“Wonderful!!!”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was our 2nd time to Round Hill. I don't think I can stay at another resort. The resort is wonderful. The staff are excellent. Everyone is very friendly and do their best to please you. The food is amazing. We never had a bad meal. All fresh. It isn't a large resort which we like and they make you feel like a family. Everything is close by. The rooms are big with a lovely view of the ocean. Not a long drive to the airport which is handy. The beach is protected so it is an excellent place for small children because there isn't an under tow. Our teenagers had a good time. They enjoyed scuba diving, volleyball, pool, parasailing, and snorkelling. We like a bottom floor room in the Pineapple house as it has a little porch with a table and chairs to enjoy the sunset.

Room Tip: Bottom floor of the Pineapple House has a patio.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katy B
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for returning to Round Hill for a second time. We are happy to know that we have become your home away from home. All of us are committed to ensuring that our guests have the most memorable vacation. We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful property. Small and intimate. I stayed in one of the pineapple bungalows. (Hotel) the views from the second floor rooms are breathtaking! The service here was top-notch. Rooms are spotless. I visited this property back in 2007 also, and the experience was EXACTLY the same which is an amazing thing. I'll be back for a third time in the near future.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for choosing Round Hill for your second visit. We are happy to hear that the quality of our service and amenities are as good as your first visit in 2007. We hope that you will not stay away for so long for your third visit and more.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Was fortunate enough to visit Round Hill in March, 2014 after a disgustingly cold and snowy northeast winter. An easy flight from Boston and a 25 minute cab ride (with Reggae Tours...ask for Peter) and we were deposited in a place in time where service, luxury and total relaxation are the only things that matter.
We stayed in Cottage 21, about a three minute walk from the front desk. While it was not one of the refurbished villas (it is scheduled for remodel this year) it was amazing. From the outdoor living spaces, to the pool and waterfall, to the sweeping views of the sea, it was a lush oasis that we barely wanted to leave. The house staff, Desmond, Carmen and Karlene welcomed us like they had been waiting for us all year. The grounds and rooms were immaculate, and the morning, made to order breakfast was perfect. We remarked several times how it felt like were royalty.
When we finally ventured out, the amazement continued. All of the staff we met were personable, and really interested in making sure this was the best vacation we had ever had. The pool and beach were spectacular, never a problem finding lounge chairs or a drink. The watersports folks were terrific as well. We snorkeled and kayaked, and enjoyed watching the sailing, water skiing and tubing. The coral reef was breathtaking and just off shore. A short, scenic walk through a lush forest to the spa area was another type of beauty...grassy, shaded and peaceful. The cool breeze and gentle clatter of the stones rolling as the surf came ashore was therapeutic and hypnotizing.
The food was spectacular also. I have a pretty dull palate, but always found something that was just perfect. Partner is a bit more adventurous and was quite impressed with the selection and presentation. We elected to go with the meal plan; while I didn't track dollar for dollar if we came out ahead or lost money, it didn't matter, the food was that good. We ate at the restaurant, at the pool bar, and room service, and all were great quality meals.... when they say farm to table, it seemed as though it was picked three minutes before they served it!
A note on the service...many of these resorts make it a point for the staff to learn your name...that is impressive. When you mention in passing that the gift shop is out of anti-itch cream (yes, mosquitos were pretty aggressive), and about an hour later some is delivered to your room.... that is truly going above and beyond.
Were there issues? Yes. The mosquitos were hungry, but there is spray and other repellant in the room for the outdoor spaces. The room was older, and the King Bed was actually two twins pushed together. Sharing a villa has the potential for problems, but we were lucky with the families on the other side. Planes overhead were hardly noticeable. There is construction, but the management is very aware of the intrusion. In fact, construction next to our villa was suspended while we were there, so it was never a problem. You read reviews and people whine about the most innocuous and banal of things. Nothing, I repeat, nothing takes away from the magic and romance of this slice of heaven on earth.
Several times as we left, even at the airport, people would see that we were leaving and say "See you next week, mon." If only that were possible. But we will return. Guaranteed.

Room Tip: The villas are worth every penny. Makes it like two vacations in one!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your comments on your stay in cottage 21. We are all committed to ensuring that our guests have the most memorable vacation, part of which is personalizing our guests's stay by addressing them by their names. We hope that you will return to Round Hill for another winter escape.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have now been to Round Hill 22 times, and there are a multitude of reasons I continue to return.

Jamaica is a wonderful place to escape winter. Only a couple hours flight from the Northeast, it is an easy destination. Additionally, Round Hill is only a 20 minute drive from the airport, but once you enter the gates of the resort you feel like you have entered the gates to paradise.

The "cottages" are spectacular. Each is air-conditioned (an improvement since I started travelling to Round Hill) and many contain pools. There are cottages of every size to meet your needs. As my family has grown and we have brought more friends and family along for the trip, we have increased the size of the cottages we rent.

But don't let that distract you from the fabulous hotel accommodations. The rooms are spacious and each room has a view of the beach and ocean.

While my favorite activity at Round Hill is tennis (the pros there are great - both at playing and at instruction), I also like to spend time waterskiing, snorkeling, tubing, kayaking, attending exercise classes and walking the garden tour (a great way to learn about the local plants and see other cottages!). In my 22 trips to Round Hill I have only left the resort a handful of times - a testament to just how engaging the place is. I haven't been to the spa, but I have heard it is very nice.

The food has gotten better over the years and is now truly top-notch. They often serve traditional Jamaican dishes (aki and saltfish, jerk chicken, locally caught lobster and red snapper). However, if you are a less adventurous eater they have plenty of choices as well. Lunch and dinner are served at the restaraunt overlooking the ocean - a great ambience!

While the food, accommodations and entertainment are great, what really makes the place special is the people who work there. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful and every single person tries there best to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Many of the lifeguards, tennis pros, watersports people, cooks, concierge, gardeners, and cleaning ladies have known me since before I could walk. The people and the level of service are the reasons that my family has been going to Round Hill for the past twenty-five years.

I love this place and it is definitely my favorite vacation destination (I think of Round Hill as a destination unto itself). I definitely recommend visiting if possible. The worst part of every stay is leaving.

Room Tip: The hotel is wonderful, but the cottages are something special. Waking up to an exquisite fruit pla...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for continuing to choose Round Hill as your home away from home for 22 visits over the last 25 years. We are thrilled that you continue to enjoy the resort, the food, the accommodations, but most of all the friendliness and service from our employees with their warm Jamaican hearts. They go above and beyond to ensure total customer satisfaction. It is our desire to continue to deliver on our service promise to our loyal customers and first time guests.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful weekend at Round Hill! I could not have picked a more special place to propose to my beautiful fiancé. The vibe of the resort was relaxed, the decor superb (thanks to Mr. Lauren), and the staff friendly (shout out to Kingsley and Gerard). If you're looking for a hotel with excellent beach-side cocktails, a place where you don't have to fight for lounge chairs in the sun, and breathtaking views, then this is the place to book.

Planning my second visit now!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mlibs

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your wonderful comments and most importantly for choosing Round Hill to propose to your beautiful fiancée. It is our wish that you will return to Round Hill for us to either host your wedding or stay with us for your honeymoon. All of us look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay at Round Hill. I researched multiple resorts throughout the Caribbean, and the selection of Round Hill hit the jackpot on multiple levels.

Setting: gorgeous, peaceful, therapeutic..Infinity pool along the beach is perfect for reading, relaxing, swimming. The beach itself is beautiful and the water calm.

Dining areas: pretty, stylish, classy and somehow, looked different between meals, though (I think?!) we ate in the same 3 physical places breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was excellent. I cannot remember the last Caribbean resort where I didn't get out a guide book to see where to eat off the resort..Seriously, the food is fresh, tasty, and varied. Some nights we ordered off a menu, other nights were buffet (both different). All great.

Room: we stayed in the Pineapple House, and our room was perfect. My husband kept saying"our room looks just like the picture on the website; that never happens!"-all white, simple yet stylish furnishings, modern amenities. We stayed in an "Oceanfront King Patio" room- which offers an outdoor seating area off your room, which is very nice.

Staff- all were so friendly and helpful, yet never intrusive or "too friendly." The manager Josef is very present, and involved in making sure guests are happy.

Round Hill is elegant and luxurious, and the prices fit; however, it is completely unpretentious, warm and inviting to all. Saving money now for our return

Room Tip: If staying in the PIneapple House- I recommend an "Oceanfront Patio "room- for a balcony t...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nkvmd
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us, although a short one. We hope that you will return and stay longer and experience more of the Round Hill hospitality.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I have never posted an online travel review in my life. I am a world traveler, and have stayed in the finest. I previously held an executive level job for the parent company of TripAdvisor. I don’t take the time to post however I always peek at reviews before I book a property that I have never been to. I just returned from a stay at Round Hill Hotel & Villas and the headline is:

“BEST 5 STAR IN THE CARIBBEAN. I realize it’s a big statement: This is why it’s great:

-Greeted on arrival by Kingsley Blake (employee since 1972) who toured me around the property. Most of the staff is long tenured.

-I had an immediate emotional connection. This is an old world property updated in today’s luxury standards. The vibe is laid-back, plantation style, crisp, clean, and high end.

-Immaculate grounds, friendly staff, and safe.

-Intimate with only 36 oceanfront guest rooms and 27 private villa homes. While I was pulling in Ralph Lauren was departing. RL just played a role in modernizing the oceanfront guestrooms.

-Lots to do on property and if you want action there are a number of activities (golf, shopping, whitewater rafting, zip line…) all within minutes of the front gate.

Other:
-FOOD: Leading with farm to table produce (hotel garden), and fresh caught seafood daily.

-ACTIVITES: Beach, Boats, Infinity Pool, Tennis, Stand Up Paddle, Walking Trails, Scuba, Water Skiing, Water Rafts, Hobie Cat…it’s a big property 110 acres.

-SPA: Housed in an 18th century plantation house. Request Winsome. A mix of Swedish and Thai techniques. It hurt so good.

-HISTORY: “A” LIST GUESTS from before and now including Jackie/JFK, Bob Hope, Anna Wintour, Patrick Dempsy and Paul McCartney.

This is 5 STAR but not in the way of “Viceroy, Ritz-Carlton, or Four Seasons. It’s better because it’s AUTHENTIC, with historical significance. Moreover this property has character and soul.

Drawbacks:
-Not one. I did not want to leave. Best kept secret in the Caribbean.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the raving review. We are thrilled to be called "5 Star -Authentic." We have been around from 1953 and so there is a vast amount of history and character to the property. While we build on our traditions, we seek to provide exceptional memories in a glamorous and stylish setting, which is authentic and non-pretentious. We will continue to deliver personalized service in an effort to meet and exceed our guests' needs. We look forward to your return trip in the near future to experience more of what makes us special.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall
#3 of 6 in Rose Hall

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!