“Relaxing stay”

Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hopewell
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Went with a friend and had a very relaxing stay. It was perfect for 4 nights but probably would have started to get antsy if we had stayed longer as there aren't a lot of activities and Jamaica is known to not be the safest place for exploring. Jamaica Night buffet and entertainment on Friday nights were the highlight of the stay. Never had a problem getting a secluded spot on the beach. The pool however was often filled with energetic kids.

The spa was mediocre, no amenities except a small outdoor pool and gym.

The villas looked beautiful and the way to go if visiting Round Hill. The hotel is great for families with kids as there are a lot of kids activities and the staff go out of their way to help and entertain them.

Room tips: the rooms in the main hotel do not have a TV, and not all of them have a balcony or patio so make sure to request one. The views from the room are beautiful but we couldn't enjoy it that much as the windows do not have a separate screen when open.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sandinmyhair
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for providing us with feedback on your stay with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Round Hill offers the perfect spot for short getaways from the daily rigours of everyday life. Once you enter the gates of the property, you immediately start to de-stress and relax. We hope you will return to stay with us whenever the need arises.

There are newer reviews for Round Hill Hotel & Villas

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Let me begin by saying that this was our first trip to Round Hill and it definitely will not be our last!
My husband and I stayed in the Pineapple House and were pleasantly surprised with the doors that opened wide to the pool area and the private porch that we could easily drink our Red Stripe on! Each morning we were greeted by the serenity of Round Hill and the reflecting sun on the bay. By the time the sun set, the sounds of nature took over and lulled us to sleep. Somehow we felt as if it was always just the two of us at the resort.
The walk to the Spa and workout center was amazing! A rich, lush and thriving jungle surrounded us and made us feel as though we were far away from the resort area itself. If you do decide to get a massage, might I recommend Zarren...he was amazing! The Spa facilities are unique...small huts set in the hillside. Just peaceful!
The walking/jogging path provided my husband and I with a scenic jaunt each morning. It goes through the property and around the other side of the Bay somehow making you feel as if youare on your own private island. It is well worth the hike up the hill.
The food...AHHHHH THE FOOD! Nothing but fresh, exceptional and of high quality. It is easy to eat healthy here and stay on track if that is what you are looking for. You will not find general fried foods and French fries here...you will find grilled snapper, conch, jerk chicken, salads, callaloo and fresh fruits. We were more than pleased with selection of food to choose from (and we are rather picky with our preparation of meals).
If snorkeling is you thing, then you are in luck! There is a fantastic reef just a short swim off the shore. I spent hours each day exploring the underwater world surrounding Round Hill. Definitely a highlight of the trip.
The staff was friendly, warm, receptive and informative. There wasn't a question you couldn't ask. Not only were they knowledgeable about the history of Round Hill, but were more than willing to explain a lot of the history of their island and people. I would have to say that the only staff that I did not find too friend were the water sports staff, but since we brought our own snorkel gear we didn't really have to worry about that.
Nightly dinners are considered more formal and men much wear long pants and a shirt with a collar. There were a few nights that gentlemen were admitted in without pants on and that did upset my more traditional husband (especially since it is posted that men should not be wearing shorts)
But, other than that...our overall experience was EXCEPTIONAL and beyond our expectations!
Thank you Round HIll...like so many of your other guests, we will be returning!

Room Tip: The Pineapple house was in the perfect location to reach the beach, pool, restaurant and main house.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank crew4404
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful comments on your EXCEPTIONAL vacation with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed the first experience with us. We are also happy to hear that the service from our professional staff was friendly and of a high standard. We hope that you will come back and stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family just returned from an eight day stay to Round Hill Villa #6 and I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay. The entire experience was wonderful but the icing on the cake had to be the wonderful personal service we received from Angela, Kareen and Delroy of Villa # 6.
They took such great care of us and went far beyond what anyone would expect from the delicious breakfasts with handpicked ingredients to the lush grounds around our villa. it was a trip to paradise and I cant wait to return to Villa # 6 at Round Hill.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank joaninForida
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your lovely comments on your recent stay in beautiful cottage 6. Kudos to the the staff in cottage 6. They are very attentive and offer personalized and friendly service. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to our island paradise.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have traveled to many beautiful and luxurious resorts but this is simply the best. The grounds are stunning, flowers everywhere, beautiful trees, and lawns. Where ever your eyes land there is beauty. The villas are everything everyone has said, although I only saw mine, #16 which i highly recommend. (If you scroll to the bottom of the property web site click on property map and then you can click on each villa for detailed description and lots of photos of each one. ) sixteen is up the hill near the top of the property with commanding unobstructed views of the water and it has a huge infinity pool. The interior of the villa (5 bedrooms plus guest house) is designed and furnished with excellent taste and amenities. The lighting is great, with indirect lighting on dimmers throughout plus excellent lights for reading in bed and lamps placed over the desk and other areas. lots of outlets too. I booked through FHR a pineapple hotel room but was upgraded to the villa as per the FHR plan. I did see the hotel room and it was nice but there is no comparison. The first night I had the place to myself. Then two other rooms became occupied. I was wondering how this would work but it was fine. Its such a huge villa, lots of privacy and the other folks were lovely. The five people staffing the villa were terrific, especially Angella and Sharon. Lots of well deserved pride in their work. Only one mishap which I;ll mention simply as a caution to others. My otherwise excellent massage was interrupted by a jazz dance class taking place outside my room on the lawn with a boom box playing the music at a pretty loud volume. Following the massage i wanted to linger on the beautiful lawn, designated as the "tranquility area" where guests a are advised that "cell phones are not permitted." In this several hundred yard expanse, there was no escaping the continuing thumping of the bass from the boom box. A satisfactory accommodation was made by the management but not until after i went up the chain of command and spoke to three different people. All expressed that they were sorry in the way you might say you were sorry it rained all day, i.e. a situation out of one's control. There was little acknowledgement of a pretty egregious lapse in management and judgement and failure to deliver on a very explicit promise to guests to provide a tranquil environment. Anyway, before confirming anything at the spa ask if there is anything else going on simultaneously that makes loud noise. In every other respect the property is clearly run with very high standards and expectations of staff and they put the comfort of their guests ahead of everything. Food is ok.. Breakfast is best, chicken, fish, club sandwich all fine. I agree with whoever said stay with the simple stuff. There are bigger, sandier beeches but this one is scaled just right for it setting.

