Round Hill Hotel & Villas
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$666
  • Breakfast included
Secrets St. James Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$699
US$573
Bookit.com
Great 4.5/5
Breathless Montego Bay Resort & Spa(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$670
US$501
Great 4.5/5
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$427
US$227
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Cove Montego Bay(Montego Bay)(Great Value!)
US$297
US$289
  • Breakfast included
Altamont West Hotel(Montego Bay)
US$135
Good 3.5/5
The Wexford Hotel(Montego Bay)
US$109
US$102
  • Pool
Caribic House(Montego Bay)
US$69
US$120
Royal Reef(Montego Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Average 3/5
1,410 results
All reviewspineapple houseralph laureninfinity poolmanaging directormontego baysemi private poolprivate villaplatinum planvilla staffthe cottagesspa areajamaica nightbeach barbecueevery morningjamaican nightkids clubfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 May 2009

My wife and I stayed at Round Hill in early April and had a wonderful stay. We stayed in the Pineapple House in a room with a great view of the ocean. There was a good mix of couples and families and the children around gave the resort that much more life. Meals are not cheap but that is true of any quality resort on this or other islands. The service of the staff is wonderful and cheerful. The afternoon Tea is a nice, free touch. It is a great intimate resort which is comfortable and not to large. We found local restaurants to be good. Did not care much for the hip strip which seemed rundown with few attractive places. Played Golf at White Witch which was a challenging course with more significant elevation changes than Tryall. There were only 8 other golfers on the course when I played and the Ritz Carlton which owns the course was less than half full that week.

We look forward to returning to Round Hill with again and may bring our kids and rent a villa.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We spent the last 4 days of our Jamaican vacation at Round Hill. What a way to wind things up. We stayed in a villa with views in all directions, out into the Caribbean and back toward Montego Bay. We enjoyed a private pool and our housekeeper/ cook spoiled us with delicious made to order breakfasts and an occasional fruit smoothie.

We could have been happy with just the villa but did enjoy all the amenities. Beach is small but adequate, infinity pool very elegant. Even an adults only area away from the activity. We were surprised to have lifeguards at the beach and the pool.

We chose the all-inclusive package and were surprised to find that it did not include wine or liquor in our villa. We ordered a bottle of house wine with a room service lunch and the wine charge was a whopping $60.00. There was also an additional charge for anything from room service. These charges seemed to contradict the "all-inclusive" description.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and provided golf cart transportation to and from our villa. The resort is on a "hill" as the name implies and the inclines are quite steep, discouraging a lot of walking. Grounds and gardens absolutely gorgeous.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank periwinklw
Reviewed 1 February 2009

I was just reminiscing about our time at Round HIll and realized I had never taken the time to post a well deserved review.

My now husband and I stayed at Round Hill in the Pineapple House in July of 2007 and were so thoroughly impressed by the resort that we then booked the resort for our wedding party in November. During that trip we stayed in villa #8 which was perfect as we had a larger private location for all of our friends to gather after dinners down at the hotel restaurant. Our actual wedding took place outside of the property in another fabulous location however we did plan some events at the property. Rachael, the wedding contact at Round Hill was the consummate professional and attentive in helping us to ensure that our guests would have the perfect experience. I cannot say enough about her. Relaxed (at everyone seems to be in Jamaica) and totally organized.

I personally feel that everything about Round Hill makes for the perfect holiday if you are looking for a relaxing, intimate experience. Our preference is to stay in luxury boutique hotels, generally 5 star with an attention to design and customer service, and this place delivers in spades.

The design of the rooms and the villas is impeccable. Aesthetic beauty, comfort, and the presence of the old school glam (pics of jfk and so many others from that era at the resort line the walls of the very chic cocktail lounge) that defines the property is so very unique. The pool is utterly gorgeous and refined. The grounds are impeccablly kept. The beach, while small, has high quality snorkeling, and really delicious drinks and is very relaxing. The spa is high quality in a gorgeous setting, and the walk to the spa past the most gorgeous white rock beach is a special treat. Generally, I would then expct a level of pretention to accompany this, but that is where Round Hill really stands out. The overall feeling of the resort through all of the staff is relaxed, friendly and totally unpretentious. Everyone we met was really friendly and open and seemed truly happy to be there.

Our wedding party loved their rooms and villas and everyone left relaxed and wowed that such a special place exists.

My husband and I are looking forward to another trip back as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sav11
Reviewed 15 December 2008

We returned two days ago from a one week stay in an oceanfront room in the Pineapple House at Round Hill. I have been going to Jamaica since 1965 and in recent years have stayed at all of the deluxe properties in the Montego Bay area.
Round Hill truly brought me back to the "Old Jamaica" of my childhood, with it's intimate "clubby" feel. The property is beautiful, and the staff friendly and courteous. The high points of the week were the Monday night beach barbecue, and the Friday night Jamaican buffet with limbo, fire dancing, etc. We found the dining very good and reasonably priced compared to other places we've stayed in the Caribbean.
A few of the things we did not like -
I had contacted the property several times over the months prior to our stay, and had requested a first floor room with balcony (as opposed to a second floor with only a window). Upon check-in I was told that a balcony room was not available until the next day, even the property was empty. After being very disappointed by this news, my husband handed over a nice bit of money to one of the employees, and guess what? A first floor balcony room was available!
As it was the last week before the holiday season was beginning, the Seaside Terrace, where all meals are served, used the same menu for dinner every night of the week, except for the buffets. We noticed at the bottom of the menu it said "week 2", whatever that meant. No variation became quite boring. We even noticed that on the buffet nights the only desserts they displayed were the exact same that were on the menu the a la carte nights.
Lastly, I tried for the entire week to get decaf for my in-room coffee maker. My husband & I are up by 5:30 a.m. and like to make coffee in the room. Each day I was told it would be brought to the room, but to no avail.One employee told me I would have to wait until 7:30 and order it from room service.
We had a wonderful time and would return to Round Hill, but despite it's reputation, I don't feel that the little problems were addressed at all by the staff. I would give it 4 stars, but not 5.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TerriRH
Reviewed 2 November 2008

My husband and i stayed at Round Hills for 10 days we had booked a Pineapple room but on arrival had been up graded to a villa suite,after been shown around we decided to stay with our original choice,the villa suite was very dark with no real view and quite along way from the rest of the hotels facilities,you can get a golf trolley to take you around if you wish.The Pineapple rooms are beautful very light and spacious decorated in the lovely Ralf Lauren style the view was amazing ! bathrooms were very spacious with huge baths and walk in showers.
The service was very good from the restaraunt to the pool attendants and turn down service,nothing is too much trouble at Round Hills,everyone was very friendly and more than helpful.
If you are looking for a glitzy,flashy resort then this is not for you there are some areas that are clearly past even faded elegance particularly the upstairs dinning terrace it seriously needs the Ralf Lauren touch ! But if you like nice unobtrusive service,nice food beautiful rooms then try Round hills you wont be dissapointed .

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank petalWarwickshire