My wife and I spent a wonderful week at the Round Hill in June and were married there. We could not have asked for a better week. It is very hard to describe the Round Hill as I have never stayed at a comparable resort. It is intimate yet you can find seclusion in your villa or room at the Pineapple House. At times we had the beach entirely to ourselves, or we could take out a kayak around the Bay and be completely to ourselves.
The biggest problem with the Round Hill is that you become spoiled. After a few nights eating and drinking right next to the water, you realize that it cannot get any better. We hosted a BBQ right on the beach, like the resorts hosts every Monday night, complete with bonfire and coconut cutter and immaculate cuisine with the waves lapping at our bare feet. Our ceremony was on the Spa Lawn, a grassy area that looks back at the Round Hill resort across the bay. We did not need much floral help as the scenery was so amazing. We held a cocktail party near the main pool, which rests on a unique cobblestone terrace, just steps above the coral reef below.
The staff that served us during the week and at our wedding events were incredible. More than great service, the staff really seemed to enjoy themselves (granted our parties were a lot of fun). The day after our wedding reception many of the staff approached me to tell me what a great party we had. At that point I knew many of the staff by name and the knew mine and it was a great feeling.
The food at Round Hill is amazing, and dining locations are even more so, but it is expensive. $60 for a buffet dinner. But you can order a la carte, and the bar area has a nice menu, too. We also went into town a couple nights, which was really convenient and the Round Hill arranged a van for us that worked out to $10-15 per person.
We stayed in a villa which was amazing. Dark wood and white ceilings for a romantic old-world feel. We asked to stock the villa with beer and sodas, which I highly recommend. There is no better feeling then waking up to someone (Irene in our case) preparing the breakfast of your choice, complete with fresh fruit and juices. Our villa was slightly up the hill and offered an amazing view of the bay. You can also enjoy the same view from our pool and Jacuzzi.
You do have to appreciate being outside to love the Round Hill. Most living rooms at villas are not enclosed. The restaurant is outside. The bars are outside. Bring your bugs pray if you need protection, but enjoy the rustic old world charm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas is situated on a lush 110-acre peninsula just west of Montego Bay, Jamaica. Boasting a guest list of world leaders, cultural icons and Hollywood A-listers, this classic resort continues to attract a jet-set from around the world who enjoy timeless glamour and understated luxury along with pristine natural beaches and the inimitable Caribbean waters. Accommodations include 36 Ralph Lauren-designed oceanfront guest rooms, 90 luxurious villa rooms and suites or a selection of 27 private 2 - 6 bedroom Villas – most with private pools. Other highlights include open-air terrace dining and The Grill at Round Hill, award-winning family programs, an infinity pool, tennis courts, and an Elemis spa located in a beautifully-restored 18th century plantation house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Round Hill Hotel & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Round Hill Hotel And Villas
- Round Hill Resort
- Round Hill Jamaica
- Round Hill Hotel & Villas Jamaica/Montego Bay