Room Tip: Go for the villas. Check out the detailed floor plans and photos for each on the website's "...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank jr319
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful comments on your recent stay with us in our luxurious cottage 16, with its magnificent views of the sea. We are happy to hear that the cottage staff offered exemplary service. I must apologize for the noise from the dance class that interrupted your massage. We pride ourselves on offering a tranquil environment. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future in beautiful cottage 16.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am once again here with my family. Been other countries, other resorts, but tell you: this is the best spot to come home. The hotel and grounds are beautiful, you just can't get enough of it, and most important is the stuff: you will feel unconditional respect and love, no matter how naughty or cranky you are, Round Hill stuff values their guests. Thank you))
Massages are top notch and well worth the money, I had the same therapist giving me massage from 7 years ago, I loved it. Thank you!
Dinners are tad expensive, be prepared for it or it might ruing your appetite. )
But overall you will be delighted, relaxed, happy, make sure you will take advantage of resort's complimentary activities: Daily afternoon tea party, water sports, tennis courts, Wednesday cocktail party and of course do not miss their famous Friday Buffet dinner/ show -with the most amazing Jamaican People preforming for you. ( Still here from years ago!!)
Love you guys, Thank you so much for welcoming us once again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Astralanna
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for completing your review of your recent stay with us. It was our pleasure having you stay with us again and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. It was nice that you were able to utilize the services of the same massage therapist and was pleased. We hope that you will return to stay with us again in the near future. to experience more Round Hill hospitality.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I nearly cried when it was time to leave Round Hill. Every inch of this resort is beautiful. It was built in the fifties and has relaxed, preppy vibe. You can almost picture Jackie Kennedy hanging out on the beach in her big sunglasses back in the day.

The staff people were kind and helpful. I would like to personally thank the woman in the dive shop who called our dive shop in St. Augustine to get my daughter's NAUI certification when it did not come up in the system. Also thanks to the man in the office who straightened out our zip line trip even though we did not book it through the resort, and the sweet lady who does the bed turn-down service who told us how sorry she was we had to leave the next day. I was sorry too.

What a perfect place. I could not get over the gorgeousness of it... nor could my husband, who is not normally one to sit and take in the view. I walked the stone path toward the spa each morning, and swam off the dock. I ran the jogging path to see the whole property. I snorkeled for hours on the reef. I sat in a lounge chair and just looked. We loved Round Hill.

My family stayed in the hotel, near the infinity pool. We had an excellent view. The shuttered windows do not have panes, and they do ask you not to run the air with the shutters wide open.
We turned the air up during the day, and down at night when everything was closed up. There was the tiniest bit of mildew in the shower. Though normally rather picky, I could not have cared less. Every thing else was so perfect, there had to be some tiny flaw so that I knew I wasn't in heaven quite yet.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor- loved the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Miles392

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the great feedback on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time and that the friendliness of our staff was outstanding. We pride ourselves on offering personalized service complimented by warm Jamaican hospitality. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

One of my Favourite hideaways in Jamaica love this place for elegance class and privacy.as the saying goes you get what you pay for ..stunning in one word views private beach , not to mention the local staff members who look after you

Will always return to Round hill
Had a big birthday party here years ago and the settings was breathtaking

Won't mention names here but a few A list stars own Villas in the complex

Room Tip: Try the Villas as oppose to rooms
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Valued Past Guest,

Thanks for the wonderful comments on your recent stay. We were delighted to have you stay with us again and look forward to many more return trips to experience what makes Round Hill special.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hopewell
Jamaica Inn
#2 of 63 in Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay

Been to Round Hill Hotel & Villas? Share your experiences!