed in New York relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated and ready to take on the world again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful comments on your recent stay with us. We are glad to know that we could have provided an atmosphere for you to unwind and feel rejuvenated and ready to take on the world again. We hope that when the times comes around for another needed break, you will head down to Round Hill to experience our little piece of paradise once more.
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family and I just returned from a week long stay at the Round Hill resort. We were a party of 10, 6 adults and 4 children. We stayed in Cottage 17 which overlooked the bay and mountainside. The home was impeccably decorated and well maintained. The staff that greeted us every morning became a memorable part of our trip for the adults and kids. We are already missing the wonderful daily breakfasts cooked in our kitchen. The attention to detail and our every need was met on this trip. Our children were able to utilize the kids club for a few hours a day and seemed to really enjoy it!

The food was good at the resort, especially the lunch menu. We took the opportunity to try a few local restaurants for dinner a few nights and were happy we explored the island a bit.

The ocean water was clear, calm and warm, however the beaches are not white like you will find in Negril. Every day we sat underneath the natural shade of the Caribbean almond trees and could float in the water with our eyes closed.

I would definitely recommend traveling to Round Hill. I can only hope to visit again soon.

Room Tip: This resort was great for large families. If traveling with kids, I recommend a villa with a pool. I...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay in beautiful cottage 17 with it beautiful decor and magnificent oceanview. We are happy to hear that you were greeted with warm smiles by the staff complimented by the wonderful service received, which left you with wonderful memories. All of us look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful island paradise.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn