My two friends and I stayed at the Round Hill Resort for six nights this past week. From the moment we arrived (with complementary rum punches in hand) till the moment we checked out, all we encountered were smiling friendly faces along with "no problem, mon." Although we reserved a deluxe villa with semi-private pool and roll away cot (there is an additional person fee for more then two people in a room) we were upgraded to a two bedroom villa with a private pool. Needless to say we were practically jumping up and down when we realized just how lucky we got. Every day we were visited by a housekeeper who stayed the morning and was available to make breakfast for us. I personally like my privacy and would have been ok without her, but she was really nice and knew how to make herself blend in so it was fine. One word of warning, there is some noise at the resort. At night the crickets make a symphony (or cacophony depending on your perspective). During the day there was construction in the distance (two cottages are apparently being rebuilt). But if you are from NYC like me, you won't even hear it after a day and just feel grateful there is no F train out your window. Another warning, you are in the tropics so there will be bugs. Put anything that may be tasty to ants in Ziploc bags. Our villa had a full kitchen so we put everything food related in the refrigerator. Although the ac was fine for me, if you like arctic ac, you may find it a tad on the warm side (at least in cottage 4).
The actual beach is not that wide but the sand was soft and clean and it never felt crowded. We never felt the need to go to the adults only beach/pool section, but that was even more private. When I walked over once I saw that the beach there was more rocks than sand but there was a beautiful green lawn behind the beach, including a large hammock. One fun part of the ocean was two large floating rafts stationed 20 feet out in the water. I enjoyed carrying my book in the air and laying like a lazy lizard on the raft. In terms of water sports, any thing non powered was free. Since the catamaran was out of commission we used the snorkel gear and kayaks. There is a pretty coral reef. I would describe it in more detail but I discovered while out there that apparently I'm scared of the ocean. Luckily I didn't get eaten by a barracuda (I assure you this wouldn't happen....this was my irrational fear taking over) and did get to see some coral as I hurriedly swam back to shore.
We went on two outings during our stay. The concierge was helpful in guiding our choices. You can check out my reviews of both Mayfield Falls and Chukka Horseback riding if you are interested. I loved Mayfield Falls and had a nice time at Chukka as well.
If you decide to go to Round Hill ask them about the famous people who visit and about the movie that was filmed there. If you happen to be a rich and famous person reading this review, no worries... Round Hill respects privacy.
I loved this resort so much that I already started looking up prices for my next vacation. Sadly I believe I was fortunate to get an awesome deal on an awesome vacation. I will likely either have to change my plan of marrying for love or save up for a long time before I can afford to return for their regular prices. Anyway, if you can afford it and are looking for a friendly, private, and pampered resort don't waste your time reading other resort reviews and just decide to go to Round Hill...you'll be happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay